- Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer with experience in many industries (communications, transportation, agriculture, banking, Medicare processing and insurance) and many types of financial applications (receivables, collections (CACS+), billing, discounts, and risk management (STRATA & ACAPS)).
- My wide experience has allowed me to become a very capable team player, quickly becoming productive in new situations.
- I can function as a team member or team leader, having been part of many teams, chaired many meetings, presented at a national convention, trained and mentored new employees and transfers, created many program specs and a department user manual.
- I have written unit and project test plans, plus coded, tested, and implemented many programs in both batch and on - line environments.
- I was the project testing manager and part of project core management on one large collections project. About 90% of my career experience has centered on COBOL, in addition I have excellent experience in TSO/ISPF, CICS, IMS, VSAM and DB2.
- I also have done some PL1 and Assembler.
- Hardware: Confidential 360/40, Confidential 370/148,Confidential370/158, Confidential 370/168, Confidential 4331,Confidential 3083, Confidential 3090, Amdahl V-6, various models of PCs
- Software: Operating Systems: OS/390, OS/XA, OS/MVS, DOS/VSE, VM-ESA, MS-DOS
- Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, IMS, PL/1, ASSEMBLER, DB2, DL/1 (little), REXX, CLIST, Easytrieve
- Mainframe Software: VSAM, ISAM, BDAM, CEDF, EZTEST, Micro Focus Workbench, XPF-COBOL, OS Utilities, XPEDITER, MQ Series, Connect Direct, CA-7, Comparex, SQL, File-Aid, CACS, Strata, SDSF, and some CHANGEMAN, Tivoli, Endevor, Intertest, INSYNC, SharePoint
- Text Editors: TSO-ISPF, PANVALET, LIBRARIAN, WORDPAD, VM-ISPF, Notepad, DOS-EDIT, SPF-PC
- PC Software: MICROSOFT WINDOWS (98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista, 7), WORD, Excel, Attachmate XTRA, MICROSOFT Explorer, MICROSOFT OUTLOOK, VISIO, PowerPoint, Project Manager, Firefox
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCESenior Systems Analyst/Programme,
- Short contract to help client thru a serious spike in Medicare System conversions.
- My duties were very similar to those performed while with Companion Data Services, which included creating/modifying JCL (mostly NDM processes),
- Creating system files, updating documents, and other Data Interfaces responsibilities.
- Contract with ZeroChaos to help a large international bank install the anti money laundering software created while with Confidential .
- Duties include system planning and design, assisting in creation of production implementation plan, defect analysis and removal, coding, testing, system testing, act as go between for the bank and system maintainers ( Confidential folks), plus some .
- Most of the work done for the bank was done from the Dallas area, but several trips to the bank located in Cleveland, Oh were required. Interfaced everyday with everyone on the team to sync schedules and complete tasks.
- Contractor with Confidential . working for a company that supplies anti money laundering software to financial institutions.
- Involved in COBOL coding (new programs and maintenance), and testing these programs/updates which have been mandated by the Confidential .
- I have been involved in the batch side of this system which is designed to call attention to possible money laundering by individuals that are involved in large cash transactions.
- I have made extensive changes in the main program used to create a tape of a bank’s results that is sent to the Confidential on a monthly basis. This was initially a 3 month contract but was extended by another 4 months.
- Contractor with Companion Data Services (CDS), a major Medicare claims processing service with duties that include creating/modifying JCL, then testing it with Medicare Service Companies and government agencies.
- Mainly responsible for the Data Interfaces part of this Conversion Process (data transferred with Connect Direct). Starting with REXX tools to create the Interface JCL, next desk check the JCL created, and then test it’s functionality.
- Daily communication with the companies responsible for the Medicare customer service and other government agencies that participate in the Medicare process.
- Maintained the REXX tool that created the Part B Interface JCL and created a second REXX tool to build the Part A Interface JCL.
- Conducted a class with Power Point visual aids about the REXX JCL creation tool.
- During the final months of my first employment with CDS was responsible for 1 other employee, including and scheduling his daily activities.
- Recently called on to the lead the Interface effort in the Idaho Workload. During my 2 stints with CDS my contract was renewed 4 times.
- Recently, as part of a team that did several HIGLAS Conversions and implementations also working with JCL but in the Base and Conversion systems not Interfaces.
- Contractor working with Large Multinational Bank as a Business Analyst in a project to upgrade the bank’s 12 year old CACS Collections System to the latest release of that system.
- Participated in/facilitated many meetings with team members on several continents.
- Working closely with the Project Manager, created the project Test Plan describing all needed processes to completely test the new collections system. Lead in maintaining the Project Change Request process that documents requested system changes.
- I served as technical lead on the testing team, worked with several other teams who have created support systems that interface with in our CACS System.
- Wrote and tested 4 COBOL programs to help the technical team successfully meet deadlines. My contract was extended once.
Mainframe COBOL Developer,
- Contractor at a major wireless company where duties included maintenance of the Strata (CGI RISK Management tool) online Risk Management System that rates every application for new wireless service applications all over the country.
- In addition I created many custom COBOL reports (over two dozen) for our users. Wrote several batch programs to parse incoming data and played a major role in a Disaster Recovery Drill.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created test plans, test cases (data), and expected results for each test case (both data and expected results documented in Microsoft Access) plus verified testing accuracy (by checking file and screen content)in all testing environments outside of unit testing
- Produced System Requirements, function point processes, Interface Agreements, maintained system status documentation
- Led team reviews of my deliverables, maintained all review documentation (project status, testing data and results, deliverables and dates achieved)
- Interfaced with all levels of users and team members to achieve the best possible solution for user request
- Created a User Manual for the Receivables Customer Care Department
- Trained all incoming personnel (from off shore agreement) on Receivables System
AT&T, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for production and customer support for AT&T’s residential long distance receivables system (part of a 24 X 7 pager rotation) (system processes over 20 billion dollars in customer payments per year).
- Interfaced with people from all over the country to maintain proper system performance.
- Responsible for coding, unit and (if needed) system testing, help fellow workers set up batch and n-line testing environments in XPEDITER, user, system and program design, and project coordination (Majority of my coding was COBOL with VSAM, IMS, CD, and MQ Series software).
- Completed several system wide Easytrieve scans of the AT&T Customer Database (IMS), plus other Easytrieve reports and file builds.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Lead programmer/analyst on a major data aggregation system which received input from many major corporations around the country.
- Worked closely with operations personnel across the country
- Responsible for system and program design, coding, unit and system testing, and implementation of COBOL batch and COBOL/IMS DBB and BMP programs.
- Coded Supernova 4GL in UNIX (one assignment-about 2000 statements).
- Responsible for a VM/ESA report and CLIST system.
- Led several conversion efforts: VM to VM/ESA, OS/JCL to OS/JCL with SMS, and COBOL to COBOL II
- Presented several instructional sessions to users and operation personnel before major changes in the system were implemented.