- 20+ years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance, Project Management, Build&Release Management, (testing architecture, design, scripting, planning, automation), Consulting and Application development in High Technology, Insurance and Financial Services verticals.
O/S: IBM Mainframe, Windows - XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, UnixVM VMWare
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, COBOL, BASIC, FORTRAN.
Databases: Oracle9i, Oracle 10, 11g DB2, SQL, Progress
Web Services: Apache Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic
Application Software: ClearQuest, RationalRobot, HP-ALM (Test Director/Quality Center, QTPro), OATS, Junit, Selenium, Java Script, CICS, SDF II, JCL, ISPF, REXX, Clearquest, Rational Robot, FileAid, Comparex, IMS/DB, QMF, HARVEST, PVCS Tracker, TeamTrack, SCRIPT, OFFICE XP, NIKU, ABT, RUP, VSS, ISS, Agile, Jprobe, SOAP UI, BugDB, Jenkins, JMeter, ANT, SVN
Sr. Manager QA Engineering Program
- Worked closely with multiple Agile Scrum teams comprising of QA, engineering, product management teams including offshore, to ensure the quality objectives, budget and timelines are achieved. Worked closely with Sr. executives to manage budgets and project estimates.
- Mentored and trained the QA team in designing test plans in addition to maintaining a ‘hands-on’ role in testing and post-release sanity testing cycles.
- Conduct root-cause analysis to identify areas to improve quality processes, design, develop and implement the relevant processes.
- Manage and drive defect tracking and resolution process.
- Managed the build, deploy and release engineering processes using Jenkins, SVN and other tools across all teams.
- Identified areas for improving quality standards, test efficiency & productivity by implementing test automation systems and regression test suites
- Led the Quality Assurance team of 12 engineers in the test execution and in UT Automation using HP Quality Center, Load Runner, QTP, Cucumber & Groovy and OATS tools, and XML based web services testing using SOAPUI.
- Liaison with the offshore development QA teams for the HotFix deployments
- Responsible for product security testing using Appscan (IBM), Fortify (HP) for every release.
- Participate in the go/no-go decision meetings with the key stake holders for each release and ensure quality product delivery to the customer.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Introduced and spearheaded the overall test automation using HP Quality Center, WinRunner/QTP, implementation efforts across all product lines to improve overall efficiency, consistency and reduction of regression test cycle times and deliver a substantial ROI
- Provide executive management and the cross functional stake holders of projects with quality metrics on a periodic basis highlighting the accomplishments w.r.t the process improvements, concerns and the overall status of QA Projects.
- Manage the performance of the entire QA team by implementing the MBO (Manage by Objectives) plan of the management and establishing goals by quarter, measure performance, reward those who met or exceeded targets and identify areas for improvements.
- Manage various test labs, environments with variety of proprietary hardware and also implement and rollout the defect tracking tool PVCS Tracker/TeamTrack.