- Over five years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance Testing with diversified skills in Manual and Automation Testing
- Solid experience in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in Agile - Scrum and Waterfall environment.
- Expertise in analysis of business and functional requirements and background in creating and executing Test Plans , Test Scenarios , Test Cases .
- Hands-on experience performing Functional , Back-End, End-to-End , Integration and Regression of complex electronic trading systems across number of internally developed applications.
- Highly skilled in defect management, analysis and reporting using Quality Center and JIRA .
- Comfortable in various environments and use Linux commands to troubleshoot web application issues in logs and identify the causes for errors.
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries applying business logic filters based on Specifications, perform data quality checks or data validations in the RDBMS.
- Strong experience testing complex systems and understanding different asset classes in Capital Markets including Equity, Fixed Income and Derivatives.
- Experienced in working with FIX, XML messages and using VeriFIX to execute manual/automated regression scripts for electronic trading platform.
- Hands on experience executing and maintaining automation scripts using Python, Implementing BDD, Data Driven Frameworks with Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked closely with Scrum Master and Project Managers to discuss business requirements.
- Ability to effectively to prioritize and multi-task in high pressure, high volume environment.
- Team player, result-oriented, quick learner, easily adopts, excellent communication skills.
Languages and Technology: Python, HTML, VB Script, XML, FIX Protocol
Database: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
Testing Tools: HP QTP/UFT, HP QC/ALM, VeriFix, Selenium WebDriver (Python), SOAP UI, Postman, Jmetrix
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
- Work in multiple projects simultaneously on Agile environment.
- Analyze business requirements and functional documents to create detailed, effective, and efficient test strategy, test plans and test cases to ensure adequateness.
- Execute Functional, Integration, End-to End and Automated Regression tests of electronic trading system for Equity, Fixed Income and Equity options.
- Test application FIX messages like Resend Request, Reject, Pre-Trade, Trade And Post-Trade messages.
- Analyze the FIX log, XML files to interpret format and different tag combinations.
- Maintain updated Expected result (data provider) for Selenium WebDriver Tests, fix the data files or scripts when failed due to environment and data issues.
- Run Automated tests using TestNG files and update the Test Status based on generated results.
- Collaborate with QA engineers to build/pick right scenarios to add to Regression Suites after manual testing.
- Write complex SQL queries for Back-End testing to verify data against source systems.
- Compose descriptive and robust JIRA tickets/tasks and provide root cause analysis when defects/issues are identified.
- Document all updates, change, issues and working processes on Confluence page for future information.
- Assist QA Manager in determining appropriate test environment, create test plans and the release notes, work as a backup in his absence to perform daily tasks.
- Participate in Estimation and Sprint Closing, Retro Respective meeting with Product Manager, Developers, and DBAs to improve the process of deliverables.
- Involved in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile model and worked closely with Business Analyst, Developers and clients, attended walkthrough and requirement review meetings.
- Analyzed Business Requirements (BRD) and Functional Specifications (FSD) to understand the business flow and logic.
- Developed and analyzed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Wrote and executed test plans and test cases for different features of Bond ticker and its modules.
- Utilized HP ALM to write and update test cases, execute and track testing process.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Functional, Backend, E2E and Regression testing for bonds.
- Validated raw market data and insured that it has been enriched and populated properly.
- Run Shell scripts in Linux in order to obtain and generate trading market data for client reports.
- Tested RFQ messages: acknowledgment, execution and cancelation.
- Involved in Automation Testing using QTP, created checkpoints (GUI, Text & Bitmap), and used parameterization extensively using data table.
- Wrote SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the data quality, application reports and filters.
- Worked independently and in a team with Business Analysts, Developers and other project management staff involved in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Participated in UA testing with Business Analyst and Project Managers to produce a new feature of the application.
- Created Test Analysis Report (TAR), delivered issues and suggestive solutions to management team.
- Prepared daily reports from onsite and offshore QA team and reported to Project Manager.
- Effectively worked with various Business and User Requirement documents implementing in Agile environment.
- Developed Test plans, Test cases, Test Reports for the specific BRD using MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) web application.
- Tested all functionalities of the Accounts, Transactions, Payments, to make sure all functionalities working accordingly.
- Executed transactions between accounts to ensure the amounts updated automatically in UI and simultaneously checked database to verify information are stored in database by using SQL Server.
- Verified Credit Card Payment updates within two business days after transaction was confirm, and simultaneously check account balance when transaction completed.
- Updated, Executed and Maintained Test Scripts when Change Request was received.
- Expertise in testing GUI Objects, Smoke/Sanity, Functionality and System testing including Integration, Backend, Regression and End-To-End of Client/Server and web-based software.
- Extensively worked on Backend testing using SQL and validated the script against the database.
- Attended onsite/offshore team member reviews, meetings, and teleconferences.