- Around 15 years of experience in Software Services with strong skill set in application development, maintenance and support.
- Proficiency working in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) & knowledge on Agile methodology.
- Expertise on Electronic trading including FIX connectivity & certification.
- Experience in Data analysis, exploratory data analysis & Data visualizations.
- Expertise in backend programming with SQL, PL/SQL and ETL experiences with Talend.
- Knowledge on Distributed environment - HDFS, Apache Spark, MapReduce programming.
- Knowledge on Machine Learning algorithms - Regression, Classification, Artificial Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing. Implemented data models mostly on artificial and Near-real time datasets as available.
Database: Sybase, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, NoSQL (MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Neo4j)
OS: Windows, Unix, Linux
Cloud Platform: Amazon AWS(EC2), Google Cloud (GCP)
Python Libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, Cx Oracle, pymongo, boto3, SQLAlchemy, Flask Restful, marshmallow
Tools: Jira, Perforce, Autosys, Service-Now, Bloomberg Terminal, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Message Queues, FIX protocol, Wireshark, Git, Weka, RStudio. Tableau, Talend (ETL), Splunk.
Application Support Team Lead
- Managing Offshore /Onsite support staff.
- Ensuring team adheres to SLA on the support tickets.
- Running daily, weekly calls with team members and senior Management.
- Managing various independent projects for the medical management systems which includes DataCenter Migrations, Network & infrastructure changes.
- Recommend systemic fixes and creating automated tools to reduce manual effort.
- Meeting with business stakeholder to identify pain areas.
- Working with product vendor on escalated bugs and application feature gaps.
Environment:, Tools: Oracle12c, Windows 2012 Server, ServiceNow, Python, PowerShell Scripts, SSIS
Electronic Trading SME, Lead
- Supporting Client proprietary Order Management system & working with Traders, Portfolio Managers and Operations group on day-to-day issues ranging from Order generation, broker matching until trade settlement.
- Performing Data analysis on post trade data esp. Venue analysis and transaction reporting.
- Analyzing functional and architecture design of various thirdparty Execution Management Systems and Alternate Trading Systems (Dark pools, Crossing engines) prior to onboarding for trading.
- Facilitating FIX network via leased lines between MSIM and network providers like Autex, Bloomberg & NYX, etc. Diagnosing connectivity issues, gauging & reporting latency issues.
- Liaising with Industry brokers/dealers to facilitate electronic trading channels for Cash, Algo, Program trading for MSIM Traders.
- Testing end to end order & execution flow between OMS to various Execution Management Systems like Bloomberg EMSX, ITG Triton and Alternate Trading systems & Dark pool engines like Posit Alert, Liquidnet, Block Cross, BIDS Traders, AQUA, Luminex, etc.
- FIX link set up & Certification between Brokers & MSIM which includes creating test plans, test scenarios and running test cases. Familiarity with low-latency practices and optimization.
- Creating Business Reports using Crystal Reports & Business Objects for automated Data & Report delivery.
- Writing SQL & PL/SQL scripts e.g. queries & Stored Procedures to facilitate data changes as per business or system need.
- Automating repetitive support tasks and creating adhoc tools using Shell & Python programs.
- Analyzing systems for performance review, identifying bugs and enhancements.
- Participating in Software Change and Release management.
- Established team goals and performance metrics to encourage ownership and accountability for bottom-line results.
- Scheduled and led meetings related to current and upcoming projects and events.
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired contractors and employees to work on current and other projects.
- Developing training materials, Standard Operating Procedures and business flow for reference in internal wiki or share-point sites for new resources.
Environment:, Tools: Sybase 15.x, Linux,ServiceNow,Jira,Python,Shell Script, Autosys, Business Objects, CoreJava,FIX4.x
Application Support Analyst
- Maintaining Infrastructure stability - pre & post change.
- Periodic health checks and monitoring mechanism including alerting tools.
- Documentation of support procedures and business flow for reference.
- Creating business reports/jobs for users.
- Code level investigation of the jobs (Unix Shell scripts, Sybase, Perl scripts), finding the bug affecting business functionality and there by fixing it.
- The code fixing would involve Change Management procedures and hence, a workaround is provided in the form of data fix.
- Data fix involves writing shell/Perl/Sql scripts which would cater the needs of the business.
Environment:, Tools: Sybase 12.x, Db2, Unix Shell scripting, Linux, Message Queues, Perl, Autosys, Service now.
Senior Software Engineer
- Technical administration - Involved in requirement analysis, coding, validation and testing of the change to be implemented in the application as per business need, post change support as required.
- User administration - User provisioning that includes creating new users, groups and domains and providing user access for DEVL, UAT and PROD environment through Remedy
- Setting up UAT and production viewable properties of Web FOCUS reports files, analyzing for performance improvements in procedure or application processing flow.
Environment:, Tools: Oracle 9i, Unix Shell scripting, Linux, Perl, WebFocus.