- Over 6 years of diverse experience of Quality Assurance, and testing with emphasis on Automated/Manual Unit, Front End Testing (Functional Testing and GUI Testing), System Testing, Performance, and Regression Testing of Stand - alone, Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Part of the complete SDLC to develop process workflows, Software Requirements Specifications, Use Cases, test plans, test cases and training materials.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of contingencies when scheduling and maintaining current status of projects and assigned project deadlines.
- Experience in manual testing and in automated testing using QTP.
- Expertise and experience in performing different kinds of testing like, Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Unit, Integration, Smoke, Regression, Usability, Compatibility, Installation, System, Performance, Load, Stress, Exploratory, Maintenance, Database and User Acceptance (UAT) of various applications
- Proficient in performing Smoke, Ad-hoc, Exploratory, Functional, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, Database, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Security, Browser Compatibility, Installation, Participate Volume, Load, Stress and Performance testing.
- Sound experience in Creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Metrics.
- Expertise in formulation of Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Scripts and their execution.
- Possess knowledge and experience in testing Web Services using soapUI. Well versed with SOA architect and WSDL.
- Extensively involved in Backend testing of SQL Queries using Oracle & SQL Server.
- Worked in SDLC Methodologies like Agile Scrum, Waterfall and Spiral.
- Design, Implementation and Documentation of test Cases for White Box, Black Box for manual testing of Java, have conducted manual testing during various stages of development of the applications.
- Experience in Oracle/SQLServer/MS-Access and Backend Testing using SQL Scripts.
- Familiar with both Windows and UNIX Environments. Familiar with both Products based and Project based Environments.
- Managed the Requirements Traceability Matrix through the lifecycle of the project.
- Configured and implemented Defect Tracking process to provide Test Metrics.
- Proficient in using Quality Center and Bugzilla to track defects and enhancements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner
Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, SQL, PL/SQL
Databases: Oracle9i/10g, SQL Server 2005/ 2008, MS Access
Utilities: TOAD, SOAP UI, Araxis, VSS, Bugzilla, MS-Office
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/ Vista/ Win 7, DOS, Unix, Linux
Confidential, St.Louis, MO
- Responsible for defining the test plan, analyzing the test scenarios, preparing test case documents, defining the performance environment requirements.
- Attended review meetings to discuss use cases, business rules, alternate flows, and exception paths.
- Developed detailed test plans/test cases and responsible for executing the test cases, test scripts using Quality Center.
- Performed smoke, GUI, integration, functional, regression, data integrity, system compatibility, installation and user acceptance testing.
- Involved in End to End testing of Confidential .com application manually by validating the complete flow through various components of application
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for automated testing.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called soapUI. Have been using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create test cases, run them.
- Extensively used Quality Center to manage and execute test scripts.
- Used Quality Center for tracking the defects.
- Involved in performing sanity testing of application for post deployment production testing.
- Prepared test status reports during Test Execution Process prepared and delivered final test report.
- Utilized Mercury Quality Center for communication with the production personnel, developers and team numbers.
Environment: Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, soapUI, Agile methodology, XML, Toad, Oracle 10g.
Confidential, St.Louis, MO
- Attended requirements, design meetings, review & analysis of requirements, and design documentation.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners, document analysis and represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Performed manual testing and automated testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Involved in all phases of the testing done like smoke testing of the builds, Functional, Database, User Acceptance, Integration testing and Regression testing once the deployment is done in the production.
- Worked on the Regression Automated Testing and Data driven testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Used soapUI for testing SOAP based Web Services. Performed functional and performance testing of Web Services.
- Used SQL for data integrity testing, captured the SQL statements from the application execution and manually checked the results.
- Expertise in documenting and escalating the issues appropriately.
- Prepared QA sign off documents in close proximity with the Project Manager, Developers and QA team.
- Conducted UAT to ensure that application was user friendly and functioning according to desired requirements.
- Used Quality Center to house all test documentation and report/track all issues and defects.
- Experienced in working and Developing Test Environments for Agile development.
- Participated in weekly status meetings
- Interacted with the developers /users/BA to discuss issues, gaps, defects and to set priorities.
Environment: Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, soapUI, MS Office Suite, XML, SQL, Oracle 9i, MS Office (Word, Excel)..
Confidential, Dallas, Tx
- Involved in the development of system test plan and test scripts using business and system requirement documents and use cases.
- Worked on multiple releases on different environments at the same time.
- Assist entry-level tester(s) on reviewing requirement, preparing and executing test cases, and report software defects.
- Performed ambiguity review and risk analysis of the application.
- Performed black box, functional, integration, stress and regression testing of the website.
- Recorded the test cases using QTP and checked the functionalities of the application for each release.
- Performed data-driven tests by passing different sets of data and checked whether the information entered was updated into the database.
- Tested GUI and functionality of the application under test (AUT) using multiple browsers on multi platforms and interpreted the positive and negative results.
- Tested SOAP WebServices using soapUI.
- Performed data analysis using SQL queries using TOAD.
- Performed Regression, UAT and Database testing. Performed data validation-using SQL.
- Developed User-Acceptance Test cases and assisted users in conducting UAT
- Checked the broken links in the application and conducted cross browser testing.
- Tracked bugs and reported them through Remote defect reporter using Quality Center.
- Developed high quality C# code, using test driven development.
- Created defect reports in Excel file by exporting the data from Quality Center.
- Performed regression testing to make sure all the defects found are fixed.
- Prepared and participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs, documented proceedings.
- Created traceability matrix in Excel and in Quality Center by mapping out test cases with requirements tab.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues and resolve defects.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Rally, Websphere, Java, J2ee, Ajax, Flex, CSS, Struts, Wily, SoapUI, Oracle, Jconsole, Toad, Putty, Windows XP and Sun Solaris.
- Design and execute test plan and test cases, that ensure product meets customer specification for web applications
- Use of Mercury Interactive Test Director test management tool to manage QA process
- Reproduce customer problems and identify cause of failure
- Provide early error detection for software development team before weekly/monthly releases
- Provide accurate bug reports to aid problem-solving solution. Perform system integration testing.
- Experience in Unit Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance, Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Interface Testing, Back End/Database Testing, Load Testing and Performance Testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work actively with different Design Tools to create Use Cases and UML diagrams.
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop Use Case Scenarios, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Test plans, Test cases.
- Work effectively with other members of the project team, including Development, Technical Publication, Program Management and Marketing
- Work closely with developers to quickly resolve problems under tight deadlines
- Discover bugs, create bug reports; validate bug problems and verify bug fixes.
- Documented detailed functional requirements and use cases using Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Use SQL queries to access data from different database tables
- Performed regression & integration testing. Test application’s basic security features like password and session time-out
- Interact with developers, users and business analysts to prioritize, and resolve defects.
Environment: VB 6.0, AS/400, DB2/400, RPG/400, Crystal Reports, VSS and Windows 98 /NT /2K /XP, OS/400, MS Visio, QTP, Test Director
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, Use-Case Analysis and Gap Analysis.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Developed Test Cases and Test Scripts using Test Plan Manager (Test Director).
- Automated the functionality using QTP.
- Conducted System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Database Integrity, User-Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Conducted Data Driven testing to test the application with various sets of data.
- Tracked the defects using Test Director and generated defect summary reports.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary reports.
Environment: Test Director, QTP, Oracle 10g, Oracle, VB, Windows and Ms-Office.