- Having 8 years of experience in Configuration Management, Devops, Build and Release Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, SCM practices along with software Build and Release Management methodologies.
- Experience in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, and IBM Clear case UCM.
- Extensively worked on Hudson and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End - to-End.
- I had a great experience in Devops field along with GCP
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation fusing Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Worked extensively with ANT and Maven build tools for writing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively.
- Created Jenkins Jobs to automate Ant/Maven Application Builds by pulling code from GIT and GitHub repositories.
- Having good experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Provided consistent environment using kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from development through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker Containerization.
- Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to Amazon AWS virtual servers.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instance
- I have a great experience in IAM (Identity access management) like creation of users under different group names with specific permissions (S3, volume, elb, auto scaling etc).
- I have great understanding skills aboutVPC (virtual private control).
- By using S3 I did versioning also in various project.
- Having Very good experience in configuration management tools like CHEF, PUPPET and ANSIBLE
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates and used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWork stacks.
- Experience using Decker to implement a high level API to provide lightweight containers that run processes isolation and worked on creation of customized Docker container images, tagged and pushed the images to the Docker repository.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery Pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub to build a new Docker container automatically using Jenkins whenever a new GitHub branches are created.
- Configured Nexus repository manager for managing the Maven artifacts and Implemented JIRA tool for project tracking and work flow control.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration and used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in a SaaS environment.
- Automate the server installation with Ansible.
- Writing Ansible play books to upgrade and installation of web servers.
- I Used ANT and Maven as build tools on Java/J2EE projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and deployed them on Tomcat/JBoss servers.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of MySQL database, restoration and log generation.
- Experienced in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Migration, Upgrades, Patches, Trouble shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x, Subversion (SVN), Clearcase, GIT, Perforce, TFS.
- Expertise in creating Devops strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Chef Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- I have very good experience in kubernetes for scaling and management of clusters .
- Having knowledge of Red shift to manage large scale data and migrations
Languages: JAVA, HTML and XML, C#.
Database: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, mongo DB.
SDLC & Testing: Agile Methodologies, Junit, Manual Testing, JIRA, service now, confluence
IDE, Dev Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans.
Configuration management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker and vagrant, Gradle, TFS
Cloud computing: Amazon Web services, EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, OpenStack, cloud foundry.
Confidential, Bethpage, NY
Sr DevOps System Engineer/Ansible Developer
- Worked on SDLC Like creation of test cycles and pushing the builds in that cycles.
- As a Lab admin Based on issue summery Assigning Issue’s to the concerned person. And maintaining Pc’s of 4 lab environments i.e QA1,QA2,QA3 And QA4
- Configured the FTTH (Fiber to The Home) Gate way to QA prime home.
- Experience with agile tool like Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow.
- Worked on log files of different servers to identify the Defect.
- As a lab admin attending defect review calls everyday
- Managing users like creating, deleting and granting proper privileges and managing system security.
- Installation, configuration, patching, administration, troubleshooting, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5/6/7, CentOS, Fedora, Solaris 8/9/10.
- Performance tuning of the operating system for better application performance and network performance.
- Developed Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Worked with Development and QA teams to continuously integrate software development using GIT, Maven, Jenkins.
- Creation of VMs for Red hat Linux on VMWare ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Monitored System Performance of Virtual memory, Managed Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.Troubleshooting and resolving of problems related to hardware, operating systems, third party applications and scripts.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Nexus and Git.
- Working on Jenkins Tool to Deploy the builds to Environment By Selecting build parameters
- I used to roll back and back fill the builds Depends on project requirements.
- Worked on shell scripting and YAML playbooks for automation of deployment scripts.
- Automation of deployments and monitoring the deployments.
- Created shell scripts to automate the server bounce activities for Apache Tomcat application server.
- Created confluence page for JBOSS Web server Restart.
- Created docker containers for micro services and managing Docker images.
- Worked with docker compose to build multiple containers.
Confidential, Virginia, VA
Sr.AWS DevOps Engineer& Ansible Automation Engineer
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS configuration management) using puppet.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Written cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Set-up Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Configured S3 to host static web content and deployed cloud stack using AWS Opswork.
- Configured the load Balancers and VPC with private subnets and had a good knowledge on troubleshooting for the connectivity issues.
- Understanding the client environment, Administrating and creating solutions using CI/CD,GIT,DOCKER
- Having Goodexperience in and Build & Release Management, Software Configuration activities and Deployment activities for software applications.
- I have very good experience and knowledge about configuration management Tools like CHEF, PUPPET andANSIBLE
- Written custom resources and used Chef Handlers for various auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Wrote Python/Shell Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services &Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bit Bucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in Bit Bucket.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic Power Shell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Created the files and structure needed to run Docker images through our private Rancher Catalog.
- Implementing new build framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Chef Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Worked on GIT Distributed Version Control System.
- Configuring Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents
- Manage deployment automation using Chef and Custom Chef Modules.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Integration of ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Configured the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower so that other users can run them with just a push of a button.
- Demonstrated on Ansible along with Ansible Tower can be used to automate different software
- Implemented the Master slave architecture to improve the performance of Jenkins.
- Troubleshoot the issues raised in Jenkins while using for continuous integration and deployment
- Conducting analysis on ANT build projects for conversion and converting to MAVEN build projects.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Worked on Ansible to automate the process & Deployment.
- Worked on Ansible Tower to monitor different kinds of project’s & Hosts for Different Business unit in our company.
- Depends on Application requirement Sometimes I used to work on Java based application like Spring boot Application And I used to implement the process by using java program
- Worked on Lambda to run code without provisioning or servers.
- Build the servers less application by using Lambda.
Environment: AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Git, Web Sphere, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, Agile/Scrum, Chef, SDLC, Docker, Windows, Linux.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. AWS Cloud Engineer
- Provisioned AWS S3 buckets for backup of the application and sync this contents with remaining S3 backups, by creating entry for AWS S3 SYNC in crontab.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Used AWS S3 services for creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Utilized AWS CloudWatch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Written Chef Recipes in Ruby to automate infrastructure administration (infrastructure as code) and deployment automation. Created cookbooks to install and configure required packages to setup the environments
- Design and setup of CI tools like Jenkins. Integrating SCM tools like Subversion, Git with CI tools to automate the build process.
- Working with Build Verification team to make sure builds are delivered within deadlines.
- Using application lifecycle management across the company to implement and manage CI/CD pipeline processes and automation including building, auto scaling, cloud formation and systems operation monitoring.
- Develop and support cloud infrastructure and application lifecycle framework for CI/CD.
- Created Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes and Chef Attributes.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant.
- Installed and configured Nexus to publish artifacts for better versioning.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties, ETL workflows, DB scripts, EAI interfaces and Business objects into QA,SIT,UAT and PROD environments..
- Responsible for creating branches, tagging and merging in Subversion and GIT.
- Automated the process of extending the dependency labels.
- Handled Performance Monitoring in File system CPU, Memory and Process in all the UNIX Servers. Written shell scripts to take backup oracle database.
- Problems & performance issues; installed latest patches for Sun, Linux and Application servers, Performed Solaris and Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- I worked on infrastructure as a code service like Terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Because of this approach we can enables operators to increase their productivity, move quicker, and reduce human error.
Environment: AWS, Amazon EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, AMI, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Subversion, Git, ANT, Nexus, Jira, Tomcat, CentOS, Oracle, Vagrant.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Developed and supported the software Release Management and procedures.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Implemented & Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Taken off Chef to all servers, and utilized the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups.
- Created procedures to unify, streamline and automate application improvement and deployment techniques with LINUX container technology utilizing Docker.
- Supported Linux /Solaris servers in production / stage / development environment.
- Implemented Puppet for software deployments like managing and configuring Puppet master server, updating and creating modules and pushing them to the puppet clients.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life.
- Configuring a local Docker hub for storing Docker images internally and using the Docker registry.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Servers.
- Used Ant and Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Worked with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions.
- DNS and load balancing experience on Route53.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery Framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven& Nexus in Linux Environment.
- Configuring the Docker Containers and Creating Docker files for different Environment.
- Migrated different projects from TFS to GIT and SVN to GIT.
- Lead and assisted with the scoping, sequencing, planning, and creating GIT environments.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux Container technology using Docker.
- Involved in Implementing Workflows, components, screens and Notification schemes in Jira projects setup.
- Deployed the java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Experience in writing Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Provided assistance for management of AWS storage infrastructure systems.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise servers.
- Build Artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using shell scripts.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Prepared Junit test cases and executed server configurations.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Puppet, Nexus, AWS, EC2, Jira, Python, Docker.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Build & Release Engineer
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Designing a process for pro-automation using Jenkins in all the application environments, and making sure it follows all the standard procedures of the Application SECDM or SDLC.
- Analyzing the tools and application architecture and implement it on different environments, making it more user-friendly for the application team.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant, berkshelf and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Communicating with the Application team and making them understand about the automation tool and its features.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Web sphere, creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python.
- Performed dispatcher role to distribute tasks assigned to the onshore team.
- Drove releases, automated release process.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Java.
- Automated deployments across all environments using Udeploy and Jenkins.
- Setting up the automation environment for Application team if necessary, and help them through the process of build and release automation.
- Supporting the Application team in making them analyze about the automation implementation and other related issues (if any). Coordinating with QA/DEV/Project/Delivery/Production support/Managers and Performance teams to look into concerns, issues and addressing those aspects to meet the delivery dates.
- Involved in several discussions on streamlining end-to-end test environment across the organization.
- Proposed and implemented several release processes to achieve consistent results and stabilities across environments.
- Monitoring applications health through dashboard. Maintained Nexus administration tasks.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Ant, MAVEN, Clear Quest, Linux, Perl Scripting, Python, Jenkins, Agile, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Nexus, Windows, UNIX, WebLogic, JIRA.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVN synchronizes servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Installed and configured build manager and agents to queue builds in TFS.
- Promoting the changes from trunk revisions to release branch.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Create TFS Database Backup Schedules and create TFS Disaster Recovery Plan
- Identifying Area paths and Iterations for different projects for different sprints, to make use in work items.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Created the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON
- Migrating SVN, IBM and Unisys legacy data from PVCS to TFS.
- Installed and configured Hudson/Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Installed different TFS plugins like TFS Power tools, Sidekicks, Community Build Manager etc.
- Integrated Subversion into Hudson/Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Have the responsibility as a UAT support for the project till the project goes into the production.
- Environment: Jenkins, Agile, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Nexus, Windows, UNIX, Web Logic,
- Researched, endorsed, and implemented network enhancements improving system reliability and performance.
- Delivered hands on support, troubleshooting, and customization for Cisco routing and switching, Citrix, and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Maintained/configured virtual servers using VMware ESX 4.1, HyperV and Vsphere.
- Conducted proactive virus monitoring with Fire-Eye security platform.
- Initiated major application integration and upgrades for a variety of proprietary software.
- Worked on installation, configuration, upgrade and administration of IBM pSeries and Power5/Powerer6 servers on various levels of AIX operating system utilizing environment.
- Managing, Creating working on Remedy Change management ticket.
- Configuring and Installing the Lpar client through the BladeLogic through post provisioning job.
- Set up and configure virtual recourses (virtual SCSI, virtual Ethernet, and virtual FC).
- Coordinating with application teams to schedule AIX 6.1 maintenance on QA/DEV.
- Requesting for new lun with tier 1 Replication to the storage team and enabling the path to login to the fabric.
- Prerequisites, creating procedures and configuration for BladeLogic documentation
- Experience in LVM, which includes creating VG, LV and file system.
- Enabling x11 forwarding on etc./ssh/sshd config.
- Managing and securing user account, files, directory using associated commands.
- Firewall, port and package management
- Configuring and maintaining Apache web server.
- Performed Job scheduling using crontab utility.
- Performed disk management by checking for any RAID issues with running df, du and fsck commands.
- Monitored System performance using Nagios.
- Set up and maintained DNS servers.
- Wrote bash scripts to automate daily tasks for Linux processes.
- Performed standard system administration task such as patching, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Developed long-term Linux/Unix strategies for the enterprise environment to stay current with technology and provide the required functionality to the organization.
- Created users with root's privileges and also users with limited root's privileges called sudo users.
- Disabling Telnet and enabling SSH and manually set up ssh authorized keys.
- Performed day-to-day Linux/Unix administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares and permissions etc.
- Set up NFS and Samba file sharing setup on Linux and Windows servers.
- Performed server load control and monitored server performance using top, free, uptime, ps, vmstat and iostat utilities.
- Performed timely backup using tar or rsync utilities.
Environment: Red hat Linux-3.x/4.x to RHEL5.x. LAMP servers, VMware Server. al Details: Btech in Computer Science ( )