- Seeking a permanent or consulting position with a promising, prestigious organization the value of diverse technical acumen and professional skills.
- 6+ years of professional experience in the field of Manual Tester/QA analyst/Automation Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge in working with Agile methodology, Scrum sessions, Sprints as a part of the team with shared aim and shared responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC, QA Testing Process and Involvement in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively experienced in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in developing business based functional test scenarios.
- Experienced in using testing tools like HP Quality Center, and HP QuickTest Professional (QTP).
- Experienced in implementing HP Quality Center for creating, maintain and running Test Cases sets and analyze test results.
- Experienced in Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting using HP Quality Center.
- Backend testing experience in writing and executing SQL Queries using SQL Developer
- Experienced in designing the Automation Regression Suits to reduce the release cycle time using QTP.
- Experienced in Performing Functional and Integration Testing using QTP.
- Expert in writing VB Script code in QuickTest Pro environment.
- Experienced in developing Function Libraries, Object repositories and Descriptive programming in QTP.
- Expertise in Automation using Data - Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid frameworks in QTP.
- Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, deadline driven environments.
- Excellent Team Member, Mentor with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, QTP, SQL Developer, TOAD
Languages: SQL, VB Script, XML, Shell Scripting
Database: Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL server, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows and UNIX/LINUX
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Created Test scripts for testing the functional behaviors of insurance claims in queues for various claims status, their processing, and evaluation.
- Designed and developed Tests Scripts for Testing of all the modules.
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Ad-hoc, Functional, Integration, Regression, Back End, and System Testing.
- Prepared a Traceability Matrix using Quality Center to test cases to the requirements and defects.
- Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed, Compared and Stored defected in Quality Center.
- Involved in performing Back-End testing by writing SQL queries to extract the data from SQL and Oracle databases.
- Performed extensive GUI Testing using QuickTest Professional (QTP).
- Performed high-level Functional and Integration Testing using QTP.
- Performed Browser Compatibility Testing using QTP.
- Developed Test Scripts for Data Driven Testing using QTP.
- Performed extensive Regression testing for subsequent versions of the application using QTP.
- Developed and maintained a Data-Driven, Hybrid Framework using VBScript in QTP for automating the System testing.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed End-to-End testing on the release version of the software application and detected GUI bugs.
- Provided the management with test metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walk-through meetings.
Environment: HP Quality Canter, HP QuickTest Pro., UNIX, VB, SQL, DB2, SQL Developer .
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Analyzed Business, Functional Requirements, and Design Review Documents to developed Test Plan and wrote Test Cases.
- Worked in shared environment to test different application.
- Verified that new or upgraded applications meet specified requirements.
- Worked closely with software developers and took an active role in ensuring that the software components meet the highest quality standards.
- Performed in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application.
- Prepared Automation Test Plans and Test Data Sheets for Web Testing.
- Implemented and maintained an effective automated test environment and the QA Lab.
- Implemented HP Quality Center for running Test sets in batch mode and analyze test results.
- Developed and maintained Manual and QTP Automation Tests through Quality Center.
- Created Driver Scripts in Quality Center to run the Sanity; Used Scheduler to schedule tests run at particular time.
- Supported the use of Quality Center for automation metrics tracking and test execution.
- Ensured that quality issues are appropriately identified, analyzed, documented, tracked and resolved in Quality Center.
- Responsible for writing Start-up scripts and Compiled Module Functions for front and backend validation.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries for validating test results.
- Built Script with Data Driven Methodology which applies the Business rules to validate the components displayed on the website using QTP.
- Developed and maintained Function Libraries, Object repositories and Descriptive programming techniques in automation testing.
- Provided regular project status reports to senior management to ensure on-time project launch.
- Worked with developers and project managers to prioritize and resolve issues during testing phase.
Environment: Quality Canter, QTP, Oracle, MS-Office, SQL Server, SOAP UI, Windows & Linux.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Participated in planning all testing activities accordingly to ensure on time deliverables are met.
- Reviewed Test conditions and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing.
- Participated in Test Readiness Reviews, as necessary; assisted in the preparation of test estimates and project schedules.
- Used TestDirector to create Test outlines and maintained Test scripts and created, modified and debugged the Scripts.
- Performed Data integrity testing by executing SQL statements and validated the tables in the database.
- Performed Functional testing to make sure that application works according to functional specification using QTP.
- Worked with Standard checkpoints, Page checkpoints, Table checkpoints in QTP while doing the functional test on the web application.
- Involved in Customization of automatically generated QTP scripts to the specifications required by the end users.
- Conducted Regression testing to re-validate all the functionality and provided sign-off test cases to implement the application in Production.
- Wrote, maintained and updated Test Documentations for various stages of testing for reference and auditing purposes.
- Involved in User acceptance testing for the entire application.
- Worked on testing status, reporting to the higher management and retesting the fixes.
Environment: ASP.NET, VB, TestDirector, QTP, Oracle, UNIX, TOAD, Windows, MS-Office.