- I am a test engineer with experience in a variety of technologies and tools, and am good at identifying and reproducing problems.
- I have worked primarily in roles supporting product development, but have also held operations, sustaining, and hardware design roles.
- I am a direct, respectful, and concise communicator and prefer to keep tests simple and low in cost, but can also find ways to instrument complex problems.
- I have used Python, LabVIEW, Bash, and Tera Term Language as well as other custom scripting languages, and I have worked within Windows and Linux environments; and also with a pencil and paper.
- Most of my roles have been within the wireless industry and have involved both manual and automated testing, ranging from informal ad hoc tests to formal functional and regression tests.
- I have participated in more than a dozen product development, product sustaining, new product introduction, and factory relocation projects using agile, waterfall, and core team processes.
- I have thrived in small, local companies and large, global corporations and have studied and worked internationally.
- My employers consistently recognize my efforts and my quality of work. Excellent communication, analytical, and problem - solving skills make me a key team contributor.
Confidential, Boulder, CO
Staff System Test Engineer
- Lead system test engineer for multiple Ethernet radio platforms and networks.
- Responsible for designing and executing test plans and test cases for functional, performance, stress, and use case testing of software release candidates, as well as supervising junior test engineers and interns.
- Wrote Python scripts for test case and ad hoc automation, and Python interface wrappers/drivers to harness the devices under test.
- Developed test setups and scripts that were used for environmental certification testing of new hardware platforms.
- Tests cover product features such as VLANs, SNMP, SNMP Traps, Syslog, RADIUS, COM port terminal servers passing unicast and multicast messages, data encryption, discovery server, web interfaces, REST interfaces, and command line interfaces; and physical interfaces such as USB, RS-232, RS-422, UART, Ethernet, and RF.
- Includes coverage of point to point, point to multipoint, and MESH (B.A.T.M.A.N) radio networks, including the use of radio repeaters; frequency bands of 900 Confidential, 2.4 GHz, and 5 GHz; proprietary radio protocols as well as 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi; MIMO and SISO antennas. Radio repeater routing, radio repeater failover testing, and long distances were other aspects that needed testing.
- Use of tools such as Python 3, iPerf 2, Spirent TestCenter, PRTG Network Monitor, Tera Term Language, SilverCreek, DOS batch files, and virtual machines. Python libraries: selenium (WebDriver), pyserial, and requests. Miscellaneous other tools include: Git, QAComplete, SpiraTeam, Jira, Splunk.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
- Test engineer working on development of next generation Iridium satellite communications product used on aircraft.
- Transceiver had avionics-level discrete IO, RS-232, AR INC 429, 10/100 Ethernet, 4 wire headset audio, POTS FXS, 802.11a/b/g/n RF, and Iridium RF interfaces.
- LabVIEW test sequence developer for design verification and transition to production purposes.
- Designer of test interface boards for board testing, assisted with design of product prototype debug boards.
- Automated loading code onto units and debug tests of discrete and serial interfaces with BASH scripts.
- Tested new builds with acceptance test plan procedures.
- Various other responsibilities included review of schematics and PCB layouts using Altium EDA software, bring-up and troubleshooting of prototypes, reworked PCA's, procured lab supplies and equipment, supported software development and software test teams, and supported DO-160 and DO-178 certification team.
Confidential, Boulder, CO / Westminster, CO
- Test system and RF test script designer for next generation Wi-Fi development handset. RF test script developer for latest 900 Confidential handset.
- Both products tested at the board stage over coax and at the product stage over the air. Tests used in development by engineering for repetitive testing and statistical analyses during design verification, for transition to production preparation during pilot builds, and also for code and component troubleshooting or qualifying purposes during all lifecycle phases.
- Similar tests also used in manufacturing and repair departments.
- In charge of maintaining test fixtures, test equipment racks, and RF calibrations; and administering the automated process control and test systems (Visual Basic 6 and .NET executives / SQL databases) used to test products manufactured in high volumes at both in-house and contracted SMT production facilities in Boulder, Mexico, and Thailand.
- Covered five main product families, dozens of product types, and hundreds of individual board revisions and subassemblies at various lifecycle phases.
- Tasked with ensuring yields and quality of products remained high and troubleshooting either the test systems or the products when problems occurred. At times involved travel to sites.
- Main engineering contact for manufacturing and RMA engineers and technicians needing assistance with product troubleshooting. In charge of analyzing production test data for engineering and customer service escalations.
- Assisted with qualifying PCB vendors and end-of-life replacement components; tracking new revision performance changes.
Confidential, Denver, CO
RF Design Engineer
- Circuit designer of microwave and radio frequency voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs) and phase-locked loops (PLLs) manufactured in high volumes for such customers as Nokia, Motorola, Siemens, and Raytheon.
- Designed over 40 VCOs ranging in center frequency from 45 Confidential to 3 GHz, and bandwidths from 3 to 250 Confidential .
- Designed a wideband PLL with an amplifier integrated into the PLL control loop, along with several other PLLs.
- Performed product development, testing, and documentation of prototypes in the lab. Also provided technical support to manufacturing department to resolve yield issues during pilot and production phases.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
IDE Hard Drive Test Intern
- Responsible for all IDE hard drive test submissions to Microsoft for PC98 Certification status, where submissions needed to be finished on time or the department suffered direct revenue losses.
- Re-coded hard drive controller test scripts from an older language into a newer one.