- Over 10+ years of IT experience in Software Configuration Management and Build/Release Engineering along with standalone and web based applications development.
- Good understanding with core Java concepts, J2ee application component deployment and JNDI configuration at application level.
- Introduced cloud based(AWS, SkyTap) infrastructure and containerization.
- Azure API Management, Security, Cloud - to-Cloud Integration (Public, Private)
- Indepth knowledge on Configuration management, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering throughout my career.
- Implemented Kubernetes as a platform for containerization in AWS EC2 and Docker.
- Implemented security features Checkmarx, Sonarcube for security static code analysis.
- Enabled broeser security plugin WhiteSource.
- Experience in handling Ant and Maven Build Tools to build the artifact.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools Cruise Control, Hudson and Bamboo, Nolia Lisa, Jenkins.
- Implemented CICD pipeline using DevOps and SecDevOps in the agile based environments.
- Excellent knowledge in SCM process redesign, build and release management, project management and integration of technologies
- Played key role is automation of build and deployments using Jython, Python and Shell scripts.
- Strong Working Experience in Windows, UNIX, Solaris environments including Perl and shell scripts and Powershell.
- Worked on Agile Process for development lifecycle process and used Rally and JIRA for task assignment and tracking.
- Extensively worked on bug tracking tools like Jira, Assembla, ServiceNow and Clarity.
- Used SNOW primarily for order management of software and hardware respectively.
- Producing detailed Release plans, control Release Scope and monitoring milestones.
- Experienced all facets of full CM process with tools such as Clearcase, SVN, PVCS, VSS, Cruise Control, ANT, MAVEN, NANT, StarTeam, Assembla and Bamboo.
- Implemented Urban code UDeploy for WebSphere deployments. y for automated deployments.
- Worked with Wily Introscope monitoring application tool to detect and respond to performance issues.
- Good exposure on testing and debugging applications.
Languages: Java, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, .net
OS Platform: Solaris 8/10, RedHat Linux, Novell Linux, use 10, AIX, Windows 2000/XP/2003, Unix, Linux
Database: Oracle 10/11, Sql server, DB2
CM Tools: Rational Clear Case 6.0 and 7.0.1, SVN (SubVersion), CVS, VSS, GIT, Bit bucket, Assembla, JFrog Artifactory and TFS
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Nant
Cloud based:: AWS, Sky tap, Pivotal, Docker and Kubernetes.
Middle Ware: BEA Weblogic 8.1 / 9.2 WebSphere Application Server, IIS, and MQ Series.
Tracking Tools: Rational Clear Quest 7.0.1, Remedy, Bugzilla, JIRA, Service now and Assembla
CI/CD Tools: Cruise Control 2.8.1, Hudson, Anthill pro, TFS, Bamboo, Jenkins and IBM UDeploy
Scripting: Perl, WLST, PHP, Groovy, Python, PowerShell, WL Shell, Shell Script, SQL and Java Script
Technologies: JMS, EJB, HTML, JDBC, ODBC, MI, XML and XSL
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked on the migration process from Waterfall to Agile.
- Scrum management process and implementation.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance during clients engagement execution
- Provide Cloud / Azure thought leadership through regular publications and speaking engagements
- Provide Azure technical expertise including strategic design and architectural mentorship, assessments, POCs, etc., in support of the overall sales lifecycle or consulting engagement process
- CICD pipeline process integrating Github with Jenkins jobs.
- Induced Sonarcube and Fortify as code quality while compiling the artifacts.
- Practiced the discipline aspects of the SRE to the infrastructure and operations for the problem solving.
- Generating well defined and documented standard processes for the enterprise
- Engineering solutions in the long term to make everyone’s life easier
- The applicationavailability, latency, performance, efficiency and capacity management were followed as part of SRE. With Azure monitor.
- Responsible for creating jobs in Jenkins and managing the configuration changes.
- Managing Nexus repository for the artifact version control.
- Implemented Octane as status tracking Agile tool .
- Implemented ServiceNow for managing work flow.
- Python, Groovy and Bash scripting played a vital role in automation and integrating the tools.
- Integrated Octane with Remedy for ticket tracking system.
- Administered Jira for some projects in raising tickets as per the request from the different teams.
- Worked with the Agile team in monitoring the status of the tickets in octane (assigned to, pending, in progress and completed.) and following up with respective teams on regular basis.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Dev Ops Engineer
- Worked on the source code migration project.
- Created Groovyscripts for migrating legacy code to the new repository.
- Migration of cvs source with Ant scripts and svn source code with MVN scripts.
- Integrating Jfrog Artifactory with Bamboo.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- As part of SRE concentrated on application crash issue and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the Development Priority List process working with Product Management group to address issue identified as part of Problem Management
- Provide engineering design across different workloads including incident & problem management, change management, security and compliance as SRE principle.
- Provide solutions for performance management, disaster recovery, monitoring and access management
- Work/support business users to understand issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the team for the development of enhancements/fixes and SRE precautions.
- Moderate and contribute to the support forums (specific to Azure Networking, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Active Directory, Azure Storage ) for Microsoft Developers Network including Partners and MVPs.
- Power Shell was used for Windows based application deployments.
- Performed Udeploy jobs for deployment on to lower environments.
- Migrated Web sphere applications using IBM Udeploy.
- Integrated Udeply as the CICD tool to migrate WebSphere Liberty to AWS.
- Worked on Atlasian products.
- Documented code migration with complete version history using Confluence.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Informatica code Migration Engineer
- Worked closely with the Informatica team to help them with code migration to the lower environments on daily basis.
- Scheduling jobs in ActiveBatch for respective applications.
- Involved in the trouble shooting process of job failures capturing logs from Power Center Monitor and contact the respective team.
- Worked on UNIX automation for file migrations on to QA environment.
- Used service now extensively for ticketing management.
- Managed source code repository Bit bucket.
- Worked on Rational Team Concert to collaborate with ALM process.
- Used Confluence as the primary documentation source.
- Created work flow diagrams for SQL migration, deployments of Param files and scripts.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Configuration and Release Manager
- Extensively involved as a Lead in the Build and Release process of all the applications.
- Implemented Jira as the ticket management tool across the board.
- Integrated Artifactory with different environments and choose the tool stack accordingly.
- Constantly monitored the ticketing tool for the requests and performed activities accordingly.
- Dedicatedly used Visual studio, MSbuild and TFS for .Net applications.
- Binary source code repository (Jrog Artifactory) was integrated with the deployment process.
- Automated Configuration Management, deployment and orchestration for multi-tier application using Ansible.
- Integrated SNOW with Ansible for the request tracking management.
- Used XL Release in the CD pipeline as release management tool.
- Implemented Azure with IaaS, PaaS solutions.
- Splunk was the log management tool integrated with CI tool.
- SonarQube and Fortify was integrated while code compilation.
- Enabled XL Release for orchestration of release man agent and monitoring
- Integrated XL Deploy with XL Release to deploy applications as part of Release Management.
- Used Docker in designing to make it easier to create, deploy and run applications using images onto containers.
- Managed EOD(end of the day) reports from Onshore and very closely coordinating with the Offshore team and respectively the same from the off shore team..
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Auto and manual migrations of build binaries to both lower and above level environments.
- Finding more efficient means to modify build processes and file migrations which is geared towards enhancing productivity and reducing down time to barest minimum.
- Monitored IBM Lotus Notes to manage the build and deployment schedule.
- Monitoring all Jenkins jobs during code compilation and associated deployments to determine the cause of errors if any.
- Written Chef recipes for Configuration Management.
- Kubernetes OpenShift security platform was used for develop and deploy for one or more hosts.
- Used Git as the source code repository.
- Strictly followed the permission level access for the source code repository.
- Scripts to clone a single branch on a given git repository
- Managed status reports for all the builds and depoyments for all the environments and applications.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Build and Release Engineer
- Working on multiple projects for multiple properties under MGM group as a Lead.
- Introduced Puppet/Chef as pilot project for SKYTAP and AWS Environment.
- Implemented Nolio Lisa for PROD deployments by creating new templates as the environment requirements.
- Extensively worked on Cloud based environments like AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Sky tap.
- Used Amazon Redshift for large scale data Warehouse.
- MS Dynamics is used to automate, and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service, and technical support.
- Integrated Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) that can be used for services such as analytics, virtual computing, storage, networking with AWS
- Access management IAM and MFA played an important role in AWS.
- Generated encrypted keys with AWS HSM.
- Created build jobs in Teamcity using Groovy.
- Used KMS for creating master keys (CMKs).
- TFS (Visual Studio) was the source code repository for .NET and C#
- Generated and published the artifacts on to a FTP server for .NET
- Handled multiple deployments on to the lower environments as per the agile way of development.
- Maintained multiple lower environments (Dev1, Dev2, QA1, QA2, and UAT1&2).
- Worked closely with TIBCO team helping them deploy the. Ear files as per the deployment requirements in parallel with the regular code changes.
- Implemented Sonar Cube in the automated builds and captured the results for each build and shared that to respective teams.
- Complete control over configuration changes as per the change management request and approvals.
- Managed Media Wiki for all the deploy instructions and Version control documentation and Release documentation for future reference.
- Migrated the CI jobs from Teamcity to Jenkins and automated the deployments on to lower environments.
- Primary source code repository as SVN, legacy applications existed in TFS.
- Regulated the permission levels for the teams as per the request for the source repository.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked with the onshore Confidential team in organized deployment process during Minneapolis times.
- Created defect reports from MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) to support the role.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Used MS Dynamics as a CRM system management tool to gather, update customer information
- Used Pivotal Cloud Foundry as PaaS service for building and deployments.
- Ability to collaborate successfully across multiple functions and roles
- Strong proficiency in MS Project/MS Office suite/MS Visio/SharePoint portal.
- Used Jira and CHO-CHO (similar to Jira) for tracking purposes.
- Trained on Open Stack architectural services and deploying on cloud system.