- Experienced QA Tester and Technical Writer for IT industries.
- I am avid learner with great depth of understanding in Manual and Automation Testing and Technical Writing. I would prove to be a good asset due to my experience, technical and soft skills.
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance, Manual/Automation Testing.
- Experience in writing, developing and executing test cases.
- Experience in writing, formatting, re - writing, and editing technical documents, including user manuals, installation manuals, release notes, online help, and web content.
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance testing methodology relative Software Development lifecycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Document Life Cycle including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Experienced in working with Business Analysts, Development team in developing applications.
- Experienced in developing Test estimates, Test Approach, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Traceability Matrix from Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from scratch like Linear Framework, Modular Framework, Hybrid framework and Data Driven framework for a number of projects.
- Proficient in preparing Test data, Executing Test cases, Reviewing, Tracking Defects, Reporting Defects, Weekly Test Reports & Defect Metrics.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture, which include SOAP Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing.
- Skilled with various testing phases including functional testing, Black box testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, System testing, Compatibility Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Proficient in software testing life cycle, including test preparation, strategy, test plan development, test case creation, test execution, and bug tracking.
- Documented bugs encountered during the testing process by entering them into bug tracking and change control tools like Quality Center.
- Excel at working with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear, concise, professional, and user friendly.
- Good team player with active participation in meetings with the testing and development teams and clients.
- Extensively experienced in maintaining test scripts with UFT.
- Strong abilities to work in pressure-environments, effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good experience in integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tools (CI/CD) using Jenkins
- Completed writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Created drawings, sketches, and VISIO diagrams to illustrate material and increase end user's understanding of material.
- Adept with content management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving, interpersonal, communication skills, self-starter, quick learner and able to adopt new technologies as needed in rapidly changing IT Environments.
- Superior communication skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/8/10
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server
Writing Tools: MS Word, Adobe Framemaker, Adobe Pagemaker, Arbortext Epic Editor, JustSystems Xmetal
Manual Testing Tool: Quality Centre
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Centre/ALM,, JIRA
Testing Tools: Quality Centre/ALM, QTP/UFT, Selenium, SOAPUI
Framework: Data Driven, POM, TestNG, Maven
Language: Java, HTML, XML, SQL
Automation Tool (Learning): Selenium, QTP
Graphics Tools: Paint Brush, Visio, SnagIT, Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
Online Help Tools: RoboHelp and HTML Help
Animation: Flash (Basics) and Dreamweaver
Single Sourcing Tools: Author IT
Others: Working Knowledge of VSS, CMSMS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint, ECLIPSE, JIRA, SharePoint
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyzed System Requirements, Business Requirements and generated Traceability Matrix, Test Plans and Test Scripts accordingly.
- Attended the Business Requirements Walk through and reviewed the BR's Document to verify each and every statement in the document is testable.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with the developers in release of bug fixes meeting.
- Involved in doing System testing of the entire applications along with team members.
- Interacted with developers to report software bugs and re-tested the fixed issues.
- Involved in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle from requirements gathering to post-production.
- Extensively performed compatibility, connectivity checks and smoke tests for web based applications.
- Execute and Maintain automated regression test cases in UFT.
- Performed Functional and GUI testing manually.
- Responsible for Analysis and Defect Tracking using JIRA.
- Worked extensively with HP ALM for creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Design, Test Inputs, Test Logs, and Test Summary Reports.
- Reported the bugs, e-mail notifications to the developers using the HP ALM.
- Used ALM for defect tracking in different environments.
- Tested request and response web services using SOAP UI
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver) in Continuous Integration tools ( Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Upgraded of Manual test scripts into HP ALM for automation using UFT.
- Created Scenario based scripts and screen based Script using UFT.
- Involved in Regression and System testing of the application using UFT.
- Reviewed the UFT Scripts developed by the team members.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven
- Performed Functional Testing of the Web services using Soap UI.
- Involved in forecasting the Test numbers to ensure the test report metrics was accurate.
- Tracked the progress of system testing and provided daily status to Test Manager.
- Involved in meetings and discussions for setting targets and goals to be achieved in the QA process.
- Attended regular project meetings and weekly team meeting to discuss the project Milestones.
Environment: XML, HP ALM, UFT, VBScript, Java, MS SQL Server, Maven, Jenkins, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio, Web Services, HTML, SOAP UI, JIRA, Windows.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from the functional requirement document and scheduled the test case execution.
- Wrote manual Test Cases using Quality Center according to functional documents and requirements.
- Involved in Regression testing to ensure functionalities still exists and the system performs as per the current requirement without any problems due to any new code being deployed into the applications while resolving defects or any code changes that occurred as per change requests.
- Manually tested the application and execute test cases in the Quality center.
- Interacting with development and testing team to improve overall quality of the application.
- Writing SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information, editing data, and inserting data.
- Transformed existing documentation in word manuals to XML using XMETAL for Confidential MACHINING.
- Updated documents after each product release for Confidential PROCESS ENGINEER.
- Developed new user documentation in XMETAL for various Confidential products.
- Responsible for updating existing documentation in XML for various Confidential products.
Environment: Quality Centre, SOAP UI, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows.
S enior Software Engineer
- Involved in reviewing and discussing Test Plan with other team associates.
- Analyzed requirements, detailed design, and formulated test plan for the functional testing of the application.
- Developed Manual Test Cases to test the functionality and behavior of the application using HP Quality center
- Developed Test Cases for functional testing.
- Involved in writing Test Plan Using QC.
- Performed System Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing), and Regression Testing.
- Bugs were reported to Developers using QC-ALM and after rectification from Developers regression testing was performed.
- User defined functions were written according to the functionality of the application.
- Actively participate in the team meeting with the Developers, Business Analyst and Support team to understand the test requirements effectively.
- Participate in Review meetings, Walkthrough and Defect meetings. Attended daily status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status
- Developed project documents in Arbortext, xml editor.
Environment: Quality Center, Manual Testing, SQL.