- 5 years of Industry experience as a Software Test Engineer and Data Analyst of Web based, Client/Server applications
- Experience with Functionality Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing of various applications
- Experience in using defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center (QC), HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), JIRA, Bugzilla, Test Director for logging the defects, generating and analyzing daily & weekly status reports
- Experience in preparing test cases, and test data based on business and functional requirements
- Good understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation within Agile/Scrum & Waterfall environments
- Good understanding of scripting and involved in creation and implementation of Test scripts
- Strong experience in interacting with QA / Dev teams in fixing errors, development of Test Plans & Test Cases Assisted the QA team in different phases of testing such as System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Integration testing for Quality Analysis
- Good understanding of Data Analysis, Design, Data Modeling, Data Conversions
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal and customer relational skills
- Good Knowledge in Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver) on Continuous Integration tools
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent planning and multi - tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to help enterprise make critical decisions Proficient in MS Office suite, Visual Basic, MS Access, and SQL Server Database.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, Word and PowerPoint, with advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookup, Macros)
- A very good team player but can also work independently with minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and have flexibility in a fast-paced environment
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE,QC-HPALM
Test Framework: TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, IBM Rational Clear Quest
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access)
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access
- Involved in Manual Testing and Automation testing of various components of web application.
- Involved in Preparation of Test cases from Scratch using BRDS and Process flows
- Involved in Business and Functional Specification review meetings, Design walkthroughs and Test Plan reviews.
- Generated traceability matrices to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Interacted with various other teams in order to fetch the data for Testing and used NASCO for backend Data testing
- Involved in testing of various components like Authorizations, Totals, Benefits etc. in NCOMPASS Portal and Cross Validated in NASCO
- Successfully performed Smoke testing, System Integration testing and regression testing .
- Manually tested data from high level to detail level during verifications.
- Involved in Web Services Testing Using SOAP UI
- Participated and contributed in daily Scrums, Sprint meeting and Sprint review meetings.
- Used NASCO to cross check the member information verses NCOMPASS Portal
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
- Executed Automation Scripts for Regression testing
- Logged defects using Rational Clear Quest
Environment: SharePoint, Agile/Scrum, Web services, IBM Rational Clear Quest, XML, MS-Office, NASCO, Selenium Webdriver
- Participated in development and execution of test cases based on requirements and user stories.
- Involved in manual and automated testing of various components of web application
- Worked on developing automation scripts using Java language and TestNG framework, Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins
- Executed automated test scripts for Regression testing using Selenium
- Enhanced Selenium tests by creating checkpoints, parameters, output values
- Defects identified in testing environment where communicated to the developers using the defect tracking tool HP ALM.
- Executed SQL queries to validate backend data.
- Responsible for conducting smoke, functional, regression and ad-hoc testing.
- Performed cross browser functionality testing.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, SQL Server 2010, MS Office, MS Share point, JIRA.
Data Reporting Analyst
- Created and Designed New Databases from scratch in MS Access and SQL Server
- Created regular and ad - hoc reports using SSRS and Tableau.
- Developed reports in Excel and Access from datasets as per business needs
- Maintained database for the purpose of extracting reports
- Wrote complex SQL queries using various joins, unions and functions for report purpose
- Worked with the Business users to understand what reports were critical, non-critical and not needed.
- Created an MS Access database to collect data systems in order to provide lists, status reports and management overview reports
- Created Dynamic Charts/Graphs in MS Excel and MS Access using VBA
- Created Queries, Reports and Forms in MS Access using VBA
- Created Excel based Analysis and reports using VLOOKUP, Pivot tables and complex excel formulas
- Manually modified the SQL in Report Studio to tune and/or to write complicated reports
- Wrote SQL's to implement report specific queries in reporting.
Environment: MS Access (VBA), MS Excel (VBA), SQL Server, Visual Basic, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau