- Over 8 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst/Lead. Specializing in the following areas Legacy systems, Client/Server Windows & Web based applications with primary focus in the areas of requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Testing Process - Knowledge of Testing with Various SDLC methodologies waterfall, RAD,JAD and Agile. Execute System Test Processes which includes creating test plans, test cases, executing test cases, tracking and reporting defects
- Onsite/Offshore Team Management - Managed an onsite team in NYC and Offshore team in India to deliver testing on multiple projects at a given time
- Change Management - Managed Change Management in some of the instances in Sharepoint portal and also in JIRA.
- Release Management - Have weekly release update with Dev leads and maintain a release calendar. Create and execute release checkout list.
- Production Support - Resolve production issues by creating and executing SQL's, searching for exceptions in logs using UNIX commands and Regression Suits
- Quality Center Admin - perform local admin duties comprising of creating new users, new projects, customizing defects module
- Automation - Proficient in the use of various functional automation testing tools such as Quality Test Professional (QTP), QA Wizard Pro
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, and user representatives in application design and document reviews.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with upper management and excellent skills in motivating others.
- Superior analytical, troubleshooting, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to train, lead and motivate cross functional teams
- Expert at performing Back End Testing. Well versed with SQL queries to run the data integrity tests. Strong work experience in both UNIX and Windows environment.
Testing Tools: Mercury Quick Test Professional (QTP), Test Director/Quality Center, Test Track Pro, QA Wizard Pro and JIRA
Operating Systems: Familiarity with both UNIX and Windows platforms.
Languages: Familiarity with VB Script, HTML,C, C++, Perl and PL/SQL
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server and MS-Access, TOAD
Fix Simulators: Aegis Simulator and VeriFix
Other Tools: Putty, JIRA, Sharepoint, Web services
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancement of test standards, QA processes and methodology within the organization.
- Participating in the review of requirements definition deliverables and looking for gaps in the requirements from a testing perspective and for traceability and transformability of the requirements into test strategy, test plans and test cases.
- Monitoring scope and requirement changes, assessing the impact on the test management deliverables and adjusting the test management deliverables and the test oriented project management deliverables to deal with the change.
- Responsible for an in house testing and integration in an Agile development environment
- Involved in discussion with project team, developers and QA to create detailed Test Plan, test cases per business requirements, user stories and use cases. Participate in test case review walkthrough sessions
- Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans. Assisted Release Leads in preparing implementation timelines
- Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
- Create test cases according to standards and involved in end to end system testing
- Track issues to successful resolution. Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking and TCM tool (Test Case Manager) for test case management.
- Lead defect review calls. Created daily QA progress reports on test execution
- Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- Support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
- Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
- Developed reports based on data analysis and assessments of test results and offer recommendations to management and development.
- Performed database testing using SQL and executing stored procedures.
- Performed batch testing by executing batch jobs and verifying the output
- Performed backend testing by searching the logs for exceptions and verifying the data published to other external applications
- Coordinated with Systems Installation & Support Group during Technology Compliance Testing
Sr. Quality Assurance Lead
- Successfully lead medium-sized on-site and offshore QA team through challenging deadlines, complex system environments on multiple projects by acting as a primary point of contact for various projects. Conducted sessions through breeze session to know the outsourcing team to understand the core issues for immediate fixes.
- Formulated quality assurance plans and measured and monitored actual results against plans.
- Compiled and maintained comprehensive set of business requirements. Architected and maintained the QA team SharePoint portal which was used to disseminate technical documentation, communicate schedules and status to project teams and senior management
- Worked on web applications extensively to test different aspects of web related tests like cross browser, License management, web security.
- Increased performance and stability of application by implementing new test strategies during testing stages.
- Streamlined QA process and Managed the entire QA efforts, including manual and automation of an application in Agile Methodology - Scrum environment
- Studied the Application and use-cases, analyzed business and functional requirements and prepared pre conditioned data for testing the application. Troubleshoot and help Production tickets when routed to QA level
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration testing, FIX Testing, Regression Testing and extensive adhoc testing too.
- Decreased number of defects in UAT phase which reduced release cycle by a month.
- Involved in Installation and configuration of various Confidential applications on different platforms. Initiated and managed Change requests in Sales force CRM.
- Evaluated various Test management Tools and Test Automation tools by acting as a key person from evaluation, POC, NDA and final settlement of the testing tool. Used Seapine’s Test Track system for managing entire defect lifecycle and also used QA Wizard Pro to automate regression test cases.
- Used Toad and developed complicated SQL queries to perform backend data validation and database testing.
- Standardize QA standards and practices across teams where possible. Generated many test documents like Macro level Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Incident Report, Test Summary Report, Exit Report for every release. Involved in FIX Testing and FIX Log validation by using Verifix.
- Performed batch testing by executing batch jobs in UNIX environment and verifying the output logs.
- Coordinated meetings with Developers and Business Analysts to discuss ongoing projects on daily and weekly basis.
Confidential, Nutley, NJ
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Creating and maintaining validation documents, and documenting validation activities supporting GxP system including user requirements, test scripts, design specifications, traceability matrix, Installation Qualification/Operational Qualification/Performance Qualification, validation plan, and validation summary reports.
- Analyzed Functional and Business specification documents, Design Documents and Use cases
- Developed test scenarios, test plans, test cases and test scripts in the Quality Center (9.1).
- Performed Cross browser testing, Web Security, Integration testing, Regression testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Developed functional automated Test scripts using Quick Test Professional 9.2. Created user defined function libraries and Shared Object Repositories to enhance the maintainability of the scripts. Used Regular expressions to handle dynamic data.
- Used Mercury Quality Center for Test Management and for defect tracking. Customized Quality Center according to firms needs and added several custom fields.
- Used TOAD (9.1) to run SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle database as part of validation methods and make sure that Database constraints and Triggers were working as expected. Developed complicated queries to perform backend testing
- Maintained UNIX shell scripts for production and QA date base replications.
- Performed intensive XML testing by creating test scripts based on use cases to test SOAP based web services. Used Altova XML Spy to generate and validate xml data.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Prepared test plans, test cases, test procedures, which included test methodologies and test summaries for the application under test.
- Automation: Main Responsibilities in Automation Testing Cycle are a) Created New Project in Test Director. b) Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and Test scripts in the Test Director c) Developed Test Scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP) to perform Regression Testing d) Run the Test Scripts through Test Director by invoking QTP and WinRunner, Scheduling of Tests both locally and on remote machines, exported test results from Test Director. e) Developed user defined functions and reusable actions
- Conducted backend testing by using complicated SQL queries on oracle database
- Reported the Defects in Test Director and verified the Defects and updated the status.