- 5+ years of experience in IT industry as a Software QA Test Engineer both in Automation and Manual Testing of various client - server and web-based applications using various testing tools.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Concepts.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, IDE, Grid, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber and SOAP UI.
- Experienced in customizing Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Test Methodologies from project definition to post-deployment documentation.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like Ant, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML and WSDL; and in providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Hands on experience in testing the AngularJS based application using Protractor.
- Experience using android debugging tools like Logcat, Android Monitor using Android Studio. Worked with ADB commands and Appium node.js commands.
- Ability to locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS elector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Experienced in Web Service testing by using SoapUI and POSTMAN.
- Experienced in handling dynamic Drop-down, Auto-suggestive Drop-down, Radio buttons, Calendar UI, Alerts, and switching between a parent & child windows.
- Experienced in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Experienced in handling broken links and inter application links (page redirects to respective URL's) in development, test and production environments.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources like Excel files in order to perform Data Driven Testing from TestNG DataProvider .
- Experienced in handling Ajax Requests and synchronization in Selenium using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Experienced working on Agile and Extreme methodologies using TDD, SCRUM, MDD, etc.
- Good Exposure with functional web service testing and strong knowledge on SOAP UI, POSTMAN tools .
- Proficient in Functional, Regression, Exploratory, Integration, Manual, System, End-to-end, Progression, Security, Business Process.
- Experience use of Java Programming & Java Scripting, Python for designing automated Scripts.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Performance, Integration, Unit, Regression, Black Box, White Box, GUI,
- Back-End & Browser compatibility testing, in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Experience in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements Experience in preparation of test cases and execution.
- Experience is preparing Test Plan documents .
- Proficient in using test management tools such Quality Center/ALM, JIRA.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with team members in fixing the errors.
- Experience in manual and automation testing for various application to meet proper business conformity.
- Good at multi-tasking and works well under tight deadlines with high efficiency. Excellent Troubleshooting Skills. Strong reporting and analytical skills.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID, Soap UI, TestNG, Cucumber, POSTMAN, APPIUM, Protractor, Rest Assured
Programming Languages: Java
Defect Tracking: Jira, Bugzilla
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, POM, TDD, BDD, TestNG
Development Tools: Eclipse
Build/SCM/CI Tools: Maven, Git, GitHub, Jenkins
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac OS.
Confidential, Harwood Heights, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD ) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependant modules individually. Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Used Protractor which is and End-to-End Framework testing for AngularJS Web Applications.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for angularJs application module using Protractor-Cucumber-TypeScript and created specs for various functional scenarios.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Parameterized test cases using different annotations.
- Developed manual and automated test cases to validate RESTful API web service. Validation was performed using Postman and custom-written python scripts.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Implemented Appium scripts to test IOS and Android platforms.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation ( Java ).
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven .
- Developed test suite, test cases, execute test cases and generate report in Postman .
- Performed xml data validation using assertion method in Postman .
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite. Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed test automation Development using test framework that implements Page Object Model (POM), cucumber feature, and TestNG configuration files.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Developed user-friendly and flashy XSLT reports using TestNG and Maven.
- Involved in writing automation scripts for mobile native applications using Appium, Core java and Selenium.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries .
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production .
Confidential, College Station, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver .
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Examine the application for testing, data validation.
- Maintained automation scripts in Selenium WebDriver with Python.
- Provided input, oversee and review the writing of use cases and test cases.
- Worked with Testing Coordinator and others to ensure use cases and test cases are written correctly to ensure complete test coverage.
- Created End to End, Functional & UAT test cases as per the requirements. Involved in production smoke testing and sanity testing. Involved in support activity of all phases of SWAP & PWAS system related releases.
- Test automation for web application (SWAP module) using Cucumber.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG. Extensively worked on Selenium WebDriver with the preferred Languages Java, Python. Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Worked on Web services using POSTMAN exclusively on obtaining the needed information using the URL approach.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework for the application (Android apps).
- Used Postman validated REST API Web Service Call by sending JSON Request and JSON Response.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver ( using Java ).
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Manual Tester
- Effectively participated in every day Agile Scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Developed and Executed Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application. Designed and developed test cases for putting the application on Manual testing
- Created Test Plans, and Test cases as per Functional and Business requirement.
- Performed Functional, Non-functional and End-to-End testing in different environments.
- Also involved for troubleshooting issues arising during testing.
- Executed Black Box, Negative, Regression, User Acceptance test (UAT) as per test plans and test scenarios.
- Used defect-tracking tool, Test Director, for raising issues and interacting with developers.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing.
- Used ALM/QC to Write Test Cases and mapped with requirements For Execution.
- Successful in handling and executing of manual testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using ALM/QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Windows, SDLC, Agile-Scrum, HP ALM/QC, MS Office, SQL, XML, UAT.