- 7+ years of diversified experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Development Engineering in Test. Extensive expertise in System analysis, Test Planning, Test Execution and Result Analysis in System testing, System Integration testing and UAT phases of Software testing life cycle (STLC) & SDLC.
- Extensive experience with Software Quality Assurance Testing on GUI based Client - Server, Web Based and Mobile applications, Web Services using Automated and Manual testing procedures.
- Strong experience with PLM tools ALM, Rally, JIRA, QC, Bugzilla and TFS (Team Foundation Server) Complete for tracking the requirement coverage, release management and executing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts and Defect life cycle management using test management tools.
- Expertise in writing, maintaining, executing Test plans, Test cases on Rally, TFS and MTM.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques, Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, QTP/UFT, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Fire Path, running scripts, debugging scripts in different environment, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Good at writing Continuous Integration Automation Script using Ready API, Spring and Groovy scripts.
- Expertise in mobile testing using Appium, Browser automation using Java/C#/Selenium/TestNG.
- Great knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins and Bamboo for Continuous Integration/Devops.
- Proficient in API testing for SOAP and RESTful services. Performed testing on REST based web services testing using SoapUI, POSTMAN. Knowledge on Kafka testing.
- Working experience in RDBMS technologies like SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors and Functions.
- Working knowledge on scripting languages Perl, Python.
- Involved in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementing Agile, Iteration, Scrum, and Waterfall and V-Model methodologies.
- Experienced in Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing, Sanity testing, Shakeout, Exploratory Testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Functional testing, ETL Testing, Front End and Back End Testing.
- Experience in creating performance testing scripts and configuration of performance testing Using JMeter and Load runner. Excellent at using SVN, TFS, GIT HUB as central repositories.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator. Good Knowledge on Micro service Testing.
- Flexible understanding and working with Data Analytics tools like MS Visual Studio and Power BI.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies AWS, Azure. Good Knowledge on performing E2E testing using TOSCA.
- Good work experience in Retail, E-commerce, Healthcare, PBM, Banking, Finance & Telecom domains.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong analytical, problem-solving and trouble-shooting capabilities, Quick Learner, highly motivated, and result oriented. Trained to follow six sigma.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Z/OS
Language: Java, Visual Basic, C, C#, Groovy, HTML, XML, XSD, HTTP
Databases: SQL Server, DB2, MS Access, Oracle (PLSQL), MongoDB.
Web Technologies: JSP, CSS, HTML, XML, JSON, VBScript, Junit, and Python.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium (IDE, WebDriver, Grid), QTP/UFT, Appium, TOSCA, SOAPUI, SOAPUI PRO, Ready API, Postman, Protractor, GraphQL, JMeter, Load runner, Swagger Hub, Selenium Grid.
Servers: Tomcat, Web Sphere Server, WebLogic, Glassfish.
Defect Tracking: HP ALM, Quality Centre, JIRA, TFS, MTM, SharePoint.
Frameworks: BDD/TDD, Cucumber/Gherkin, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Spring boot, POM
Test Build/Integration Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
Data Transfer Tools: WinSCP, putty, HP peregrine 6.2
Data Analytics Tools: MS Visual studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Tableau
Microsoft Tools : MS Office, MS Access, Eclipse, Adobe Acrobat, MS Visio, Microsoft FrontPage, Fire bug, Fire Path, IE Developer Toolkit and HTML
Big Data Tools: Hadoop, Hue, Hive, Elastic, Kibana, Stream sets, JAMS Scheduler, Tidal Scheduler, Workday.
Sr. Quality Engineer
- Writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analysing the results of scripts.
- Reviewed database business and functional requirements, reviewed mapping transformations.
- Monitoring the database migration process from oracle to Hadoop. Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems.
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications. Perform batch tests.
- Reading and updating data in XML. Understanding the existing QA checks in JAMS and updating the alerting to Pagerduty and Jira.
- Executed TestComplete automated Test Scripts.
- Performing ETL testing including Data Completeness, Data Transformation & Data Quality for various data feeds coming from source.
- Validating and scheduling jobs in JAMS Scheduler. Documenting the resolution for known issues.
- Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status.
- Identifying duplicate entries and gaps in the database. Executing SQL Queries in Impala Hue using Hive plugin. Writing Hive queries for data analysis to meet the Business requirements.
- Enhancing the performance of existing rollups. Monitoring logs and analysing reports in Kibana.
- Understanding the existing pipelines and topologies in stream sets. Collaborating with team to get necessary checks to be added to the topology.
- Involved in developing the Hive Reports, Partitions of Hive tables.
- Preparation of Test Cases based on ETL Specification Document, Use Cases, Low Level Design document.
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms. Involved in defect life cycle management.
Environment: Oracle (PLSQL), SQL, Toad, Hadoop, JAMS, Hue, Impala, Hive, Kibana, Kudu, Elastic, TestComplete, Kubernetes, Stream Sets, Informatica, Workday, XML, Jira, Confluence, Splunk, Agile, Scrum.
Sr. QA Engineer
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
- Gathering, reviewing and evaluating requirements from stories and translate into functional specifications and writing Automation scripts.
- Analysing business requirements related to PBM, HealthCare Provider and Member Data Management.
- Establishing validation standards, develop testing protocols, prepare equipment, document test results and maintain records for later analysis.
- Writing Test cases and Test scenarios for manual testing based on requirements.
- Executing and maintaining the automated scripts for functional, integration, regression and performance testing.
- Identified areas of improvement the quality system to enhance smart testing and better reusability.
- Part of Automation Environment Setup using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver Jars and TestNG.
- Involved in coding JAVA OOP’s concepts for developing Automation Frameworks.
- Used Behaviour driven development (BDD) framework in Selenium Web driver to write acceptance tests.
- Developed test scripts for testing in house applications and tools using Selenium web driver, JQuery and Java, validating CSV and JSON files.
- Written automation tasks in form of Macro using Excel VBA Scripting.
- Understanding and handling EDI X12 file (834, 837, 270, 271, 820, etc.)
- Collaborated with TDM team for test data. Submitting required member scenarios for TDM.
- Performed UAT testing for web-based application, internal tracking and validation tools.
- Performed Compatibility testing, Performance testing and Load testing on native, hybrid and mobile based applications.
- Tested web-based services manually and creation of collections using REST and SOAPUI.
- Grouped Test Cases, Prioritizing Test Cases, Executing Test Batches and generating Test Reports using TestNG/Junit.
- Used Firebug/IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, HTML IDs to identify Elements. Used Ultra Edit IDE tool to edit HTML files.
- Generated claims from different test scenarios in the application to perform online POS testing.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with SQL complex queries from Server.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop, coordinate and execute Validation documents and strategies.
- Integrated automation scripts in Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) by using Bamboo for nightly batch run of the script.
- Analysed the defect scenarios and submitted for Change Requests.
- Used test data to perform Point of sale testing to validate billing and payment service framework.
- Estimated test performance accurately and coordinating with team members for work activities.
- Optimized Selenium Scripts for Regression Testing of the application with various data structures and ensure the existing data structures have a smooth migration to the new Database.
- Worked with JIRA and other in-house tracking tools to execute and record defects, track stories, maintain requirements.
- Perform Quality Assurance tests at different levels such as functional testing, unit testing, configuration testing, integration testing, systems testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing. Document test results. Analyse and interpret test results, test data and prepare reports.
- Attended triage calls and maintained co-ordination with offshore team.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Java, BDD Framework, Cucumber, Gherkin, MS SQL Server, VBA Scripting, REST, SOAPUI, TestNG, Swagger, Bamboo, JIRA, SharePoint, Bit bucket, GIT, DevOps, Splunk, Light house, python, RxSmart, Ultra edit, In-house tracking tools, SAFe Agile, JMeter.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Review Business/functional requirements documentation, translated functional testing requirements into Test plans, Test scenarios and Test cases.
- Develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts for functional, integration, regression, performance testing and usability testing.
- Coordinated Daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analysed Test Results.
- Used Apache POI methods for read/write from/to excel sheets in java.
- Developed Data Driven test scripts for testing in house web services, Validating JSON files.
- Designed and executed API test suites, test cases in Postman and ReadyAPI.
- Involved in testing Web Services manually and creation of collections using SOAPUI.
- Developed and exported test cases from Selenium to Eclipse for test execution creating customized Java coding.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and implemented the code optimization for functional testing using Project Object Model (POM).
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on iOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files.
- Executed regression testing on various O.S devices and their respective simulators and actively participated in executing the groovy test scripts. Tested stand-alone spring applications.
- Executed SQL Queries for gathering backend data and validating against the UI results using SQL Developer.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking the issues using Quality Centre (HP ALM).
- Integrated Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) framework/Cucumber in Selenium WebDriver to write acceptance tests for web application.
- Used GIT for Version Control and Code Collaboration to manage code reviews.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven and Jenkins/DevOps to automate the weekly build process.
- Written Java Test Automation Script, Eclipse IDE, Selenium and Web Driver which does sanity testing on every deployment performed in QA End and sends Email Notification on failure.
- Developed tools to automate some base tasks using python, scripting and XML.
- Analysing the JSON objects which are part of requests and responses.
- Performed User Acceptance testing for tools built on python.
- End to End Performance testing Analyst specializing in monitoring, configuring and tuning applications for optimal performance, additionally competent in front end client, backend database and network performance tuning.
- Involved in documentation of the performance testing/Recommendations at various level of testing and report the impact of performance issues within the system to the clients.
- Track Performance testing of the application with JMeter Performance testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, POI, POM, Appium Emulators, IOS Simulators, postman, SOAPUI, BDD/Cucumber/Gherkin, Jenkins, Maven, Java, Groovy, Spring boot, Protractor, Spring MVC, MS Office, SQL, HTML, HP ALM, Agile Methodology, JMeter, GIT, Python, Linux, Swagger.
- Involved in project planning, coordination, implementation and the creation of test plans and test cases/ scripts to test our e-commerce website.
- Developed test automation strategies and approaches that incorporate multiple phases of testing including unit, system and integration, functional, performance testing, and regression testing.
- Wrote test cases to test order management system and warehouse management system.
- As an SDET, involved in development of the application and in testing of the software developed.
- Performed functional testing automation and execution using data driven framework with Page Object Model (POM) in Selenium Web Driver and used Apache POI for the implementation.
- Developed code in Java by using Keyword Driven Framework and designed Hybrid framework in such a way that the code is re-usable and easily scalable.
- Created Pom.xml, Dependencies, Artifacts, JAR files, Java Libraries and Automation Results Reporting Systems.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium WebDriver in Data Driven Framework model.
- Performed manual testing in physical devices emulator and IOS simulator, performed quality assurance using the Selenium WebDriver with Java.
- Used to do mobile testing on Native Apps and Hybrid Apps by writing java for automation through Appium.
- Provided POS testing for Billing and Payment services.
- Performed backend/database testing to ensure data validity by running SQL queries.
- Running scripts in regression environment, using Python for running regression tests on multiple machines.
- Used TestNG to run multiple test cases in parallel, reported bug issues using JIRA tracking tool.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing features and developed required selenium support code.
- Tested the test sections of POS transactions.
- Created and maintained test scripts using python scripting.
- Integrated the test suites using Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Involved in web service testing/REST API testing using Rest Assured frameworks. Created test cases in JMeter based on Postman requests.
- Used SVN system for versioning automation components.
- Performed cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers.
- Integrated automation batch run job with Jenkins. Worked with Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Responsible for creating automation test scripts to create test data for performance testing.
QA Test Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Used C# as scripting language & Visual Studio ultimate along with Selenium as IDE Integrated Development environment for automation.
- Application is developed in C# and UI is created using WPF following the MVVM pattern.
- Created workflow around testing and create a process around Microsoft Test Manager that can be shared with all the services.
- Wrote test cases for different cash management scenarios.
- Wrote code-behind files in C#.Net server-side processing of pages and test cases using spec Flow.
- Created Security module in C#.Net for both the systems to provide highest level of security and user authorization to application.
- Extensively worked on WCF Services using C# code.
- Created functional testing automation scripts using open source tools Selenium and involved in creation of automation framework using Selenium and TestNG.
- Wrote test case directly in MTM and pulled them in TFS whenever needed.
- Participated and conducted Agile Scrum Daily project meeting and planning using the AGILE process.
- Evaluate test results for accuracy and completeness. Report problems identified during testing in TFS (Team Foundation Server) and follow each defect through to closure.
- Performing unit testing of develop PL/SQL code promoting codes to UAT and Production environments.
- Report bugs using MTM /TFS and create/monitor bug resolution efforts and track success.
- Created and executed Functional Tests, Load Tests and Mock Services using SOAP projects with WSDL definition files.
- Designed and Coded UI framework, base classes, WCF services, object, business, and data access layers in C# 4.0. Object-oriented approaches were used for application development.
- Preparation of Automation scripts for Regression UI Test cases using Coded UI/ Selenium Web Driver.
- Integrated and implemented easy workflow for multiple applications using JSON files.
- Developed Web based applications and Client-Server technologies using HTML, CSS, and JSON.
- Performed Data driven testing as well as Involved in performing load testing using Load runner.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, C#, .Net, Visual studio, MS TFS, MTM, Junit, JSON/XML, SoapUI, Coded UI, HTML, CSS, Windows, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Load runner.