- Highly skilled Agile QA Engineer having around 7+ years of experience with Web, Web Services and Mobile applications.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle models - Agile(Scrum/XP/ Kanban).
- Experience with different types of testing - functional, regression, performance, integration, usability, compatibility andaccessibility.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Appium, REST Assured,Http Client, JMeter, POSTMAN and SOAPUI to develop automation test scripts for Web, Mobile and Client Server.
- Well versed with GUI, Functional testing, System testing, Database, Regression testing, Integrationtesting, Web service testing, Automation testing and Smoke/Sanity testing.
- Worked in multiple domains like Banking, Finance, Ecommerce and tourism Domains.
- Excellent experience in Software Testing in Client Server Application, web and mobile applications using Manual Testing Techniques and Automated open source Testing Tools.
- Good Knowledge in OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts.
- Extensive experience with Estimation of Test effort and coordinate Test Schedule with overall Project Schedule.
- Experience with collecting Test Metrics to Manage Defects and Generate Various Reports.
- Created Test Scenarios, design Test Cases, prepare RTM, generate test results and Defect logs.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for web and mobile applications using Java, Junit/ TestNG, Appium, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Proven abilities in working onWeb and Mobile based Online Payments applications using Java, Maven,, through Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in developing Test plan, Test cases, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and executing regression test cycles.
- Possess good programming skills and understanding of JAVA, JSP, HTML, Unix shell scripts, SQL.
- Experience in using Quality Center extensively for establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Good experience in Bug Tracking tools like Jira, Rally and HP ALM.
- As part of database testing executed stored procedures to validate UI and database details.
- Designed and executed SQL queries to validate UI and database details.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Good Knowledge in Test Management and Testing Lifecycle Methodologies like Agile Models, Waterfall, TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Knowledgeable and good exposure on automating scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Well versed in Analyzing Results, Tracking Bugs and Reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in a team setting or individually.
Testing Tools: SeleniumWebDriver/Grid, SOAPUI, POSTMAN, RESTAssured, Http Client, Appium, JMeter, Cucumber, SauceLabs
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, DataStax.
Build: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Gradle, Docker
Libraries: Apache Commons, Apache POI, TestNG, Mockito, Hamcrest
Misc. Tools: TOAD, SQL Navigator, SVN, WinSCP, PUTTY, Paros Proxy
Operating systems: Windows, MAC, DOS, Linux/ Unix
Web Services: SOAP, RESTFUL, WSDL, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Bug Zilla, JIRA, Version1.
Sr. SDET / QA Lead
- Analyzed business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for clear understanding of each requirement.
- Designed the Test scenarios according to the given requirements and prepared test plan and test strategy documents.
- Identified test cases to automate and develop automation test scripts using Selenium Web driver and Java.
- Involved in creating the functional testing framework using TestNG.
- Created and mocked up test data and test cases according to data mapping sheet.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Configured and Installed Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins for Continuous build cycles.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team to ensure product testability while running E2E Regression tests in Selenium Web Driver using TestNG and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Reviewed the automation scripts and created Continuous Integration Jobs in Jenkins.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) for completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Used Quality Center for bug-reporting, tracking and to create and execute various scenarios, generate graphs, overlaid graphs for comparison, and analyzed the results.
- Executed the web-service test cases using SOAP UI tools.
- Performed Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against Oracle and SQL database.
- Validated the customer account records and their order details with Databases using SQL Queries.
- Responsible for the Team performance and preparing & submitting the graphs and metrics to the higher management.
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developingtest suite using selenium Web driver.
- Involved in distributed test automation as a part of integration testing using Jenkins.
- Executed both positive and negative Test cases of functionality and Regression Tests.
- Extensively worked with End-to-end testing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Prepared the Test Suite with the TestNG framework based on Java and developed the test scripts using TestNG annotations.
- Logged defects in JIRA and tracked defects.
- Responsible for the Team performance and preparing & submitting the graphs and metrics to the higher management.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Appium Studio, iOS, XCode, Java, Web Services, SOAP UI, REST, Agile, Jira, DataStax, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, HTML, XMLJava script, Git, Linux, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr Automation Engineer
- Extensively involved in analyzing Business Requirements, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed Data Driven Test scripts as well as running these scripts for Message processing, Registration, and Reports testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Created the JUnit test cases for the different web applications using Eclipse IDE.
- Extended data driven framework and developed re-usable functions across the application.
- Used JUnit Test to automate functional and regression testing across integrated environments.
- Used ANT to build and run the SeleniumWebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Involved in ANT configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manualfunctional tests.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, SoapUI, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Git, JIRA, TDD, Agile, Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
QA Automation EngineerResponsibilities:
- Actively interacted with the Business users, product owner and the developers in the Agile team to understand the test scenarios.
- Created a Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Automating the test scripts are planned, prepared and upgraded using HP Quality Center (QC).
- Modernized the automation test scripts based on the periodical changes in the functionalityrequirements of product.
- Automated various critical points identified in functional testing using Selenium Web driver.
- Inserted checkpoints to compare the present behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using selenium IDE.
- Developed and automated regression test cases with positive scenarios Selenium Web driver.
- Executed Backend and Database tests using SQL queries, validating the data for database editing and debugging is conducted using selenium.
- Performed and maintained unit testing using Junit framework.
- Dynamic and static objects in selenium are dealt with the DOM, Xpathand CSS path.
- Developed test scripts for service calls and rendered data through XML files.
- Dealt with the Bug life cycle phases like Defect analysis, bug tracking and Retesting is performed and maintained the status of reports.
- Involved in daily and weekly defect and risk meetings.
Environment: Java, HTML, CSS, selenium Web driver, XML, Eclipse IDE, Junit, SVN, HP ALM/Quality Center, SQL Queries, Oracle and Firebug.
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the Use Cases and various documents to prepare Test Plan.
- Highly experienced in designing and applying test methodologies to ensure products meet required specifications and Performance expectations.
- Developed the Test strategy for short term and long-term automation.
- Prepared Manual testing scenarios and test cases for system design of advance builds of an application.
- Automation infrastructure and error free test scripts are developed using Selenium Web driver methods and features.
- Used Eclipse IDE with selenium for supporting functional testing of client-side application.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) while preparing the test cases.
- Organized the test cases in the HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) for Manual Test execution also generated reports and graph type documents for results using QC.
- Test scripts are written using Java selenium to automate the GUI test and functional test cases.
- Test scripts created with automation tools and executed automation scripts on various builds.
- Performed risk analysis to critical areas of application from customer perspective and supported multi-tier application.
- Test scripts written are enhanced for Global Execution.
- Data Driven Testing (DDT) is executed by prepared Test data.
- User stories are tracked using JIRA and HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) to track the defects.
- Involved in weekly status review meeting and generated reports on summary of the test executions.
Environment: Windows, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver, Java, J2EE, Scrum Master Pro, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Eclipse IDE and Firepath.