- An effective Quality Assurance professional with a broad experience set comprising both manual and automated testing in a career spanning 8 years. Proficient in functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, smoke testing, performance testing and load testing. I have also worked with the business and key stakeholders to support them during UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- 8 years of experience as Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Engineer.
- Have been involved in all the stages of the software development life cycle and Test Life Cycles
- Involved in analysis, design and quality assurance of Client, Server, Web and ERP Applications (Microsoft Dynamics AX) for various industries.
- Expertise in automation tools like Mercury/HP Quick Test Professional, HP ALM, TestDirector, Selenium and UFT.
- Executed different types of Test Suites: Smoke, Integration, Functional, Regression, GUI, SystemTesting, Compatibility, Installation, and Black Box Testing
- Analysing Customer Specific Design Documents, Functional and System requirements specifications (FRS & SRS).
- Overall knowledge in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test case Review, Test Case Execution, execution of Test scripts, Testing tool Usage, Defect management, Preparing Test reports, collecting and analysing test metrics.
- Created and executed SQL queries for manual and automated Back - End (Database) Testing.
- Expertise in developing external custom functions using VBScript and Descriptive Programming for QTP.
- Created Custom Code and Implementation of Data Driven Testing Using UFT tool for parameterization.
- Strong experience in testing applications developed using C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and VB.NET.
- Proficient in HP ALM for Test Planning, test designing, test Analysis, test Execution, and Defect Reporting and Tracking.
- Executed automated test suites on multiple platforms using Selenium WebDriver and Maven scripts.
- Experience in writing JUNIT test cases for Java and J2EE applications.
- Solid knowledge of automation testing in Robot framework.
- Extensive experience in software development methodologies such as Agile (Scrum).
- Worked with different teams to run tests in continuous integration environment (Jenkins) and report on results.
- Strong experience in automating web application testing using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Experience in creating unit and functional test cases by using Python testing tool.
- Expertise in creating BDD driven test frame work.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
Programming Languages: C#, HTML, XML, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Java, Groovy, SQL
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MS Access, MySQL
Tools: HP-Quick Test Pro, HP-Quality Center, Test Director, HP ALM, Bugzilla, UFT, Selenium Suite (Selenium IDE, RC, Grid and WebDriver), Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, JIRA, SOAP UI, Robot Framework, Rally, Jmeter, Adobe Experience Manager, FACETS, Load Runner, Microsoft 365
Scripting: VB Script, Java Script
Development Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, V Model, Prototype, Spiral
Other Skills: Business Process Engine, MS Office, Restful and SOAP, Webservices, IVR
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, prepared test strategy and test plan documents and wrote test cases for new functionality.
- Worked in agile methodology (scrum) to meet customer expectation, timelines with quality deliverables.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, Xpath, link in the application.
- Implemented Data-Driven test to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Use HP ALM for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking, managing the defects, executing the test cases, test documentation and for reporting purposes.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Extensively executed SQL Queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed Selenium test cases using Junit framework
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, SQL Server, Jira, HP ALM, Junit, Xpath, Eclipse, Firebug, XML, Windows
- Identify testing requirements from Business Requirements, Functional and Non-functional design, and Technical design specifications.
- Coded UI scripts are run one after another in Visual Studio platform to verify that the entire scope of Confidential business URL’s accessed by users daily are launching without any errors.
- Perform alpha/beta testing, application deployment, and testing of other infrastructure components such as firewalls, add-ins, servers, OS, storage and Windows applications.
- Tracked QA issues using Jira and Confluence along with defect logging that includes technical, logical, functional, UI, Server and Sling issues.
- Performed data driven testing, cross browser testing and parallel test execution using Selenium WebDriver
- Perform parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Extensively use complex SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Ensure business URL’s are accessible after changes are made to the existing infrastructure in terms of patches or firewall updates.
- Implemented Web Services in class libraries based on SOAP protocols using XML and XSLT.
- Use Jenkins as continuous integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts.
- Utilize tools such as PowerShell, Coded UI, TFS, VS Test Manager and Microsoft Teams to test the Enterprise Applications.
- Create test scripts to cover core product functions and exceptions such as negative test cases or boundary conditions that impact the adjacent functional areas of the application.
- Creating a high level automation plan to perform end to end testing of the integrated components of the application.
- Writing automation scripts in Selenium using Robot Framework
- Planning & Executing Test cases and perform ad hoc testing where necessary and issuing detailed defect reports
- Create and Execute test scripts to ensure Regression testing can be completed thoroughly & efficiently
- Creating various test libraries using Java and Python thereby generating high level keywords which can be used for creating test cases.
- Responsible for the project deliverables from a QA perspective, which are met by performing multiple tasks such as Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test case Review, Test Case Execution, execution of Test scripts, Testing tool Usage, Defect management, Preparing Test reports, collecting and analyzing test metrics.
- Interact with customer groups and business users helps in understanding the customer workflows and business expectations.
- Manage defect reports and track the project progress by running jobs using complex database queries.
- Work on Defect tracking tools, Automation Tools, Test case management tools using Testing methodologies, Testing definitions & Processes
- Create test scripts and perform automation using Selenium automation tool based on keyword driven methodology.
- Support the S2F (Sales to Finance) application of the global distribution system project.
- Work in a fast paced environment which involves Hypercare support for users of the application across the world.