- Accomplished hands on software engineer, quality makeover artist, with 15+ years track record in software testing and quality assurance, who has helped large and small companies in the cybersecurity and financial services sectors systematically improve their software quality thus retaining happier and more satisfied customers.
- PyCharm | IntelliJ IDEA | Git | JIRA | Confluence | Subversion | Visual Studio | VersionOne | Postman | nUnit | TeamCity
- QAComplete | QualityCenter | Quick Test Pro | VMware | vSphere | vCenter | JaCoCo | EMMA | Bullseye | OpenSSL
- LDAP | IIS | OCSP | Certificate Based Authentication | SSL | Nessus | WebInspect | Slack
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST | SDET
- Increased the volume of Python functions and libraries 30% by examining the deficiencies in the current code base then used the PyCharm IDE to add functions and libraries and debug them.
- Added 40% more regression test scripts to the test suite by writing Python code to test RESTful web service API’s, then inspect the returned JSON responses and act upon the responses appropriately.
- Improved the test results and messaging API’s by adding more targeted logging and response functions.
- Saved approximately 5 hours per test cycle by using Python to script scenarios that optimized resources, stored them, and then reused them.
- Reduced the automated testing cycle execution time 20% by consolidating tests and finding a creative way to execute them in parallel.
SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER | SENIOR QA ENGINEER
- Uncovered 6 points of intrusion by creating threat models and data flow diagrams, and working through the security development life - cycle which resulted in more secure products.
- Identified 22 defects in the communication layer between mobile devices and the ePO product by writing unit and system tests in C# to test component API’s.
- Reduced test cycle time 66% by incorporating a TeamCity environment to execute tests in an nUnit framework.
- Increased test code coverage 37% by using BullsEye to identify non-executed code which led to the addition of 15% more automated tests.
- Reduced battery consumption 12% by developing and executing performance tests for the mobile antivirus product which led to improvements in the core code.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER | QA ENGINEER
- Increased the number of distinct functions 30% by writing code in VB which allowed engineers to create more targeted tests. Personally added an additional 100 test scripts to the test suite.
- Reduced test cycle time 45% by creating a system to automatically deploy virtual environments, deploy the product code, and execute automated tests based on the availability of new product builds.
- Reduced the number of defects found in the field 12% by implementing automated testing and debugging in multiple environments.
- Improved test coverage 55% by using EMMA to identify areas where product code was not being exercised during testing then added additional tests.