- Over 7+ years in Information Technology as a QA Engineer/Analyst with experience in analysis, design, development and testing of Client/Server and Web Based Applications.
- Acquaintance with the concepts of SDLC, STLC, and Testing Methodologies and Strategies.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/TestNG, Quality Center, JIRA, Jbehave, SOAPUI and Version One.
- Diverse knowledge in dealing with various open source tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, SoapUI, REST services, JUnit and TestNG.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Scrum SDLC methodology,
- Experience in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit unit testing framework.
- Proficient in using SoapUI for testing Webservices and used various types of assertions such as soap fault, Contains, Soap not fault, X - path etc.
- Experienced with designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Extensively worked on Selenium WebDriver with the preferred Languages Java.
- Ability to validate GUI and system functionality on desktops as well as mobile devices running with Android and iOS with the help of Appium tool integrated with complex architecture and Mobile Browser, Mobile Native Application Testing, Mobile Cloud Platform.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front-End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Demonstrated ability to work on Workflow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Skilled using Testing tools such as HP ALM, JIRA, Web Services testing using SOAP UI PRO and REST.
- Experience in bug reporting tools like Clear Quest and Bugzilla.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Experienced in automating various web applications and web services using SOAPUI with JUNIT and TestNG.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality Center/ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI, Postman, Eclipse, Manual Testing, Appium (IOS and Android testing), Data Dog, IntelliJ
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Quality Center (QC), TFS, Jira, Bugzilla 2.0, Jenkins, IBM Clear Quest, Bug Host, DevTrack, BUG track
Automation Framework: BDD, Data Driven, TDD
Web Debugging Tool: Xpath, Fire path, Firebug, Web debugger
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, TestNG
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, Ruby, HTML, XML
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Application: Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM Lotus Note
Project Management Tool: PPM, Clarity PPM
Other tools: MS office, MS Visio
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8) Linux, Mac
Confidential, Lawrence, NJ
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Development, Enhancement and Maintenance of Test Automation Framework with the different test suites using Java, Cucumber, Gherkhin, TestNG and Appium test and Selenium web driver’s automation tool to test for IOS and Android mobile and web version in chrome.
- Worked on mobile simulator for the best understanding of the element and to record the actions used Charles proxy.
- Creation and Executing the automated test suites and Manual test cases for System, integration, regression and E2E testing.
- Supporting and providing the solution for the Analytical system testing with the different test automation tools for data quality and processing.
- Execution of Manual and Automated test cases/scripts and update results in test management tool.
- Managing test and automation infrastructure stipulated and agreed upon by Sirius XM Radio Inc.
- Monitor jobs Confidential the task forest and run the shell scripts in Hadoop and valid the data in respective DB.
- Validated different environment data in HDFS by running HDFS command and verifying jobs are running as expected in taskforest.
- Developed Manual test cases by decomposing use cases for specific functional requirements. Worked with Business Analysts to define and design test scenarios.
- Test environment setup, unit test result validation, test execution, and defect management in JIRA for different environments, Management of test artifacts.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Prepared a Quality Plan, get reviewed and approved by Project team.
- Created Test Strategies and Test Cases.
- Compared past and current business data and developing improvement strategies
- Implemented refined policies for the growth and efficiency of organization business intelligence functions.
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing testing backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
- Expert turning requirements or user stories into test cases.
- Expert in Database Testing, Web services Testing.
- Requirement analysis, Developing Test scenarios, test cases.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration principles and frameworks Mentors and leading junior QA/QC test engineers.
- Developed Manual Test Cases based on Use Cases for specific functional requirements.
- Performed functional testing, integration testing, and validation testing on various applications with manual testing process.
- Automation testing of REST APIs using Rest Assured framework.
- Worked on Testing in various environments before production release.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process.
- Test environment setup, unit test result validation, test execution, and defect management in JIRA for different environments • Management of test artifacts.
- Contextualized testing strategy and operations within broader business needs.
- Performed hands-on REST API testing using tools such as POSTMAN.
- Managed/coordinated offshore & onsite teams.
- Analysis and documenting application knowledge, review of learning, and gap analysis.
- Worked with Business Owner to define test cases, test plans, test data ensuring accurate coverage of business and functional requirements
- Experience with Appdynamics performance monitoring tools.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Test Automation Developer
- Worked in an agile environment, and involved in writing Test plans, Test cases, Feature testing, Bug verification and regression test. Contributed to the functional automation suite. Analyzed failed test runs and fixed the scripts.
- Performing the role of QA Test Automation engineer in Agile team.
- Used Ruby Mine IDE and wrote Gherkins/scenarios and generated step definitions and methods using ruby/ Cucumber, for different functionalities of the above applications. Performed regression tests to validate the changes for different functionalities, found defects and reported them to development using Quality Centre.
- Experienced on developing test scripts with Ruby to automate browser & web applications under Cucumber (BDD) Framework.
- Hands on experience with BDD and experienced with Cucumber feature file using Gherkins language.
- Performed Testing of Oracle and SQL Server etc., database applications.
- Responsible for scheduling and running batch jobs, debugging and reporting defects in QC.
- Executed automated test scripts, analyzed the results and reported bugs in Quality center (QC).
- Experienced in reading data from excel spread sheets, converting them to YAML files and supplying the same to the automation scripts.
- Actively worked in agile environment and presented the updates to my managers every week on 'Show and Tell' meetings and retrospectives.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment in close association with Developers, requirements analysts (RAs) Automation and manual testers.
- Excellent Multi-tasking skills and prioritize effectively and Report timely and accurate status to management.
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Involved in the test case preparation in Quality Center.
- Tracked major issues and followed up on a daily basis with the team.
- Performed various types of testing such as Functional testing, Web Service testing, Database testing, Integration testing, Sanity testing and Regression testing.
- Prepared daily status reports based on test execution and Test Summary report and handled closure activities.
- Use MS Office for documentation and reporting.
- Identify log, track and report bugs to QA management and development team as well as accurately report hours in TFS.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution.