- Over 10+ years of Software Testing and Quality assurance of Client/Server and Web based applications using Manual testing and Automation Testing Using Selenium.
- Solid knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) including Agile SCRUM, Waterfall model.
- Experience in writing automated scripts, designing Test procedures, Manual Test cases, Test Plan, Traceability Matrix and preparing Quality feedback to QA Manager & Delivery Manager
- Extensive hands - on experience in test automation of web applications using Selenium Web Driver in Windows (Java/J2EE) environment
- Experience in developing and executing test cases manually and developed automation script with Selenium IDE, Grid, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver.
- Experience working with Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, Jenkins.
- Expertise in manual testing includes Requirements Analysis, writing Test plans, Test Cases and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, learning and team skills. Analyzed and understood the functionalities of the projects from business point of view by going through the Use cases and User Stories.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Educate and enforce the use of the QA processes and methodologies within the project teams.
- Have complete understanding of all functional and technical requirements and use cases.
- Good at defect-reporting and defect-tracking using tools like JIRA, Silk, Trello Board, TFS and HP-Application Life Cycle Management (ALM).
- Have complete understanding of the Design document to ensure the design complements the Requirements.
- Have a complete understanding of client's QA processes and methodologies, and work within the boundaries of these processes and methodologies.
- Experience in analyzing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Extensively used JIRA & Trello Board to write Test Cases and for reporting. All the Scripts are maintained using JIRA, Trello Board & TFS.
- Experience in Bug Tracking System and Process using Silk, Trello Board and Jira.
- Used scripting languages like Java Script, HTML, and XML
- Strong background in Java White-Box testing using Eclipse IDE.
- Hands on Black-Box / Functional / Manual testing experience in complex technical environments including application servers, data base and front ends.
- Expertise in different phases of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, JUnit Testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Black box testing, Database testing, Web / UI and (UAT) User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in cross functional projects using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in testing Web Service requests via Soap.
- Experience in RDBMS technologies like SQL Server 2017 and MySQL.
- Developed detailed test plans, test strategies, requirements metrics and manual test cases.
- Involved in preparation of Metrics, Experience with Effort Estimations, Task Allocation, Test Deliverables, Defect Reports, Traceability Metrics based on client requirement and project plan.
- Experience in multiple industries, including education services, healthcare, financial services, hospitality and commercial banking.
- Extensive documentation skills and proficiency in utilizing Silk /TFS/Jira as defect tracking tools in various projects.
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using Trello Board, Jira and TFS.
Testing: Manual and Automated testing.
Automation Testing Tools: JIRA, SILK, HP Quality Center/ALM, TFS, Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Git, Maven, Jenkins
Licensed third party software’s: WMSC(Hummingbird), PV (Package Verification), KTS (Kiva Translator System)
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android OS
Build/Version Control: - Git, Maven, Jenkins
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center/ ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, SILK.
Databases: SQL Server 7.0 and 2017, Oracle.
Web: Java Script, VB Script, HTML, XML
Technology: TestNG, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows 10, Junit, Mainframe
Confidential, Westchester, IL
QA Selenium Tester
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, Entrance and Exit criteria into different phases of testing.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute test strategy, test plan, test cases and test scripts.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used XPath and CSSselector to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Experience in Business Analysis, Manual Testing, GUI Automation Testing, System Testing including Functionality, Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, Performance, Stress and Regression testing of Web based applications.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using 3 defect tracking tools Jira/Trello/TFS and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team, and tracked defects in a Trello Boards and Jira
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Performed Regression, S moke and Systems testing in QA stage and Production environments.
- Used web-Debugging tools like css-Selector and XPath to locate web- elements
- Placed orders through various feeds like XML, transferred them through FTP.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to achieve prompt resolution to issues.
- Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming concepts, HTML and XML
Confidential, Westchester, ILQA Selenium Tester
- Successfully led the Follett Virtual Campus Bulk Ordering project that helped Follett customers to process the bulk ordering and ship text books in an efficient manner from the warehouse, which helped in the expansion of the lucrative/high sell-through FVC bulk order business
- Formulated the test Strategy/Plan, worked closely with the business owners to create test specifications and built test scenarios to rigorously test product functionality in terms of end to end perspective and investigate all potential product test failures.
- Tested the bulk fulfillment of orders via Follett’s warehouse which utilized Kiva robots in the replenishment of books in cartons/containers to active picking for order fulfilment using automated conveyor controls.
- Collaborated with product owner / business team on user stories to derive the test cases and ensured that project testing covered all functional areas.
- Managed relationships with internal and external resources including reporting results and disseminating responses.
- Test estimation, project proposal creation, planning and execution for project releases.
- Offshore calls and coordination with resources, knowledge transfer of applications.
- Improved productivity by streamlining regression Suite for Order fulfilment process.
- Provided daily Test metrics to CIO, VP, stakeholders and Directors showing project status and defect analysis.
- Effective reporting and documentation to business and engineering stakeholders.
- Mentored a testing team on various applications as well as the processes and the methodologies.
- Communicated any schedule conflicts, resource time constraints to the project team.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionality and tested the application for web user security.
- Attended daily defect meetings and assisted with prioritization of defects.
- Define, implement, train and mentor team on IT quality standards, process and procedures
- Involved in all phases of SDLC and STLC and gathered requirements from BRD.
- Followed Agile Scrum methodology to analyze, define, and document the application, which will support functional and business requirements and coordinate these efforts with Functional Architects.
- Participated in client meetings to gather the requirements along BAs and address any gaps with the current functionality and required enhancements.
- Extensively Participated in Daily standups, Refinement sessions, Sprint planning and Retrospective meetings.
- Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the application and helped in developing detailed test plan and test cases.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium WebDriver.
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Helping development team in defining the scope for Unit testing. Although Unit testing is not in the scope of QA efforts but QA team helped delivery team in putting a process in place for Unit testing activities.
- Extensively participated in Cross-Browser Testing both Manual and using Selenium.
- Used Jira Test Management for updating the status of all the Test Cases & Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Receive appropriate approval and sign-off for all testing documentation.
- Executed all test cases according to the Test Plan, provide input to the Test Closure document why risk-based / priority testing was executed.
- Backend testing of the DB by writing SQL queries to test the integrity of the application.
- Worked with the BAs and Dev team to define and write Functional and change Requirements or User Stories with Acceptance Criteria.
- Escalated any challenges during testing to the appropriate resources in a timely manner.
- Performed Manual Testing of the application functionality to complete black box testing of the application.
- Creating and generating system test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspect of project functionality.
- Developed test cases for Functional testing, GUI testing and Usability testing to ensuring the quality of the application.
- Performed Regression and Re-Testing following any updates or bug fixes by the development team.
- Took part in the team bug review meeting.
- Responsible for logging the defects, keeping track of them and verifying the fix.
- Actively involved in writing the traceability matrix for the coverage of all the scenarios.
- Took part in status updates, weekly meetings and provided relevant feedback with value added analysis geared towards improving and optimizing testing strategy.
- Used Slack messaging tool for the team discussions.
- Successfully created test plans/test scenarios for multiple projects and delivered/ high quality warehouse systems and web-based systems:
- Digital ISBN project helps Follett systems to increase revenue by allowing multiple prices, rental durations, multiple download providers and formats for a single digital product. Daily updates on the testing Status and metrics to the team. Partnered with product/Business owners in deriving the test cases to ensure project testing covered all functional areas. Performed data warehouse testing on the data received. Also conducted functional and integration tests on every feed and build of the application and logged all defects in Trello/Jira/TFS.
Environment: Selenium, Java, Java Script, HTML, JIRA TFS and MySQL, Informix Windows 8, FileZilla, SAM, CT Central, SODA MMS,CARP, CARRR, winDSS, Oracle POS, WMS,WUX/RAR, OMS, efollett, Skyo, MTC, .Net, SQL exec, MS SQL server 2012, DAPR, Soap UI 5.2, JSON, Silk Central Manager, JIRA, Trello.