- Have 8+ years of experience as a QA engineer in software industry with proficiency in both manual and automation testing on Web Based Applications and Web Services.
- Have knowledge of different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile & Water - fall.
- Expertise in coding using Java Programming Language.
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases, Test Scripts based on the Business Requirement and Functional Specification Document.
- Extensive experience in automation testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit/ TestNG for web application
- Expert in Automation tools like Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE/ Grid and Appium.
- Experienced in manual testing and automate SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAPUI, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB parsers and using Middleware Testing and SOA Testing.
- Expertise in UI Automation using Selenium IDE, WebDriver and Firebug.
- Expertise in automating Restful API Services using Apache HTTP Client, TestNG and Apache POI and manually testing Restful API Services using Postman.
- Experience in writing and modifying TestNG/ JUnit test cases.
- Proficient with all levels of testing including Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Data Driven Testing & User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed/maintained Test Cases, Black Box testing, Defect tracking and reporting for both Manual and Automated Test environments.
- Extensive use of the defect-tracking tool like Rally/JIRA.
- Used GitHub for version control of testing files and also used Jenkins to create and run jobs.
- Strong expertise in designing and executing the SQL queries in MS SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle SQL Developer in order to ensure the data integrity and to perform the backend testing.
- Practical knowledge of writing SQL Queries.
- Good Familiarity with Mobile Testing tool Appium.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels within and outside of the organization.
Testing Tools: Selenium2.0 (IDE/ Web Driver), Postman, JUNIT, TestNG Firebug, Apache POI, JXL, Apache http Client, JAXB, Beginner A ppium
Dev. Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rally, JIRA
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, TOAD,MS SQL Server 2008/2012
IDEs: Postman, Eclipse, TOAD
Operating Systems: MAC, UNIX, Linux, Windows
Misc. Tools: Maven Build tool, Jenkins CI and Git version control tool, cool:gen
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss major features of the application, test cases to write and execute.
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Created Data Driven Framework to test with different sets of test data.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG .
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using ANT and Jenkins.
- Completed SOA testing using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web services testing.
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP and REST based web services to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance tests.
- Used Http Apache Client with various Http methods.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environments as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Worked on creating test cases for data-driven framework for selenium web driver
- Performed manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generated an analysis report with Quality Center.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Closely involved with the development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involved in analyzing Business requirements, specifications and development of Test Cases, executing & reviewing them.
- Prepared Smoke, Functional, and Regression Testing.
- Worked on Data Dr iven framework using JXL for functional automation using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java.
- Prepared test groups and test suites of Test Cases for different functionality tests and published reports using Maven.
- Developed TestNG tests for each Java based API in the Project and verified functionality by matching expected and actual output values.
- Created Test cases and performed Unit Testing using JUnit.
- Validated the Web Services (REST), both Request and Response messages using SOAP UI.
- Involved in creating XPATH, inserting different types of Assertions to check the quality of services.
- Used GIT as a version control tool.
- Collected feedback on Run Failures and reported bugs to Engineers in the product development team.
- Reported and tracked the bugs to closure using JIRA.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Defect report meetings periodically.
Environment: Agile, Java, Selenium, Firebug, FirePath, JXL, Page Object Model, Apache HTTP Client, JUnit, XML, Log4j, Oracle, SQL, Linux, JIRA, Windows, SOAP.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements, functional documents and preparation of Testing Test plans.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing Automated Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with a tool called Postman.
- Performing functional, regression, system, integration and database testing.
- Participated in test planning meetings and submitted test case Status during the meetings.
Environment: Agile, Selenium Web Driver, MS Office, Java, SQL, HTML, SQL Server, Windows, Oracle, TestNG, Eclipse IDE, JIRA, GIT.