- Software Testing Engineer with around 5 years of experience in Information Technology with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, technology (manual and automation) of Web based applications and Client server applications.
- Good understanding in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Defect Life Cycle, QA Strategy and QA Methodologies - (Agile & Waterfall).
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, TestNG/JUnit, Cucumber and HP Quality Center.
- Used Junit for Unit testing, TestNG in framework for test report and Functional testing.
- Extensive experience with writing test scenarios on Cucumber feature file.
- Having good exposure to integrated testing artefacts with Continuous Integration (CI) with Jenkins sever.
- Experienced in working on Selenium Web Driver automation script in Java. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross-browser.
- Extensive experience in implementing QA Methodologies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and test deliverables for various applications.
- Expert in Functional testing, Sanity testing, Integration testing Regression testing, Smoke testing, Black Box and white box testing, UI, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in writing CSS Selectors, Xpath expression to identify web elements.
- Experience in using Java as client library for Selenium WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using Junit and TestNG.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA and BugZilla etc.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Experience in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Automation Tools: Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber
Programming Languages: Java, HTML, XML
Test Framework: TestNG, Data Driven Framework
Databases: MYSQL, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows All variants, Linux
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA and QC ALM
Build Tools: Selenium for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a web app.
Process: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Web Debugging Tools: XPath, Firepath
Environment: Windows 8 and 10, web applications
- Performed requirement feasibility analysis and identified test scenarios/test objectives.
- Contributed to the preparation of the defect management, communication and Test scope sections of the test plan.
- Identified end-to-end test cases, regression suites and system test cases.
- Involved in Test data identification and gathering.
- Documented test cases and performed peer reviews on the team mate’s work.
- Responsible for Smoke and Sanity test.
- Performed elaborate functional testing for Admin module along with exploratory testing of the entire site.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on browsers Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- JIRA was used for issue tracking in case of environmental issues.
- HP ALM/Bugzilla was used for test management and defect management.
- Created a Traceability Matrix to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Prepared and sent test execution report and bug report.
Freelance Manual Tester
Environment: IOS, Windows
- Worked with Java developer team to send the files and data
- Coordinate and execute Quality Assurance against Use case requirements and specifications
- Developed Test Plan, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix based on Use case requirements
- Worked on FTP for file transfer testing process
- Developing, Inspecting and Reviewing the Quality Assurance Test cases
- Performed SQL queries for back end testing on DB2 for conversions to verify the test data
- Responsible for any testing procedures during the immediate turn over or adhoc queries.
- Coordinated White box testing, Black box testing, Integration testing and UAT testing
- Worked on defect management assigning, validation, status of the defects
- Responsible for 24/7 test batch support and resolved related problems
- Involved in analysing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web Drivers.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java, TestNG.
- Performed Regression and Integration Testing using TestNG framework and executed assertions.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, and Eclipse.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Configured Continuous Integration environment, using Jenkins to kick off daily builds and automation suites Jenkins and GitHub.
- Perform different types of testing Smoke, Functional, GUI, Integration, System, Regression, User Acceptance and Production support.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify and locate elements as needed, along with creating custom Xpath using xml functions.
- Involved in validating Sanity, functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the WebServices (SOA) through SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Quality Center.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.