- 8+ years experienced QA Automation Engineer specialized in Selenium, Java and Hadoop/Big data technologies.
- Significant experience with Automation Testing both Selenium and Cucumber with Java as a language for test automation.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop stack and storage technologies like HDFS, HIVE and HBASE.
- Developed Apache HIVE scripts for business analyst requirements.
- Expertise in leading Automation Testing methodologies with specialization in UI Automation and Restful API Automation.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to change a few hundreds of customer card member details data at a time to deploy them in Production.
- Automated the QA development process by leveraging the open source tools Jenkins and Bitbucket.
- Experience in writing Application Programming Interface using JDBC to connect to various Databases and HIVE.
- Extensive knowledge in understanding Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements Document and Software Requirement Specifications.
- Good experience in developing Automation framework and test functions using Java.
LANGUAGES: Java, Shell script, JDBC, SQL, Apache HIVE, Apache HBASE, Spring Boot, Cucumber and Oracle
TOOLS: & TECHNOLOGIES: Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, IntelliJ, SQL Developer, HP ALM, TestNG, Jenkins and Apache JMeter
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows and Linux
SR AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- Responsible for Designing, coding, testing, documenting and deploying applications.
- Evaluate current data platform and new technology trends and implementations to support future organizational growth and global expansion.
- Assist in programming, build, test and deployment. Enhance software to eliminate code errors, make code changes, perform code reviews and optimize code. Conduct use case analysis against code logic and develop new automation in Java.
- Providing ongoing technical guidance and direction for the development teams.
- Architect, design, construct, test, tune, deploy and support Data Integration solutions for Hadoop.
- Responsible for understanding complex Business requirements and translates into technical specifications.
- Uses highest level of subject matter expertise to decide on data modeling, data source and data quality.
- Reengineer existing system and automate as needed.
- Responsible for implementing and delivering solutions with Big Data platforms like Hadoop.
- Work closely with the Scrum team and Data Scientist to achieve company business objectives.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop solutions. standards and error recovery procedures are deployed; ensuring a high degree of data quality.
- Responsible to collaborate with developers, analysts and subject matter experts on projects to test product.
- Design and develop applications using Java EE & JDBC.
- Responsible for delivering quality products with the support of BDD.
- Responsible for testing Restful API and web - based Applications.
SR AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- Participated in the Sprint planning meetings, Sprint Backlog meetings, Sprint Retrospective meetings and in the Go-NO Go meetings.
- Developed test cases using sophisticated test management tool called Zephyr for Jira.
- Created bugs using bug tracking product Jira.
- Source to Target Data Validation, Transformation and Business Rules.
- Build SQL queries and execute in Oracle.
- Involved in System testing, Integration testing, Re-testing and Regression Testing.
- To carry out all testing activities (i.e. Test Plan and Strategy preparation, Test case Preparation, executing test cases, raising the issues etc.) in accordance with the project's test strategy.
- Performed Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL statements.
- Develop Oracle PL/SQL data structures to automate business processes.
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems.
- Ensures that the mappings are correct and conducted data validation testing.
- Developed test scripts and functional libraries.
- Tested the libraries against the different environments.
- Analyzed the root causes for failure of scripts, taking necessary corrective actions and to see that the scripts are fixed.
- Prepared MIS reports on scheduled work plans and achieved status.
- Coordinated with internal teams for successful running of all the developed scripts and solving the bottlenecks time-to-time.
- Handling communication errors between BAT and CMUI, correcting and resolving the same for the further processes.
- Coordination with other IT component users with the identified errors and suggesting necessary corrections for a smooth process.
- Looking after the failure scheduled BAT jobs and checking log files, fixing all the errors and re-scheduling the same job and ensuring the job completeness.
- Modification of existing code in the failure scheduled jobs due to code error and committing the new code to Production for non-recurrence of the same issue.
- Fixing the Report generation codes of Phones/ Users/ Gateways/ Ports from BAT and ensuring the correctness.
- Reviewed specifications and business requirements and created test plans.
- Evaluated business rules and prepared Test Cases and performed manual and automated testing.
- Coordinated with the client's Leads to calculate effort estimates and duration plans for QA tasks.
- Gathered the Test Input Data, which includes Precondition, Test Results and Test Regression Data.
- Implemented changes to test management practice by moving test case development into the HP Quality Center 9.1, from MS Excel, Word, and other manual methods.
- Developed defect reports and test progress reports on a weekly basis for senior management.
- Supported production releases during maintenance windows.