- Around 8+ years of experience in IT with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web - based applications.
- Involved in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementing Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Junit /TestNG, HP ALM/Quality Center JIRA.
- Good experience in Selenium Webdriver Test Environment setup expert using the entire open source tools.
- Experienced in making Data Driven and Keyword Driven framework to maintain test suite.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including test planning, and scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing, back end Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Well versed with LoadRunner for performance testing of various web based applications.
- Enhanced Vuser script in Load Runner for Parameterization, Transaction point, Rendezvous point and Correlation.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Has very strong exposure on Performance using JMeter.
- Experienced in API Testing as a part of integration testing with SOAP Web services.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Restful API Web Service Testing.
- Extensively experienced in using Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing Junit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Strong working knowledge of Java, .Net, Visual Basic, Oracle on both UNIX and Windows operating systems, capable of working both as a team player and independently.
- Expertise in backend testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MySQL.
- Defined and track bugs using HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) and JIRA.
- Proficient in writing Selenium Webdriver automation scripts in JAVA using Maven automation testing for Web Applications.
- Extensive experience in testing tools like TFS, MTM, HP ALM Quality Center etc.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experienced understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, C# and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Flexible, multi-tasked, responsible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal communication and leadership skills to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM/Quality Center, TestNG, Jmeter, Load Runner
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, Jira, Cucumber, TFS
Languages: Java, Java Script,SQL, PL/SQL, UML
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX and Linux.
Confidential - Dulles, TX
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE/SCRUM environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Used Modular Framework design with Loose Coupling of all the modules.
- Performed TDD (Test driven data development) Functional Black Box, Regression testing and UAT testing on CI/CD Environment.
- Made software defects reproducible and enter them into bug tracking systems such as Jira.
- Performed functional testing on Patron reports and report generator.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Very good experience in Accessibility testing used to test the application by different roles so as to test the access to different kinds of users for different modules/links in the application.
- Performed Manual Functionality testing, Integration testing on Client server and Web applications(Middleware).
- Working with a partner team who are developing the web application(Middleware) content and user interface design
- Tested the Application in different Web Browsers and on Multiple Platforms-UNIX, Linux and Windows.
- Involved in writing Test Plan for the web application(Middleware) after analyzing the specifications and business requirements
- Verified the links, verbiage, content, tab order, accessiblity (ADA and 508 compliance) for the web based application.
- Performed end to end testing of the application and dataflow from web based application to middleware to the backend database.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through Xpath, CSS Locators.
- Used Git and GitHub as Version Control and Jenkins for Continuous Integration purposes.
- Created test cases to perform different types of testing such as positive/negative, functional/regression, interface, black box, screen navigational testing, smoke/sanity testing, exploratory testing or Backend testing.
- Created and customized scripts using programming language and testing tools Selenium with Java and TestNG for data-driven testing of systems.
- Responsible for Automating Web Services API testing with Soap UI, and Postman.
- Designed and developed automation scripts with POM (Page Object Model)
- Did performance testing to ascertain how the components of a system are performing in a particular situation.
- Used Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework/Cucumber to write acceptance tests for web application.
- Developed test scripts for service calls and rendered data through XML files. Used BDD with, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline.
- Involved in Test Execution of Rest API using Postman client and verify log files for API flows, Verification of Database for the correct values and compare with Front end.
- Extensively involved in Backend testing of SQL Queries using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Involved in Planning, Scheduling, Tracking, Reporting Status and Managing Issues for Testing using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Performed SOA testing for API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with SQL Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Involved in creating, running and maintaining the scripts according to enhanced requirements using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created SQL statements for backend data base validation.
Confidential - VA
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in the SDLC of requirement analysis, design and development test cases of the web based application in the fast paced Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Created Detailed Test Plan, Test Approach, Test Matrix, Test Strategy documents based on the information gathered through business requirements and design/application walkthroughs.
- Tested web services by generating XML SOAP requests and validated the corresponding XML SOAP responses.
- Combined individual unit tests and functional tests into end-to-end flow test scripts using selenium WebDriver
- Updated selenium based regression test cases based on the various client requests and feature releases.
- Enhanced the existing automation framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Created and executed JMeter scripts for performance testing of portal
- Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs
- Provided support in the performance testing using JMeter for developing test plan, test script and reports.
- Involved in loading and validating the WSDLS in SOAP UI and preparing the Request XMLs
- Analyzed existing test cases to develop automation test scripts using Selenium .
- Done the API testing Using SOAPUI tool creating customers and validate in Back end and front end systems.
- Ran the Automated Regression suite and analyzed results and file bugs.
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Wrote scripts for testing using Java in Selenium WebDriver by following TestNG framework.
- Responsible in executing java WebDriver test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http Java Test Client for REST web APIs.
- Performed Automation testing, Black box testing methods -Functional, Integration, System and Acceptance testing.
- Wrote complex queries to perform the backend testing of the Oracle database using PL/SQL developer and UNIX shell commands.
- Worked with developer regarding web service signature and enhanced the framework for all supported web services using Soap UI.
- Added properties, property transfer to validate multiple Web Services calls for Restful Services.
- Tested APIs (both Restful and SOAP) manually as well as through automation using Restful APIs.
- Written positive and negative test cases based on requirements, and specifications, flow charts, process diagrams and executed them.
- Created automated scenarios using Selenium for regression and Data Driven testing.
- Executed Test Cases with respect to Source and Target database tables.
- Written SQL queries in database to validate reports against the database.
Environment: HP ALM/Quality Center, Agile, UAT, SOAP UI, Rest, GIT, Cucumber, TFS, Selenium WebDriver, XML, Java, XML, TestNG, API, GUI, SQL, Oracle, Junit, Window, MS Office.
Confidential - Bentonville, AR
QA Automation Tester
- Performed quality assurance using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG
- Managed the Change Requests and verifying in the HP ALM/Quality Center and assigning them to respective Dev team members.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Provided support in the performance testing using Loadrunner for further development of possible test plans, test scripts and reports.
- Created Loadrunner Test Cases to measure performance and functionality of different servers like network, application, database and web.
- Executed scenarios using performance center and analyzed the results using Load Runner Analysis.
- Involved in writing and re-writing UAT test scripts and performing Regression testing of the application which was under Agile Environment.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing
- Reported and reviewed the defects with development team using HP ALM.
- Working with CI/CD Principles According to Organizational Standards.
- Wrote complex SQL scripts for Backend testing and Frontend Data validations.
- Created Test lab reports and defect reports on a daily basis.
- Worked as front-end web developer utilizing HTML5, CCS3, SASS, JSON objects
- Written SQL queries to validate data against the Business Object Reports.
- Investigated software bugs and interacted with Dev team to resolve bug issues using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Developed UI Automation scripts using Java to implement test cases where it makes sense.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries to check the data integrity.
- Effectively involve in logging bugs, reviewing solved bugs and analyzing test result using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Performed Soap for API Testing.