- A highly motivated and detail oriented SDET/Test engineer with over 2 years of experience in the IT Industry.
- Skilled in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Mobile Testing, API Web Services Testing with Client - Server Applications.
- Expertise in Automation Testing using Selenium WebDriver, Java, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Rest Assured, and JDBC.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Defect Life Cycle management and Agile, Scrum, Test-Driven Development methodologies.
- Involved in various Agile Ceremonies such as Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective and Daily Standup Meetings.
- Advanced knowledge on analyzing, designing and implementing QA Testing strategies.
- Expert in identifying and reporting defects using various defect tracking tools (JIRA).
- Key expertise includes UI Testing in a Multi Testing Environment using automated testing with Selenium WebDriver and JAVA Programming in Eclipse & IntelliJ IDEs.
- Experienced in using Version Control tools like Git and GitHub.
- Expertise in using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Developed feature files using Gherkin Language on Cucumber.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for Back-end Testing and performing Database Testing on Oracle RDBMS.
- Extensive experience in Developing Test Automation Frameworks with Data Driven and Behavior Driven Framework approach using Selenium WebDriver with Java.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and excellent relationship and collaboration with the team members.
Frameworks: TDD, Cucumber BDD, Selenium TestNG, Protractor
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Selenium Grid, Rest Assured, JDBC, Rest Assured, Appium
Tools: JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Jira, Jira X-ray, Bitbucket
Databases: Oracle, MySQL
Project Methodology: Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Design Patterns: Singleton, Page Object Model (POM)
IDE: IntelliJ, Eclipse, SQL developer, Postman, Visual Studio
Confidential, TYSONS, VA
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Participated in Agile Scrum methodology, attended daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Review meetings.
- Developed and maintained Cucumber BDD and DDT Frameworks.
- Developed Automation Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and feature files using Selenium WebDriver , Java, JUnit, Gherkin and Maven .
- Used Cucumber for entire Regression Tests and Functional Tests with Selenium WebDriver as the primary tool for Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Used Jenkins for nightly build execution and sent status mail to the team if the build failed.
- Used Maven as a build management tool, GIT for version control, Jenkins for Continuous Integration and JIRA as a Defect-Tracking tool.
- Executed Automated Test Cases for Regression and analyzed test failures for defects.
- Executed Positive and Negative Test cases and logged defects in Jira .
- Developed the JUnit Test Cases for different Web-based applications using IntelliJ IDE .
- Created HTML (Extent), Cucumber JSON reports with detailed tests steps and screenshots.
- Extended Data Driven framework and developed re-usable methods across the application.
- Performed Back-end Testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries with JDBC to make sure the contents displayed on the UI was correct as per requirements specifications.
- Experienced in setup and configuration of AWS EC2 instances for Jenkins .
- Performed parallel testing by using Selenium Grid .
- Worked with Java Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept.
- Worked with Postman and Rest Assured library to perform API Testing.
- Supported Functional Testing on-demand basis to meet the testing deadlines.
- Was actively involved in and worked with other team members to coordinate our testing efforts during the End-to-end and UAT Testing of the project.
Confidential, TYSONS, VA
Test Automation Engineer
- Worked on existing Cucumber BDD and TDD Testing Framework using Selenium WebDriver and Page Object Model .
- As a cross-functional team member in an Agile environment, worked closely with the Product Owner to analyze the Acceptance Criteria for User Stories .
- Completed automation of Sprint User Stories based on the Acceptance Criteria .
- Implemented Cucumber , Java automation for building the Smoke and Regression Test suites.
- Created HTML (Extent) reports with detailed tests steps and screenshots.
- Designed Data Driven Tests to perform Backend Testing, fetched data from the database using SQL queries. Used JDBC to connect Oracle Database.
- Automated the Test Cases using Java , Maven , Selenium WebDriver , TestNG, Gherkin, JUnit by using Eclipse and IntelliJ as an IDE .
- Tested RESTful API using Rest Assured library and Postman .
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds and scheduled period builds using Git as an object repository.
- Ability to execute Test Cases in multiple browsers such as Chrome , Firefox , Safari, Internet Explorer .
Confidential, FAIRFAX, VA
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Worked with strict deadlines to execute manual test cases on processed reports on a regular basis.
- Conduct integrated quality assurance testing for data stored on an enterprise level software application.
- Automated reports for more than 180 corporate clients.
- Ensured and verified the payroll operations had been made timely and accurately .
- Verified the paychecks and pay-rates against the data provided by the employer.
- Updates payroll Database to reflect all additions, deletions and changes to employee Database including, but not limited to new hires, terminations, benefit plan deductions, tax withholdings and address changes.
- Reviews reports for accuracy; identifies errors/corrections and prepares requests for record adjustments as appropriate.
- Regularly performed and reviewed internal audits on previously processed data to ensure they computed accurately.