- Having 5+ years of IT and extensive hands on experience in (Manual / Automated) testing with expertise in requirement gathering, analysis, quality assurance through manual testing, automation testing and Web service/API testing.
- Agile Program management, JIRA - Agile Scrum/Kanban, Bug Cycle management, SDLC design advice using JIRA
- Having good experience in developing high-end automation frameworks responsible for accurate and balanced quality software products execution and maintenance.
- Designed & Developed Selenium Web Driver automation suite using Java and C# bindings. Well versed in using QTP/UFT for quality control management.
- Experience in creating, consuming and testing a web services using SOAP UI and Restful.
- Have experience using GIT and SVN for Source Control and Jenkins for CI & CD.
- Strong experience within Agile environment and good understanding of Agile & Scrum methodologies. Experience working with Agile Management tool JIRA, Rally.
- Professional experience in Automation testing using Selenium Web Driver and QTP/UFT.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) using Visual Studio Online (TFS) and Jenkins.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using Postman and Rest Assured for both Automation and Manual Testing Rest API.
- Expert in Leading QA Projects and mentoring Team Members .
- Hands on experience on Test Estimation, Test Planning, Test Scheduling, Test Designing, Defect reporting and tracking, Test result analysis..
- Performed Black Box, OBIEE testing, Performance Testing, Regression, Disaster Recovery and Validation testing during the testing life cycle of the product release.
- Experienced in managing defect life cycle using HP Quality Center/ALM, Microsoft Test Manager (MTS).
- Extensively involved in middleware application testing by using XML messages through SOAP UI and Advanced RESTFUL Services.
- Strong ability to understand and document critical data through effective data collection, data analysis and data interpretation.
- Strong problem solving skills and very good time management skills.
- Ability to master new technologies quickly.
MS Office Tools: MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Microsoft Project, MS One Note.
Programming Languages: HTML, CSS, Java, Java Script, XML, CSS, EclipseDatabases
MySQL, Oracle, SQL ServerFrameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Modular, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Operating Systems: Windows 7,8, 10, Ubuntu, Linux, Mac
Defect Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center/ALM, Rally, Bugzilla, GIT
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Utilities: Eclipse, SVN, Fire Bug, Fire Path.
Functional Testing Tools: Selenium Suite (Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Remote Control, Selenium Grid), HP ALM, HP UFT/QTP
Sr. QA Automation Consultant
- Primarily responsible for designing/Updates to Automation Framework and test scenarios for the User Stories assigned in every Sprint, prepare test data for the same and get them reviewed by PO’s.
- Design & Develop automation framework using Selenium Java, Web Driver, TestNG&apache POI
- Converted existing QTP/UFT Script to Selenium Web driver script to support multiple browsers and multi- platform using Java, Selenium, and TestNG.
- Executed performance tests simulating production-level backend traffic via ordering and billings apps invoked via the front-end. This performance testing was summarized in management reports and presentations.
- Evaluated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues.
- Evaluated existing architecture and implemented changes based on Atlassian best practices.
- Created new permission scheme to restrict anonymous users to access confidential projects.
- Created a step by step guide to create a project in JIRA and help project leads to manage projects
- Perform manual testing of the new features/functionalities in Local environment, report defects. Upon fixing, pull the latest code and retest
- Convert manual test cases into automated test scripts, run them against Local build initially before executing them against latest build deployed on Test environment
- Gathering requirements, project scoping and analysis based on user needs and project expectations, by coordinating with business stakeholders, architects and IT team.
- Performed architectural assessments for vendor evaluation on functional aspects of the Application Development(AD)
- Analyzed the Customer Forms and the waves of their deployment in terms of their urgency and confidentiality for the business stakeholders, re-designing forms into templates for the application
- Supported UAT users and testers by educating them with the systems and business data knowledge
- Assist developers and provide additional support in integrating their code with the main stream.
- Responsible for overseeing the deliverables, reviewing all test activities throughout the release of all test phases
- As a member of the Scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- To develop test plan, testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity.
- To design, monitor, and analyze quality assurance metrics such as defect counts, test results, test status, and resolution of defects.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Business Objects XIR3, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripts, MLOAD, FLOAD, Spring boot 1.1.5, Oracle, JIRA, SQL Plus, Access, SOAP UI, XML, XML Spy, SQL, VB Script
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
QA Test Analyst
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center 10.
- Created test case documents in MS Excel template from the Test Plan and the Business Requirements documents.
- Creating/reporting defects inside client JIRA.
- Responsible for writing, maintaining, running and analyzing results received from Load, Stress and Performance tests.
- Involved in the module wise execution of HP QTP /HP UFT Scripts.
- Tested several Informatics Mappings to validate the business conditions.
- The reports that were created in Business Objects were testing by running the SQL statements.
- Involved in development of VB script function libraries and Descriptive programming by using UFT.
- Testing has been done based on Change Requests and Defect Requests.
- Uploaded requirements into Quality Center and responsible for assigning the tasks in the Quality Center.
- Responsible for execution and reporting of Manual, Regression, Automation and Performance Testing.
- Extensively involved with backend testing by writing complex SQL queries.
- Using UFT, Converted manual test cases to automation test scripts, Developed automation test framework for HP Quality Center, QTP / HP UFT.
- Assisted in creation of Test plan documents with the lead and created numerous test scripts and test case documents and Traceability matrices.
- Performed risk assessed Functionality Testing.
- Extensively worked on Oracle DB and queried the DB using TOAD.
- Effectively communicated the requirements and helped the offshore team in understanding the requirements and arranged meetings with the business analysts.
- Scheduled the jobs using Auto sys and automated the jobs to be run at specific time and automated the reports.
- Coordinated UAT with Business Users for all releases, production defects and application enhancements.
- Written UNIX scripts to perform certain tasks and assisting developers with problems and SQL optimization.
Environment: Quality Center, UFT/QTP, VBScript, MS, SQL, SOAP UI, JIRA, AGILE, SQL *Loader, Autosys, JCL, Mainframes, Toad, UNIX Shell Scripting, Windows XP/2000.
Confidential, New York
QA Automation Engineer
- Working in Agile Scrum Environment.
- Working as a Project Administrator HP ALM/Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Identifying manual test cases for Test Automation and check for the feasibility.
- Develop Test Plan, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix.
- Documentation of Automation framework design and methods.
- Identifying the Reusable functionality and make it as methods for code reusability and maintainability .
- Create and Maintain Test data for individual scripts.
- Designing the automation scripts using TestNG Annotations.
- Maintaining the Selenium scripts in SVN repository.
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel.
- Review automation scripts and provides comments accordingly
- Update and Maintain regression suite for every release
- Prepare Daily and Weekly status reports and share with the management
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams (Dev, BA, PM, Product Owner) as a part of AGILE environment.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Agile Methodology, Log4j, SVN, JIRA.