- Over 7 Years of progressive experience in the field of Information Technology specialized in Software Quality Assurance, Analysis and Development.
- Proficient in Manual and Automated software Quality Assurance testing of Web and Client/Server applications.
- Expertise in preparing Test plans, Test Cases for manual and automated testing.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in the use of agile approaches and Scrum.
- Good knowledge of analyzing and understanding the Domain and Business Logic.
- Experience in Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Back end testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Proficient in using HP provided automated testing tools such as Jira and Version one.
- Experienced in Mobile automation and Testing API and UI (iOS and Android).
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing.
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Programming using Java.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experience in Working with databases like Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL Server.
- Successful in achieving the targets in very tight schedules and proven ability to analyze, plan, manage and motivate.
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills. Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments. Known for exceeding goals and objectives.
Testing Tools: Quality center, Jira, Version one, Postman (REST API), Perfecto Cloud.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium Grid, RC, IDE, Selenium Web driver, Ruby - Cucumber, (IDE), Watir, TESTNG, Eclipse, Ruby mine.
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle
Web Debugging Tool: CSS selector, Bugzilla
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Defect Tracking Tools: HP-Quality Center, Jira.
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Toad, Teradata.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2012/XP, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Performing leading activities, coordinating with requirements and business team for knowledge on functionalities to best automate systems in financial sector.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium (Appium) cucumber framework for both iPhone and Android device.
- Created Page Object Model (POM) framework to automate the application (iPhone and android).
- Worked on Mobile testing in API and UI. Created Automation suite for Native Mobile app for both iOS and Android.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Appium web driver for both android and iPhone devices.
- Monitored and tracked mobile devices as well as mobile-device-related issues associated with security compliance.
- Working with offshore team, review the test case design, preparing test strategy, status update, worked on automation scripts used Gradle Build, TestNg, Eclipse.
- Analyzed the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and or test data verification purposes.
- Automated the test cases for several types of hand-held devices covering android and iOS using Appium tool.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
- Used TestNG for writing unit test cases and executing them as a test suite.
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis, defect logging and bug tracking HP-ALM.
- Performed RESTFUL functional web services testing using Postman Tool.
- Used Bitbucket version control system for source code maintenance.
- Tested Micro Service stories using Postman Tool.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution
- Created test data using mainframes.
- Agile process followed participated in Grooming meeting and sprint planning meetings.
Environment: Java, TestNG, Cucumber, Firebug, Selenium Web driver, Appium, MYSQL, Eclipse, REST, Bitbucket, Gradle, Jenkins, Version one, Perfecto Cloud, SQL, Blue Ocean (main frames).
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Automation Framework development in Ruby/JRuby Cucumber using Selenium-Watir, Ruby, Bundler gem, YAML for Test Data, and Cucumber Gherkins for testing Web based application.
- Using Page Object and Page Factory modules of ruby gems to organize and maintain Automation framework.
- Developed Ruby-Cucumber Step-Definitions for Rest API testing using Rest Client gem and usage of Soap UI or Postman tools.
- Extensively used RUBY CUCUMBER framework to test the web application.
- Designed of Ruby/Cucumber framework for windows application and performed manual and automated testing using Ruby/Cucumber for a web-based application.
- Responsible for writing Gherkins and step definitions for the user stories every sprint.
- Used Watir and Page Objects to develop test scripts in ruby and used Rautomation, win32ole for windows-based application.
- Implemented and established the Quality Assurance and Software Testing process to be more effective in dealing with business realities such as changing requirements during development.
- Created User Acceptance test cases and automated those test cases.
- Test case creation in Ruby according to the user stories and performing regular and regression automation testing.
- Involved in test case walkthrough with users and getting signoff from users.
- Developed Automation scripts for Web Applications, Windows Application, REST APT(JSON).
- Involved in testing the application for regression builds, manually and using automation tools.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Used GitHub version control for code checkout.
- Presented the Acceptance Criteria in Gherkin format
- Converted acceptance Criteria to automated tests using Ruby/Cucumber.
- Developed new Automation test cases using selenium WebDriver and TestNG
- Converted acceptance Criteria to automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Created and provided QA Metrics (summary and progress report) to management on a weekly basis.
- Participation in daily scrum standups, 3-amigos and IPMs.
- Presenting and participating Show and Tells, presenting functionalities for Business sign off.
Environment : Quality Center, GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium WebDriver, Watir, Teradata, TOAD, Ruby, Cucumber, SOAPUI, REST, and Web Applications, Oracle, HTML, CSS, XML, UNIX.
- Interacted with Project manager, business analysts and developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Created automated TestSuite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Performed white box testing using JUnit for class, method, & web services testing
- Design and prepared test plans for White Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / Junit).
- Created automation scripts in SoapUI
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
- Analyzed functional requirements and documented the user specifications and business rules.
- Involved in writing Test Plans and Test cases documents.
- Designed automated test, created automated test cases and executed test using Selenium.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Junit.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Validated sites across browsers and operating systems, verified the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications.
- Performed Unit testing with Junit framework.
- Prepared a Report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
Environment: Java, Junit, Selenium RC, Selenium, Eclipse, TOAD