Skilled Professional with 8+ years of experience in Software Test Engineering and Quality Assurance with competitive leadership skills seeking a challenging position in the IT industry. Senior QA Engineer with 8+ years of IT experience, expertise in Automation UI and Web Services Testing, Accessibility, Performance Testing and Object - Oriented Programming Concepts. Possess strong knowledge in Agile/Scrum Methodology in Software Testing and Development and well-versed in development of Automated CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery) Tools. Possess 4+ years of working experience in programming languages such as Java (Selenium), Ruby (Capybara) and VB Script.
Languages: Ruby, Selenium, VB Script, Java, GraphQL
Software Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Cucumber, GraphQL APIs, Grafana, Akkeris, Ruby, Appium, AppliTools, Circle CI, Gunter, Work Soft Certify, Jira, QTP (HP UFT), Quality Center (HP ALM),SOAP UI, POSTMAN, Bamboo, Jenkins(CI/CD) & Confluence, GitHub, Sauce Labs, Microsoft TFS, Mobile Testing (Android and iOS devices), JMeter, Fiddler, Accessibility Testing (JAWS 2.0) and Amazon Web Services.
Database: Oracle Developer, SQL Developer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Genesis platform
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8.1/7/XP, Mac OS, Unix
Confidential, Salt Lake City, Utah
Software Test Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining Test Automation framework by writing, augmenting Ruby Test Scripts and Test Libraries for custom software, supervise and monitor Confidential .
- Worked on RESTful Web Services Testing using SOAPUI and GraphQL API Testing.
- Knowledge on Appium framework for Mobile iOS Testing in TestFlight version and Test Environment.
- Work with Cloud Services, save and store Reports in AWS S3 server and modify the data accordingly.
- Keep Track of Test Environment and Project Builds. Demo new features to the Client Services Teams and contribute in Alpha Testing of Product before Software launch.
- Built Continuous Integration/ Continuous Development pipelines in CircleCI for our web apps.
- Understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, REST APIs, JSON, and XML (web technologies).
- Testing responsiveness on desktop and mobile web (iOS, Android, and Windows)
- Well versed in ADA Compliance and Accessibility Testing with JAWS screen reader (on Windows)
- Responsible for Defect Management and Reporting, Requirements Management through JIRA.
- Perform Visual Regression Smoke Tests using AppliTools Testing.
- Perform (project-level) test lead duties when needed, to include stakeholder discussions, test strategy formation, team member mentoring, and deliverable status tracking and reporting
- Validate cross browser compatibility testing (IE11, Safari, Firefox) in Sauce Labs.
- Validate the Bug fixes in Test Environment and execute Regression Tests for Quality Checks. Monitoring Software Application Health and track the statistics for project metrics.
- Presenting Demos to the Internal teams for newly Developed Scripts worked throughout Sprints. Have done Test Scripts and possess profound knowledge on JMeter Load Testing.
- Contribute to Software Design and Testing followed by Peer Code Reviews in GitHub. Resolve any Test Engineering Buggy items and develop a Strategic Solution for fixing them.
- Coordinate with Cross-Development Teams for Code promotions in different Work (Production and Test) environments and responsible for End to End Integration Testing.
- Involved in Project life cycle phases of Requirement Analysis, Writing Technical Design Documents, API and User Acceptance Testing.
- Work closely with Scrum Team members to evangelize and emphasis on Quality through the entire SDLC.
- Work with other Test Engineering Team to ensure Automation and Test Harnesses Creation and maintenance is upheld from Sprint to Sprint. Work with Product and Development team to create Test Strategies/Test Plans.
Confidential, Louisville, Kentucky
Senior QA Engineer
- Expertise in Understanding and Analyzing Test Requirements, Tracking changes and maintenance of Test Requirements.
- Proficient in Test Automation using UFT (Formerly QTP), Cucumber, Selenium Tools.
- Strong Experience in Automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with the TestNG framework.
- Strong Experience in Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and TestNG.
- Well versed with Handling Elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Experience in Data driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test execution in CUCUMBER, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Ensures Functional and Regression test case quality is maintained through peer reviews and test case review meetings
- Works with Sprint and Release QA Leads to ensures Test Coverage and Traceability are obtained across all tracks
- Works with Sprint and Release QA Leads to ensure Automation and Test Harnesses creation and maintenance is upheld from Sprint to Sprint
- Responsible for defect tracking and accuracy of defects logged
- Works with QA Leads and the Project Team on Sprint planning and weekly Micro Deliverables (detailed in the Sprint Planning section)
- Works closely with the Release QA Lead and the Project team on Sprint Planning and micro checkpoints during the sprint and ensures all tracks are building driving toward the same objectives for each Release (Munchkin, Toto etc.)
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Experience with testing of native clients on desktop & mobile platforms (Android or iOS) utilizing both physical devices and running on simulators/emulators.
- Responsible for doing End to End testing in the Mobility apps in Test Environment and Production Store.
- Worked on creation of Project related documents in Confluence tool and integrating the issues and defects associated to them in JIRA .
- As a part of Agile methodology process, involved in 3 - Week Sprint Cycle Process consisting of one or more Hardening Cycles depending on the Enhancements and Defect fixes.
- Execution of Manual Test Cases with Manual Runner in QC . Created Hardening Cycles for the Active Sprints in Test Lab from Test Plan in Quality Center.
- Provide Requirement Traceability Matrix by mapping Test cases to defects.
- Validation of data of the mobile apps from the Store Façade Web Services and Genesis database services.
- Validating the Mobile app data from the Fiddler Service Tool in order to check for the correctness of the web elements of the app.
- Worked on creation of Functional Test Summary Report after the completion of the Hardening Cycle as a QA sign-off to the Customers.
- Creation of Sprint Turnover Report to the Customers after the completion of Sprints, which specifies the number of User Stories completed for the Sprint, number of issues worked on and yet to be covered in order to keep track of User Stories and Tech Stories for a project.
- Responsible for updating the Test Plan documents and Test Summary reports in Confluence.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, Utah
QA Lead/Onsite Coordinator
- Worked as Onsite Lead, served as a single point of contact handling a Team of 4 Offshore associates.
- Expertise in Agile/Scrum Methodology process involving in Product testing in a piece of work cycles called “Sprints”
- Being part of Continuous Integration and Delivery project, worked on deploying the Project’s Legacy Code into different environments (Prod, QA and DEV).
- Managed Offshore Team in Regression Testing execution by having daily status calls and coordinated with the onsite team for issue clarification and resolution.
- Analyzed issues identified by Offshore Team, got those prioritized by the Product Owners and worked with Development Team in resolving the issues.
- Was responsible to maintain the Process and Workflow, resembling the Defect cycle in JIRA tool.
- Create and add the Fix Versions to the items in the Current Sprint or Next Sprint based on code check-ins.
- Worked with Business Analysts, gathered the Business Requirements, prepared Test Plan Documents and Business Use cases, prepared Test Strategy with Scenarios and then Documenting Test Cases out of it.
- Provided Regression Test coverage for both Automation and Manual Test Scripts
- Played a crucial role in various product design reviews and modifying requirements.
- Created Bamboo Builds for various environments and do release coordination of Project Releases.
- Executed the Ruby Test Scripts as a Validation Testing in different environments during Release Cycles.
- Worked on code reviewing, commit and merging of the automation code in GitHub branches.
- Verification and Validation of Image Properties and Content Management Services from Cloud Platform “Amazon Web Services (AWS)”.
- Worked on Mobile Testing of applications in both Android and iOS devices.
- Worked in multiple browsers testing in Sauce Labs. Also, has hands-on experience in executing Automated Test Scripts on Sauce labs.
- Familiar with Bamboo Builds and the automated deployment of builds. Created Bamboo Deploys and deploy the code to Dev, QA and Production environments.
- Actively involved and coordinated in testing the application across different teams.
- Played Key role in Daily and Weekly Sprint Releases, Sprint Planning, Scrum Meetings, Review and Retrospective meetings.
- Handled Release coordination between cross-functional teams during the Project Code Releases.
- Expertise in testing application modules like GUI testing, appreciation dashboard (Wall of fame), Currency Conversion factors on Budget, Pricing of the Products etc.,
- Initiate Daily Calls with onsite coordinator and assign tasks to our project team members at offshore
- Manage and Coordinate with Onsite Team in case of any issues
- Documenting the Test Cases based on Test Plan Document Scenarios.
- Responsible for reviewing test cases documented by the team and preparing Test Plans.
- Based on Test Scenarios and Test Plan documents, gathered data for creating Automation Test Scripts
- Created Smoke and Regression Test Scripts and Sanity Tests for Specific Code Release Cycles.
- Executed Test cases using Work Soft Certify
- Logged Defects and based on the Severity of defects, reported them to the Development team.
- Responsible for Creating, executing and Requirements Test Coverage through Certify tool.
- Tracking the number of defects logged in a current release and updating the results to the onsite coordinator in order to minimize the defect leakage ratio
- Worked on Execution and Generation of Test Results in Certify.
- Generated Result Viewer Report and get it reviewed by the Client Coordinator.
- Preparation of Requirements Traceability matrix based on Documented Test cases.
- Preparing Status Reports on Offshore daily assignments and notifying it to the Onsite Team on a Daily basis.
- Identifying Project Metrics by comparing Actual Efforts towards the Estimated Efforts of the team to determine Productivity and Test the Effectiveness of the Project.