- 5+ years of experience in IT as a QA Automation Engineer in Software Testing, proficient in Client/Server and Web - based applications.
- Experienced in working with various Software Development Life Cycles such as Waterfall, V-Model, TDD, Agile/Scrum and also have QA coordination with Development team.
- Expertise in Software QA Standards, flows and methodologies like functional, integration, regression, black-box, white-box, smoke and sanity testing.
- Experience on Apache ANT, Maven, Log4j, Java, Selenium and TestNG framework for Automation Testing and Project building tool such as Jenkins and Git for Continuous Integration.
- Ability to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS.
- Proficient in creating UI Automation framework like Module driven and Postman BDD framework for REST API from scratch.
- Well Versed in using Web-debugging tools like Firebug, Fire Path and WebDriver Element Locator to locate elements and experienced in handling multiple windows, Alerts and Pop-ups with Selenium for Cross browser testing.
- Experience in doing automation testing for Mobile application using Appium tool and Perfecto mobile software, which involves IOS and ANDROID platforms.
- Experienced in API Testing using Postman and Swagger.
- Vast experience in different testing methods such as Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Performance, Security, Positive, Negative, End to End, UAT, Sanity and API Testing.
- Experience in conducting performance testing and load testing using JMeter, Load runner and other tools.
- Experience on validating request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL web-service calls.
- Well versed in working with different kinds of database management systems like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Expertise in documenting defects with elevated level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center and JIRA.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability in Working individually or as a part of team, Problem solving, Process improvement activities, Analytical skills, Reporting and Assisting to Manager
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Cucumber, Appium, HP QTP, SoapUI, Postman tool, REST Assured
Frameworks: Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model, BDD, TDD
Database: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Build & Ci Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins.
Defect Management Tools: JIRA, HP ALM (Quality Center)
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari.
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10, UNIX, iOS, Android.
Ms Office Tools: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access
Confidential, Danbury, CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed system requirements and developed test scripts for end-to-end testing based on Business Requirements and also interacting with the client.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) in Gherkins format using Cucumber and automated them with Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated middleware SOAP and REST/JSON services using CA DevTest and creating automation script of APIs for end to end flow.
- Implemented TestNG to support parallelization, groups, data managers and helpers, xml configurations for externalizing parameters like browser, operating system, environments, screen resolutions, parallel run count, versions and other parameters that are used for initializing the pre-required sequences for automated executions.
- Used POSTMAN for API Testing (Manual).
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits to make sure that the pages are being loaded correctly.
- Developed mobile automation scripts using Appium to reduce the manual effort while executing the test procedures - IOS & Android.
- Used various tools like firebug, firepath to locate the webelements which are going to be tested.
- Performed Cross- Browser across browsers like Google Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Worked on Maven for build and dependency management where I have added different dependencies such as apache poi/TestNG/Maven-plugin-api etc. according to the requirement.
- Involved in developing the scripts to support Jenkins (Continuous Integration) of the scripts with the build server.
- Active role in bug triage this includes assigning priority, severity to the created defects and routing the approved defects to development teams.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements in SQL server.
- Maintained the Selenium automation code and resources in source control Git over the time for improvements and new features.
- Used JIRA as a defect tracking tool and for project management.
- Participated in test scenario inspections, test case reviews, work and functional mapping & UAT sessions.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily Scrum meetings and tested each Sprint deliverables.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Appium, Cucumber, Gherkin, SOAP, Firebug, FirePath, Maven, Jenkins, Postman, SQL, XML, JSON, DOM, Swagger, Jira, Agile, Windows.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements, use cases AGILE PROCESS and worked on automation and manual testing of the application.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, TESTNG, Cucumber and Eclipse.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data properly from excel files.
- Involved in SOAP Web service performance testing using SOAP UI.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Develop requirements list, traceability matrix and test strategies, to include test cases and plans, for Interface based software test project.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on iOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for the dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium.
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple platforms and browsers in parallel.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Involved in performing Functional testing, Regression testing, System testing, Integration testing, Security testing, Configuration testing, GUI testingand User Acceptance testing.
- Performing queries to the database using 'SQL' to check successful transaction & to create particular test cases.
- Used GIT to check-in the code and Jenkins to build new jobs.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Report and track bugs using Test management tool HP ALM and working with development team to ensure applications issues are resolved and bugs are fixed for smoother production on schedule.
- Performed system, functional, black box, UAT (user acceptance testing), and regression testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/ GRID, TestNG, Appium, SOAP UI, XML, Jenkins, XML, XPath, HTML, DOM, ANT, GIT, HP ALM, SQL, Log4j, Agile, Windows
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
QA Automation Engineer
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Worked on the Parameterization using TestNG Parameters and Data Provider annotations in Selenium Web Driver Scripts.
- Testing AJAX web site application, Implementing Selenium testing platform and using test scripts with Eclipse IDE, writing Selenium scripts using TestNG, writing test scripts (SOAP UI) to test web services.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and cross Platforms.
- Designed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various levels of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium.
- Performed data setup / testing of Rest services using Postman.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automated Testing for Client/Server application and Web-based application that used WebSphere, Message Queuing, Active Directory, UNIX, Windows, and XML message based system in an Agile software development environment.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, Iframes, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
- Used Maven and performed different operations on POM.xml file to gather required dependencies and run numerous test scripts.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- If any deviations observed when compared to requirements, raise the defects based on severity and priority in JIRA tool and assign to responsible team and track the defects until its closure
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote basic SQL queries using SQL Server for Data Validation, Record Counting and Non-Duplication Testing.
- Worked on GIT as a code repository to check out project from it, make modifications, submit and commit changes to the local repository and then later to the central repository.
- Used Log4j in Java to store the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file or databases.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Postman, Maven, FireBug, FirePath, XML, SQL, Jira, GIT, Log4j, Ajax, HTML, DOM, XPath, Eclipse IDE, Agile, Windows.