- 20+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance: 8 + Years as a Manager and 10 years as a Sr/Lead analyst with a QA Architecture driven mindset.
- 6 + years of experience implementing, maintaining and using Confidential Quality Center (Now ALM) including the defect, requirements and test lab modules.
- Passionate about software QA, with a strong background in designing, building and incorporating QA techniques and best practices.
- Excellent at leveraging interpersonal skills to build partnerships, collaborate with team members, and network with staff, colleagues, clients, and business unit members.
- Have tested, lead and managed QA teams in a variety of environments and platforms: AS400, Web, Mobile Devices and Applications, Client Server, Robotic Hardware, Stateful and Stateless APIs, SQL, etc.
- Ability to innovate within the QA group, as well as influence outside of the group to find the right tools and strategy to meet the specific QA needs of business units.
- Proficient writing, reading, and critical thinking abilities.
- Proven leadership abilities and experience.
- Backend experience including data mining and writing general SQL scripts.
Sr. Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Davie, FL
- Trained and became Confidential certified to write and execute test cases for the Mako Surgical Robot platform
- Created Test Strategy document for various projects and applications
- Executed detailed Test Scenarios
- Participated in Test Case Reviews, and Test Case Dry Runs
- Identified, recorded, analyzed, and tracked defects encountered during testing
- Participated in QA post mortems after project delivery
Confidential, Miramar, FL
- Responsible for all Quality Assurance testing for Mobile devices and applications.
- Managed and Directed a QA/IVV team of 12 across multiple offices (Chicago, Miramar and Montreal) and products.
- Managed the QA Lab and its assets.
- Built and provided leadership and strategic direction to the QA/IVV organization.
- Challenged the QA/IVV team to solve critical problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Introduced a more rigorous approach to Quality Assurance and Testing as well as unifying the QA process across the different locations.
- Created, in collaboration with the Software and Business stakeholders, the Software Release Readiness Review process to determine: 1) when a major release was ready for a production launch, and 2) that all departments were also ready for the impact the release for software would have on our customers and infrastructure.
- Designed, managed and maintained all QA practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics.
- Instituted more rigorous check point and triage process for production fixes that helped stabilize an unstable production code base.
- Introduced new testing tools (Zephyr Enterprise) to help the team create, organize and execute their test plans, and be able to give better status on their testing progress.
- Worked with the Project and Program Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation for QA related projects and other activities.
- Set the testing strategy for different projects, working with Business Analysts, Product Owners and other business steak holders to determine the right approach.
- Helped build the justification for additional resources in the QA team by reviewing current and future workload and comparing that to actual headcount.
- Drive continuous improvement through the strengthening of quality tools, skills, infrastructure and process improvements required to achieve business objectives.
- Worked with Vendors to help supplement certain QA process (in - flight testing) to relieve the QA Analysts from those activities.
- Develop resource strategies, allocating staff, tools and specialized support as necessary to ensure that all testing commitments are met.
- Worked with the QA and Dev teams to implement back end automation testing that benefited both the QA and Dev teams, which would lay the ground work for a CI process.
Confidential, Doral, FL
- Leads a QA Group of 22 Manual and Automated QA Analysts, including 9 offshore contractors, and 13 domestic employees.
- Sets the direction of the QA group on policy, procedures and standards.
- Revised the QA portion of the SDLC, making it more efficient and streamlined.
- Created Defect process flows, standard project templates, and test plan templates for the QA team, and other Confidential teams to follow.
- Worked with the automation team to create the plan that would increase the size and quality of the automation library (SOAP UI), moving much of the current manual test set to Automation.
- Setups tasks and programs to help team members increase their knowledge of the Confidential products and QA processes.
- Conducts periodic reviews of different process within the SDLC to find areas of improvement and increased efficiency.
- Interfaces with Product, BA and Development managers to trouble shoot and resolve issues within the SDLC and resolve issues with challenging projects.
- Creates QA KPIs that help the QA group manage projects and see trends in testing efforts.
- Seeks to create a positive and creative environment for QA Team members.
Lead QA Analyst
Confidential, Beach, FL
- Leads the QA testing for the Confidential eContracting implementation at World Omni Financial, which is a midsized enterprise project.
- This project is moving the current paper contract process to a more modern eContracting process for Toyota car dealers who want to use World Omni Financial as their customer’s lender.
- Wrote the QA test plan for both release 1 and release 2.
- Reports the status and health of the QA testing effort to the Project Manager daily using standard KPIs like test script execution rate, defect discovery rate, defect aging, etc.
- Weekly status reports are also used.
- Works with the Business Analysts to ensure the completeness of the requirements, and traceability back to the test cases.
- Coordinates a mid-sized team of six business testers that reside in out-of-state locations for System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Works with the UAT team on writing quality test scripts by promoting test case writing standards and best practices, and reviewing each script once written.
- The Microsoft Test Manager tool is used for test execution planning and defect reporting and resolution. The KPIs used are generated out of the tool.
- Conducts the weekly defect status meeting with the testing team, along with the 3rd party vendors who developed the Confidential eContracting Solution.