- Professional and dedicated Software Automation Test Engineer (SDET) with 5 + years experience in Quality Assurance through both Manual and Automation Testing of application across various technologies and platforms.
- Well acquainted with all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Defect Life Cycle Management.
- Well experienced in Agile - Scrum Methodology, attended and familiar with Scrum Ceremonies such as Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Proficient in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, JUnit, Jira, Eclipse IDE, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- Worked with Apache POI Library for reading and writing Excel files.
- Experienced in Automating Functional, Regression, and Smoke Test Cases using Selenium WebDriver and setting it up on Jenkins for Continuous Integration (CI).
- Extensively used and manually wrote XPath to locate web elements on UI.
- Possess the ability to develop and maintain different automation frameworks such as Data-Driven framework, Behavior-Driven framework, Page Object Model designed frameworks.
- Expert at API Testing by using POSTMAN and Java REST Assured library.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing and Parallel Testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using Maven and Selenium Grid.
- Maintained source code and resources in GitHub using Version Control System such as Git for code management and code review.
- Expert in identifying, assessing and reporting defects using various defect tracking and Project Management tools such as Jira with Xray plugin.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries using JDBC. Performing Back-End testing in Oracle Database and PostgreSQL to ensure data integrity.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts.
- Excellent research and mentoring skills. Ability and enthusiasm to learn new tools/technologies quickly.
- Cross-functional team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and timeliness.
- Experienced Cross Browser Testing and Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Experienced in Microservice from using lightweight protocols.
Languages: Java, SQL, Gherkin
Testing Frameworks: TestNG, Junit, Cucumber BDD
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer, IntelliJ
Test Management: Jira, Jira XRay
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL
Build Tools: Maven
Version Control System: Git
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Selenium Grid
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, MacOS
Continuous Integration Cloud Service: Jenkins, AWS
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Effectively collaborated with multiple workflow teams to improve Testing of Web applications by contributing new Automation features to enhance Automation capability.
- Developed and maintained Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, TestNG, JDBC, and Maven for Regression Testing, Integration Testing, and Standalone Testing.
- Implemented and maintained BDD Framework using Cucumber-TestNG and created step definitions and feature files using Gherkin language. Implemented BDD parallel Testing using Cucumber plugin.
- Experienced in Working with Oracle and SQL to run Data Validation Testing using JDBC to establish Database connections.
- Utilized Selenium WebDriver in creating, maintaining and enhancing Automation script using plugins and functions provided by Selenium.
- Proficiently used Apache POI to extract data from Excel file to execute Data-Driven testing and Volume Load.
- Developed and Maintained JDBC utility methods in Automation Framework for Data validation Testing and implementing it in automation scripts.
- Accurately analyzed Logging system in Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in GIT /GitHub as a source code repository, Version control and Code review tools. Implemented standard Git strategy while dealing with merge conflict, commits, pushing and pulling.
- Experience in implementing QA methodologies and various stages of Software Quality Assurance.
- Efficiently kept track of Test Automation execution in Jira and provided evidence of Test execution in forms of Auto Generating reports, logs, and screenshots.
- Worked on smaller applications using Microservice, more focused problem domains in an Agile to address new feature on a shorter schedule
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Worked with a highly motivated and productive Agile Scrum team. As a Cross-functional SDET, effectively collaborated with the team members to ensure Functional and Regression Testing.
- Developed Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, JUnit and Maven for application UI Testing.
- Actively participated in Daily Scrum, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Implemented and maintained BDD Framework using Cucumber-JUnit and created step definitions and feature files using Gherkin language. Implemented POM structure with page factory and single pattern design.
- Experienced in Working with Jenkins to run Data Integrity Tests for Back-end Testing using JDBC to establish Data base connection.
- Utilized Selenium WebDriver to imitate user on the browser and Automate UI part of the application by using manually wrote XPath, CSS locators to Automate Web elements.
- Proficiently used Apache POI to extract data from Excel file to execute Data-Driven Testing.
- Achieved Continuous Integration through Jenkins by building the Framework using Maven.
- Accurately developed timely Cucumber Reports using Jenkins.
- Used GIT/GitHub as a source code repository, version control and code review tools.
- Experience in manually testing REST API web services via Postman tool and automating via Rest-Assured java libraries by sending HTTP requests and performing data validation.
- Efficiently logged and tracked defects using Jira.
- Automated functional test cases and developed and maintained the Automation Regression Suite.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Automation Test Engineer
- Actively participated in fully understanding the project and effectively communicated and collaborated with the Scrum team to achieve each Sprint goal.
- Collaborated with QA and Development teams to support release planning, estimation and delivery processes using Agile Methodologies.
- Performed defect logging and tracking using Jira.
- Created and executed both Manual and Automated Test Cases to perform both Functional and Regression Testing.
- Utilized Cucumber Scenario Outlines to implement the Data Driven Testing approach.
- Successfully maintained Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven and Page Object Model Design.
- Used simple SQL queries to validate the data on the backend (DB).
- Worked with Apache POI for reading and writing data from Excel.
- Actively participated in Scrum ceremonies such as daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint grooming, sprint demo, and sprint retrospective meeting.
- Supported development team through deployments and production issues.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Using Jira to manage the Tasks, Test Cases, Test Scripts and defects.
- Verified all failed Test Cases, reproduced the issue and assigned to the developer.
- Responsible for preparation, reviewing and execution of Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Designed efficient manual test cases based on the analysis of the business requirement, functional specifications, technical design documents.
- Successfully created Test Cases with clear, strong description and detailed test steps for further smooth execution.
- Verified data integrity by performing Backend Testing of the application by writing SQL Queries.
- Followed high quality of testing standards while performing GUI, Functional, and Regression Testing of the application based on requirements.
- Actively collaborated with the team in identifying the bugs.
- Attended weekly meeting with the QA team to discuss issues/blockers found during the creation of the test cases.