- Over 6+ years of experience working as QA Engineer for Software Development and Testing life Cycle including preparation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and Test summary reports.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle (TLC): Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Experience in Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNg and Cucumber.
- Experience in designing Automation test framework by following Model View and Controller approach.
- Sound knowledge on Junit/TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, User Interface testing, Unit testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End - to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, documentation and Reporting.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Data, and Test Execution.
- Professional experience in designing Test Cases and Test Scripts for Windows, Mac, Java, Oracle and UNIX environments.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI/Postman, XML and WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML and get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI/Postman.
- Experience in using Quality Center/HP ALM and Jira to manage defect lifecycle for the various test efforts, review and analyze the results & utilized its reporting feature to generate detailed defect report.
- Expertise in analyzing the results and reporting suggestions and defects.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (Ms-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Experience with Agile Scrum and Waterfall and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/Grid, TestNG/Junit, Cucumber, Soap UI, Postman, Jenkins, Ant, Maven
Defect Management Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, Jira
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath
Version Controls: SVN, CVS, GIT
Process Models: Agile, Waterfall, TDD
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, UNIX
Confidential, Boston, MA
Test QA Engineer
- Responsible for analyzing business, functional and IT requirement documents and prepare complete Test Plans including system test plan, integration test plan, QA project plans and resource planning and allocation.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver and created selenium manual & automation scripts, frameworks in Java using TestNG.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java.
- Created Test Automation Framework for new enhancements in Selenium WebDriver using J ava and TestNG.
- Integrated TestNG framework to run the test suit and as a reporting tool.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run smoke or regression testing.
- Used Git Hub for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Involved on Cucumber testing and defined the test scenarios and created the test cases in Test Manager.
- Used Cucumber automated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers. Executing automated OTA tests using Jenkins and sharing status reports.
- Performed manual testing by executing test cases for all modules before creating automated scripts to validate the test procedure.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Developed test scripts for service calls and rendered data through XML files.
- Worked with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed functional testing of Web Services /XML /SOAP and RESTful services using Postman tool.
- Updated the HP ALM with manual/automated test cases. Involved in writing the Acceptance Criteria and Test Cases for the Stories assigned to in HP ALM.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium Web driver.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile Methodology.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Participated in Peer reviews of automated test cases and Test Plan for the team member.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, Jenkins, Cucumber, Postman, XML, XPath, HP ALM, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Test Automation Engineer
- Reviewed the Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, and Detailed Design Documents.
- Responsible for developing and designing the automation framework in terms of test case requirement.
- Developed automation framework and scripts for End to End (e2e) testing using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Used Selenium WebDriver with java plugin to generate automated test scripts for functional testing, GUI testing and enhancing the existing scripts
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium web driver and TestNG.
- Involved in developing test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and writing code in Java, using TestNG annotations.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Used Maven to help manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BBD.
- Used Jenkins for contentious integration, GitHub for version control management.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration tests, adding suites and running scripts on the Jenkins server.
- Conducted elaborate manual testing on test cases and provided feedback to the development team.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object's id, Name, Xpath, link in the application.
- Used Selenium Locators like XPath, Tags and CSS to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using Postman.
- Validated Web services using Postman by testing XML request and response data communicating with SOAP.
- Developed Integration and System test cases using Quality Center.
- Written, executed Test cases, and documented defects in the Quality Center.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the AGILE (Scrum) methodology.
- Managed software defect information, interacted with Business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Eclipse, Maven, TestNG, GitHub, PostMan, Fire Bug, Fire Path, XML, XPath, SQL, Quality Center, Windows.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Developed and executed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts for Manual and Automation Testing.
- Worked in agile environment on testing iteratively against newly developed code until quality is achieved from an end customer's perspective.
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle along with the UAT test plan.
- Performed various testing methods like Functional, Usability, Security, Navigational and UAT testing by creating automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and manually.
- Extended Junit framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Initially involved in creating a Manual Test Cases in Quality Center. Tests were grouped into test plan and executed. Results were recorded and published to management.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Created Master Test Plan, critical scenarios and Test Scripts and schedules for Testing.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Quality Center, Manual Testing, Eclipse, XML, SQL, Windows.
- Responsible for creating Test cases, Test scripts as per the requirement documents for OMS and Coordinating Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Analyzed system requirements, developed & executed detailed Test plan, Test cases, Test scripts for testing the functionality, GUI, security, and usability of the Join Process, Ordering Process and Member Area, which includes Member’s Personal Information, and Processing Order Information.
- Prepared test data for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Test Director for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Conducted Interface and Regression Testing manually during the various phases of the development.
- Used Quality Center, defect tracking tool to report application defects and enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the Oracle database.
- Involved in compatibility testing with other software programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, UNIX, HTML, Java, XML, Oracle and Windows.