- Strong analytical skills, especially in solving complex technical problems and requirements analysis.
- Expert defect management skills, including troubleshooting, identifying, triaging, reporting, tracking, resolution, & root cause analysis.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, regularly representing testing team to diverse partners including development, management, project management, clients, business analysts, and other testing teams.
- Senior software testing skill set including requirements analysis, test strategy/planning, test case development, test execution, test validation/analysis, & reporting.
- 9+ years of testing leadership experience including Team Manager, Shift Lead, Team Lead, & Environment Schedule Manager.
- Strong understanding of Software Development (SDLC), Testing, & Quality Assurance Methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, & TCOE.
- Broad range of testing experience, including Mainframe, Performance/Load (stress/volume), Functional, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT), Integration, Unit, Acceptance, Application, System, Exploratory/Ad - Hoc, & White-Box/Black-Box, and Conversion.
- Software Development Engineer education, background, and experience.
- Extensive standards experience; enforcing, developing, and documenting in a maturing corporate environment.
Senior Quality Tester
- Triage and manage test defects on Confidential amp; Confidential ’s ECOMP (Software Defined Network) applications.
- Primary testing liaison to development, operations, and other testing teams; collaborating to address testing issues and defects on integrated, functional, and regression test platform.
- Instrumental in driving high profile red status projects in testing stage to completion.
- Resolved defects at top rate.
- Maximized testing window by initiating process to communicate live status of maintenance windows of multiple applications to testers.
- Improved efficiency in development engagement by creating application tailored issue templates.
- Primary liaison to development, release management, project management, and other testing teams; collaborating to address procedural & technical issues across integrated, UAT, monthly, accelerated, stress/volume, and regression test platforms.
- Produced test plans for batch cycles across integrated, UAT, monthly, accelerated, stress/volume, and regression test platforms on the credit card billing system, including validating exception requests, leading test plan walkthroughs and procedural training. Skills utilized: IBM Rational ClearQuest (task request management), MS Excel, TestNet, TSO
- Identified recurring defects; verified elimination of top 50. Used SQL on OBIEE.
- Managed department metrics dashboard; completely redesigned to improved readability and depth. Skills utilized: MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center (QC), JCL, COBOL, TestNet
- Improved efficiency by redesigning and standardizing batch cycle test plan template using MS Excel.
- Improved efficiency by automating developer notification process using JCL and MS Outlook.
- Improved team efficiency and productivity by leading effort to reduce unnecessary email. (MS Outlook)
- Reorganized and standardized Test Plan storage management. (Discovery)
- Reviewed project requirements to create and execute test plans; automated (Mercury Winrunner) and manual.
- Team Lead responsible for regression test plans audits for completeness and standards.
- Mentored/trained new hires.