- A highly competent and result oriented QA Automation Engineer with 7+ years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases along with Test Data and Automation Test Scripts using Selenium, SoapUI, Java, Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving different domains such as Insurance, Banking, Healthcare and Ecommerce.
- Experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both Automated and Manual Testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM.
- Experienced in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Security testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing of client/server and web - based applications Proficient in designing, developing and enhancing automated test scripts for Selenium using Java.
- Excellent knowledge and experienced in working with Selenium (Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid), QTP.
- Involved in developinig framework from scratch and practical hands on experience with frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid and Page Object Model (POM) using Selenium.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, Select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG and NUnit annotations
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider
- Experienced in using Apache and N POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Using Cucumber developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Hands on experience in using web-debugging tools like Firebug and FirePath for finding elements Locator
- Proficient in handling Dropdown, alerts, cookies, frames, pop ups using Selenium WebDriver . Implemented cross browser testing using Selenium Grid and using @Parameters and @Dataprovider annotations
- Well acquainted with Synchronization Techniques like Implicit Wait , Explicit Wait and Fluent wait
- Maintained Continuous Integration of code and scripts using TFS, Jenkins and triggered the continuous delivery process using build jobs.
- Involved in executing the test cases and raising the defects using the defect tracking tools like JIRA , Rally, TFS and Quality Center
- Have Java coding experience using Eclipse and Visual Studio for Functional and Regression testing for web-based applications.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium and have used Perfecto to perform extensive mobile testing
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls
- Generated test logs using Log4j property file for various log levels
- Utilized AutoIt tool for automating the windows GUI and general scripting.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber
- Worked on performance testing of web application using JMeter.
- Experienced in Database/Backend testing using SQL Queries for data design, data validation.
- Worked on databases such as Oracle , My SQL and SQL Server .
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN, GIT version control tool
- Experienced in using build automation tools such as Maven and Ant
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object-Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections), Exceptional Handling, Collection Framework, Conditional and Looping statements.
- Strong experience with Soap and RestFul Web Services. Experience in testing with tools PostMan and SoapUI, to any post/response validation tool is necessary.
- Ability to work with Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber which integrated feature files, Step Definition and Runner classes in Gherkins language
- Ability to deal with clients in application demos, Walk-throughs, discussions, brain-storming sessions
- Very good team player in working with others on critical assignments
- Strong verbal/written communication, leadership, project management, problem solving, customer service, Team Player and interpersonal skills .
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, NUnit, Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, QC, QTP, UFT, Ready API, Postman, JMeter, AutoIt
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, TFS, Jenkins, Hudson, JIRA, Rally
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model, BDD
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, CSS Selector
Web Services: REST, SOAP, SOAP UI
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Version Control: Git, SVN
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Mac, UNIX
Defect Tools: JIRA, Rally, ALM QC, HP Quality Center, TFS
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities: log4J, Firebug, FirePath, Putty, AutoIt
QA Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules and discussed ambiguities with business analysts.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using Selenium. Extensively performed Manual testing.
- Responsible for Cross-browser testing and running the automation script in parallel
- Involved in development of Hybrid (Keyword and Data Driven) Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple platforms and browsers in parallel.
- Involved in writing test scripts using Java and executed it through Selenium
- Used TestNG annotations like groups, parameters, Data Providers to group the test cases, test methods, test suits for regression and functional testing and generated reports containing test results using listener’s annotation.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on FRS and user stories. Automated and developed test automation framework and identified test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI, Python and JAVA EE platform.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots
- Used Selenium Synchronization and handled multiple windows using Selenium scripts
- Performed webservices testing using SOAP UI and Postman tool
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records in MySQL database
- Expertise in Maven and performed different operations on POM.xml file to gather required dependencies and run numerous test scripts
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins and run the scripts
- Used Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Wrote XPath expression for identifying dynamic object and handled Ajax requests using Synchronization
- Extensive testing of browser content and compatibility of the application using HTML IDs and XPath
- Suggested automation process improvements and engaged in framework enhancements
- Coordinate with developers to prioritize defects and rectify them
- Performed multi browser testing to check application can work on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers
- Expertise in Project Management tools like Rally to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects
- Successfully completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements
- Maintained code version using SVN
- Modification and execution of Test case Scripts in Eclipse IDE
- Participated in technical, status review and release and production meetings
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache Poi, Jenkins, Appium, Maven, Jenkins, MySQL, SOAP UI, XPATH, XML, HTML, CSS, Python, Eclipse, Agile, Microsoft Office Excel, SVN, SharePoint
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Involved in developing Test Plans and Test Scripts for Automation Testing.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Implemented cross browser web testing with Selenium Grid.
- Used Junit and TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Used Selenium to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Identified the defects through Selenium and ensured that business processes deliver the expected results and remain reliable throughout the production release.
- Developed Keyword Driven automation testing framework with Selenium
- Performed Functional, Regression Testing of the module.
- Performed mobile testing using Appium and tested various types of mobile applications (such as Native, Hybrid and Mobile Web) using standard WebDriver library.
- Performing System Integration Testing on all the modules and running end - to-end tests on the application.
- Performed Data Driven Testing to check the application under different set of data conditions using Boundary Value Analysis.
- Identified Defects and communicated with Developers and tracked the defects through their entire lifecycle.
- Used complex SQL Quires to perform back-end data base testing.
- Responsible for submitting the bugs into the Test director depending upon their priority.
- Used Appium for mobile testing. (used it for native app testing, hybrid app testing, and mobile web app testing.)
- Performed web services testing using Postman by validating request and response.
- Used Quality Center to document issues found during the test automation process and discuss the defect scenario with Defect Review Board.
- Created Assertions such as Contains, Response SLA and XPath match to validate the XML with WSDL definition.
- Followed Waterfall approach for the project development and testing.
- Performed manual performance testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Identified the test requirements based on application business requirements.
- Developed Test Plan and wrote Test Cases.
- Developed, executed, and maintained test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures Conducted meetings with the end-users to establish guidelines for UAT.
- Guidelines included specification of necessary screen components, appropriate message boxes and proper use of sounds and colors.
- Identified, established and documented Test Requirements.
- Located elements using Selenium IDE and Selenium RC
- Efficiently performed on Continuous Integration tool, Jenkins
- Developed supporting Test cases and scripts to validate the functionality of the application.
- Performed Data Validation testing using SQL queries.
- Performed extensive Negative Testing to determine the stability of the application.
- Executed the developed tests both before and after defect fixes as a part of regression testing.
- Developed, Implemented and Executed test methodologies and plans to ensure software product quality.
- Involved in extensive interaction with users to define acceptance criteria.
- Performed webservice testing using SOAP UI tool
- Explored and gained good knowledge and hands-on experience with ALM Quality Center.
- Attended walk through meeting in which business rules and functionalities were discussed
- Identified the test data by organizing multiple test data review meetings and created test data for specific Test Scenarios and Test Cases using SQL Insert scripts
- Designed various test Cases with different test conditions
- Adopted Data Driven Methodology to the test application with different sets of data.
- Used ALM Quality Center for reporting and tracking bugs.
Environment: Selenium IDE and RC, ALM Quality Center, Soap UI, Jenkins, IntelliJ, HTML, HTTP, XML, Firefox, IE, chrome, Eclipse, MS Excel, SQL Server.
- Responsible for manually testing the entire application for GUI, Functionality and Business Logic
- Writing of Test Cases for manual Verification of GUI Functionality of the Application.
- Involved in developing Test plan, Test Cases and Test data.
- Test case Execution, Result analysis and Test Report generation
- Studying and understanding the Functional Requirements.
- Performed Functional and Smoke, Functional, System Integration and Regression Testing
- Reporting Defects, Defect verification and track them till closure.
- Test Data preparation and work with interfacing applications for data needs.
- Planned, estimated and scheduled for Change Request
- Detecting Defects, communicating to Business Leads and Using Priority based, Business critical bases and enhancement-based strategies to conduct Functional testing.
- Good experience in testing Web Services using SOAP UI
- Used Hp Quality Center for Defect Reporting and Tracking
- Integrated Quality Center with Ms-Office and managed the entire test documentation like Test Cases, Test Execution Results, Defect Reports and Test Status Reports.
- Participated in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug and responsible for tracking of the testing life cycle
- Client interaction via conference calls on need basis, involved in Peer reviews
- Status reporting to all project stakeholders.
Environment: : Waterfall, HP QC, Soap UI, SQL Server 2008, JDBC, Windows XP, Manual Testing, MS-Excel.