- Overall, 5+ years of experience on various Linux environments as Linux Administrator, Devops Engineer in automating, building, deploying and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Good experience in Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Experience in working within and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full - stack of development tools and technologies and tracking all stories on JIRA .
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet & Jenkins .
- Experience in creating VPC using NACL , public , private subnets, Inbound & Outbound Security Groups, Route Tables, NAT Gateway, as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC .
- Experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2 , Cloud watch , Cloud Formation and managing security groups on AWS.
- Extensively worked on CI/CD pipeline for code deployment by engaging different tools ( Git , Jenkins , and Code Pipeline ) in the process right from developer code check-in to Production deployment.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Experience Using VMWare ESXi Server and VMWare VSphere Client (combination) to manage virtual machines (VMs) and designing, installing and implementing VMware ESX server, VMware virtual center, setting up V-Motion, HA, DRS, and related VMware products such as VM Workstation, VMware converter VM Backup products and other products for virtualization.
- Experience in managing and installing Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk to monitor the logfiles, Network Monitoring, Log trace monitoring and the hard drive status.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application , App services , Azure storage , Azure SQL Database , Virtual machines , Fabric controller , Azure AD , Azure search, and notification hub.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services ( PaaS & IaaS) , Application Insights, Document DB, Azure Monitoring, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Extensive involvement in Designing Azure Resource Manager Template and in designing custom build steps using PowerShell .
- Highly proficient in configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation and written ruby scripts for chef automation.
- Experience in deploying Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and created Modules for Protocols configuration and managing them using Puppet automation.
- Experience in automating deployment using Bash and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins , Bamboo .
- Experience in code deployment, Orchestration and Scheduling using tools such as Kubernetes , Docker Swarm , CloudFormation , and automation validation using Vagrant, Ansible and Terraform .
- Experience in using Puppet to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, proactively manage change and create custom Puppet module skeletons.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT , Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Experience in support activities of applications - trouble shooting, performance monitoring, resolving the production incidents and experience using virtualization tools like Virtual Box, VMware and provisioning virtual machines.
- Experienced in configuring Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of Red Hat Linux on several machines at once. Good presentation, Customer Support and trouble Shooting Skills & Experience in Providing 24x7 supports.
- Experience in Software Development Life - Cycle including architecture, design, implementation, unit testing and Worked on Agile Scrum Team and attended daily scrum meetings.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 6.x/7.x,8.x Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Scripting: Bash, Shell, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML
Build/Automation: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Remedy
Version Control: GIT, Subversion
Web/App Server: Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server
Web/Programming: JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, Java Script, Java/J2EE, Python
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Created and configured secure cloud VPC using public and private networks through subnets in AWS. Established site to site VPN connection between the Data center and AWS. Implemented AWS IAM for two step authentication of user access using AWS Virtual MFA and Google Authenticator.
- Created Cloud Watch alarms for monitoring server performance, disk usage and CPU utilization to achieve better performance, Internet Gateways, Route Tables, NACL, security groups and Elastic IP’s for AWS to allow only the required traffic.
- Created AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Utilized Amazon Route53 service to assign public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP’s, S3 static web pages, cloud Front distribution and also to manage DNS zones, creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Ansible. Created docker images for all micro services by implementing docker maven plugin in maven pom and later used docker file to build docker images from java jar files.
- Configured non master nodes in the cluster to run kubelet which communicates with the Kubernetes master and kube proxy which reflects the Kubernetes networking services on each node and also managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Created Jenkins CICD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check, created multiple component pipelines using Jenkins to support weekly releases and out-of-cycle releases based on business needs.
- Worked on Docker open source project by automating the deployment of applications inside software containers and to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Configured Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Azure Devops and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC and Nodejs applications to Azure web apps .
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles , Worker Roles , VM Role, Azure SQL , Azure Storage , Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal .
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python , run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Wrote Python scripts using the Boto3 library to automatically sign up the instances in AWS EC2 and Ops Works stacks and integrated with Auto Scaling with configured AMI’s.
- Performed troubleshooting and monitoring of the Linux server on AWS using Zabbix, Nagios and Splunk. Resolved infrastructure problems that affect critical processes and Nagios event handlers for auto restart on application and service failures.
- Migrated physical Linux servers to cloud (AWS), created Cloud Formation templates for deploying AWS resources though Jenkins. Worked on cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handle expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SNS services and implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools, Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status and Managed Linux virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Ansible Server.
- Installed, configured and administered CI tools like Hudson and Jenkins, Bamboo for automated builds. Creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, Ubuntu, Centos and Red Hat Linux.
- Worked on Jenkins and Bamboo to deploy code in Staging and Production environments and managed artifacts generated by Jenkins and nexus factory. Extended the generic process by attaching the Jenkins job web hook to all the projects in GitHub.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as SubVersion (SVN), GIT, analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and GIT.
- Implemented Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, SVN and ran the Chef cookbooks/recipes to automate Build and manage on tomcat, Web Logic.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB. Virtualized servers in Docker as per test environments and Dev-environments requirements and configured automation using Docker containers.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI / CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment and app stack build outs, deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and recipes for the automation of the deployment process and integrated chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for continuous delivery framework.
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
Build and Release Engineer
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant to schedule the builds and configured GitHub Enterprise in conjunction with Jenkins as a Continuous Integration platform, worked with integration of Jenkins Plugins, created jobs, performed automated builds and deployments.
- Implemented PowerShell scripts for automating tasks and processes for end to end automation and automated script creation using Jenkins & PowerShell for record management.
- Worked on Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven, for internal projects releases and to share snapshots. Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Worked on creating MAVEN files, editing files in case of error or changes in the project requirements, deployed the archives to Tomcat Web server and Web sphere Application Servers.
- Used GIT as Version Control System for maintaining the discipline required working with the codes on different files and performed branching and merging of code lines in GIT, addition of revision lines and resolving the conflicts that arose during integration and rebase.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks, used Rally tool for tracking user stories and backlogs.
- Worked on VMware ESXI 5.5 Host Server Installation, Configuration Maintenance, VSphere Suite with P2P and P2V, Virtual Machines Installation, Configuration Maintenance. Worked extensively on VMware Update Manager for Host upgrades and patches.
- Implemented and enhanced existing scripts developed in Shell and Ruby managed server on VMware vSphere, vCenter, configured Shell and Python scripts to automate system administration jobs.
- Setup puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment. Worked on Puppet modules with Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous deployment of managed products, and related services.
- Worked closely with our Product Management, Development, and QA team in a continuous delivery environment. Supported applications and servers in Development, Testing and Production, supporting and maintaining client server applications on Linux servers, tuning of the kernel parameters.
- Worked with various Linux platforms like Red Hat Linux, Centos and Ubuntu, handled installations, configuring and maintenance of various applications, also did installations of software’s, security patches, system fixes, package updates and enhancements in these environments.
- Installed patches and packages in Red Hat Linux using RPM and YUM, created and modified the objects related to application.
- Configured LDAP, managed users, groups, permissions, given sudo access to the test and development servers and also configured password less logins for authorized users on servers.
- Created volume groups and logical volumes from the physical volume, management of memory, added swap space, created and modified swap files, configured RAID levels using volume manager.
- Migrated Red Hat Linux servers from 6.x version and resolved the post migration issues, configured firewall rules and port numbers of the services and enabled communication with applications.
- Configured NFS to enable file sharing on the systems, resolved network related issues by using various commands like TRACEROUTE, PING, NSLOOKUP, TELNET.
- Experience installing, configuring Apache on Linux production Servers.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs, enabling Cron jobs, enabling system logging and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Applied Clustering Topology which meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting day to day issues with various servers on different platforms.