- Experienced software quality assurance professional with 10+ years of experience in all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Skilled in various program testing technologies using automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI & current QA methodologies.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as Banking, Finance, Healthcare and Retail .
- Executing test case, reporting bugs and tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Selenium WebDriver , QTP/UFT, Cucumber and SOAP - UI .
- Experience in working with Software Development ( SDLC ) and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ) models - Waterfall , Agile/Scrum .
- Proficiency in automating web based testing including GUI Testing , Functionality Testing , Unit Testing , Integration Testing , Regression Testing , System Testing and User Acceptance Testing .
- Experience in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application .
- Conversant in developing Test scenarios , Test cases , Test data , Test procedures , Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Testing.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium ( Selenium IDE , Selenium RC , Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid ), SoapUI , Cucumber , JUnit , JIRA and Eclipse .
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks ( Record/Playback , Keyword Driven , Data Driven , Hybrid Driven, and Page Objects ).
- Experience in using Selenium Webdriver , Eclipse TestNG test frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports .
- Experienced in Java and OOPS concepts required for Selenium frameworks.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID , Name , Link Text , Partial Link Text , XPath , CSS , and DOM in creating automation scripts.
- Configured application framework using Excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI .
- Experience on using AutoIt for file uploading to simulating user interaction on Microsoft windows file upload dialogue window.
- Reviewed Application and Test logs , program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
- Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting , analysis and exception debugging using ExtentReports reporting library with TestNG.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver Automation Framework for Smoke test and Regression test using TestNG .
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Automated and scheduled Build using continuous integration tool Jenkins Server at a particular time.
- Conversant with Ant and Maven project build tools.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries for data validation using advanced TestNG annotation Data Provider for code reusability and Java JDBC for retrieving the Data.
- Experience in preparing Test data by retrieving data from Relational Databases Oracle.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG( Groups, Parameter, Data Provider ) .
- Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j.
- Developed selenium synchronization using conditional and unconditional wait conditions.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as Rally, JIRA and Bugzilla bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Conversant using Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Strong knowledge on Web Service & Hands on experience in validating Web Services using SOAP-UI.
- Experience with working in Java-J2EE / .Net environments.
- Performed duties as an individual contributor and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent inter personal communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, TestNG, AutoIt, Cucumber, SoapUI, QC, QTP, ALM
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Programming Languages: HTML5, CSS, JAVA, J2EE, Spring MVC, hibernate, Eclipse Link, SQL, C, C++, XML, JSP
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Defect Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Microsoft Project
Utilities: Eclipse, SVN, FireBug, FirePath.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Webdriver in TestNG.
- Developed test scripts for Web elements by identifying the locators using FireBug and FirePath Firefox plugins.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, Eclipse.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consist of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using ExtentReports API.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium Hybrid and Data-driven development framework.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Firebug, Firepath, XML, XPATH, DOM, Quality Center, Cucumber, Jira, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior Automation Engineer
- Involved in preparing Master Test Plans, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Manage life cycle of automation project involving in hosting the automation meetings, coordinating, gathering the automation requirements, defining the scope of automation testing.
- Developed the automated test script for regression test suite in an application by using Selenium tool.
- Created automation framework using Hybrid model framework and Data Driven framework to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using page factory.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing.
- Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, and Eclipse.
- Developed test scripts to fetch test data from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Use Firepath and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Developed Java Test scripts using TestNG annotations.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in the SVN source control.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screen shots using ExtentReports API and implemented action class to perform mouse movement.
- Design and Build Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Windows platform.
- Used Selenium Page Object Model, Page Factory design pattern to build data driven framework.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Analyst to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements.
- Attended weekly design meetings to understand the application and specific new or modified features.
- Analyzed functional requirements and design specifications to ensure that application meets all technical and business requirements.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from Oracle database.
- Participated in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in Agile Methodology.
- Performed System Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Performed database validation using Oracle SQL queries and wrote test automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Junit and TestNG as testing framework, and Maven for project building.
- Configured Jenkins built job for continues integration and also for regression testing.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, TestNG, and Jenkins.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing using Selenium Webdriver in TestNG.
- Used Junit and TestNG as testing framework, and Maven for project building.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAPUI Tool.
- Implemented BDD (behavior-driven development) to run automated acceptance tests using Cucumber tool.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, SVN, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, Quality Center, Oracle, Windows, Java, J2EE
Confidential, Rhode Island
QA Analyst (Automation)
- Created Modular Driven Automation Framework from the Scratch.
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and in Java Eclipse.
- Involved in test cases review by development team, product management and modified the test cases based on their feedback.
- Developed ANT based build scripts to run Selenium Automation.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed cross-browser testing.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases on multiple platform.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI with XML web services and SOAP.
- Created positive and negative assertions based on the business requirements.
- Performed Data Driven testing using SOAPUI.
- Reported defects through Jira and performing Regression to resolve bugs fixes.
- Extensively involved in resolving bugs fixes with Development Team.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts.
- Used SVN for Build Management for each release, QA, Integration and staging environments.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel using Apache POI Api.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/Web Driver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Implementation of QA approach to ensure quality of a product and was involved in project.
- Developed test plans, test cases, test scenarios.
- Implemented Complex Test case scenarios using regression tests, wrote the enhanced code.
- Developed and extracted test data to test the application portal.
- Configured HP Quality Center in Agile environment, generated Test Sets & executed and Used HP Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan.
- Worked with different web elements locaters (name, id, xpath, css, DOM, link) to test the functionality.
- Implemented continuous integration development.
- Controlled logging and tracking of defects analyzed and maintained comprehensive defects.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Handled issues in System testing and UAT (User acceptance testing).
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test planning and execution & Results Reports.
Environment: Java, MySQL, QTP, HP Quality Center, selenium, web element locators, SQL, Microsoft office.