- QA professional with 9 years of experience in the Information Technology industry with a focus on Quality Assurance, Testing, Business and Systems Analysis.
- Experience in the area of software testing (Manual and Automation) with solid understanding of Test planning, Test Design, Test execution and Defect reporting.
- Excellent experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) right from planning to implementation with Testinglifecycle and defectlifecycle·
- Have applied skills in multiple industries such as Identitytheft Solutions Delivery, Background Verifications, Pharmacy, Online banking, Telecommunication.
- Well versed with Backend Testing for Database integrity by executing complex SQL queries for validating the data in the backend database tables.
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 8.1.
- Experienced in automated testing tools like Quick Test Pro and Selenium.
- Good Experience in Core JAVA, Selenium Web driver, Cucumber and Gherkins.
- Experience in Automated Testing Frameworks using Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, TestNG, ARC, SoapUI, Postman.
- Good knowledge in DevOps concepts, Jenkins and Docker container.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle processes and followed various testing methodologies like Agile, SCRUM, SDLC and Waterfall.
- Testing of web application, client - server and database related projects on Windows, and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in working with Directory services(LDAP, Active Directory and eDirectory).
- Executed SQL queries in Oracle using SQL tool TOAD to validate and verify test results.
- Strong hands on experience in using Test Director / Quality Center and IBM’s Rational Tools - Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requisite Pro for collecting Test Metrics, reporting the modification requests and tracking them to completion.
- Works well with Developers, Programmers,Project managers and clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate issues with the appropriate level of detail.
Tools: Manual Testing, Cucumber, Gherkin, Automation Testing Tools, QTP10.0, Selenium, Sonar, TestNG, Jenkins
Languages: C, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Script
Database: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
Operating Systems: WIN95, 98, 2000/XP/2003Server, DOS, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, ALM, TFS,Test Director, JIRA, Confluence, Clear Quest, MS Excellence
Utilities: MS Word, Excel, Macros, Access, Power
- Analyze the business and functional requirements and streamline the Testing Activities.
- Analyze the system requirements and develop detailed test plans and test cases and provide the documentation.
- Collaborated with product management teams in an iterative environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for the application.
- Study and analyze the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications and interact with developers for changes in requirements, if any.
- Created Web UI tests using Cucumber, Gherkin and Selenium Webdriver(Tests created using JAVA).
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used cucumber for test automation.
- Configured SeleniumWebDriverand created seleniumautomation scripts in java using TestNG.
- Perform Regression testing on new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium Webdriver.
- Involved in using Jenkins build tool to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Involved in the complete Performance Test cycle promoting it to the User Acceptance Testing.
- Used UNIX to execute Shell scripts and text search.
- Performed types of testing like smoke, functional, system integration and regression testing.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues using JIRA.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Gherkins,Java, Jenkins, AWS, TestNG,ORACLE, SOAP, REST, JUnit, Linux, HTML, Docker.
- Tested Web-based applications for clients and presented detailed QA testing results.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile&Scrum development environment, multiple web browsers, and automated testing suites
- Responsible for creating Test Cases in Zephyr and execution of the same for assigned modules.
- Handled order management system (OMS) such functions as order entry, sales analysis, inventory planning, and accounting.
- Created test cases using Element locators and SeleniumWebdrivers methods.
- Used Gherkin languages to write features and scenarios.
- Involved in daily meeting with Team members to keep track of defects and provided update on testing progress to the Team Lead.
- Used SOAPUI scripts to generate test data.
- Involved in Testing Web APIs using ARC and Postman by performing GET,POST,PUT and DELETE actions.
- Tested Lead management, Account management, Order management, Contact management and Opportunity management areas in Salesforce.com.
- Participated in Sprint Retrospective meetings to provide feedback on sprint execution.
- Performed Back end Testing-using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate the insertedand updated data.
- Highly responsive to client needs and changing software requirements.
- Reported defects in JIRA after running Selenium test cases and verifying test results.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.
- Reviewed Error logs in SPLUNKwhen order fails to load into SQL tables.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Selenium Webdriver,Java, JUnit,Gherkins,Jenkins, Browser stack,MySQL,MySQL work bench, Sales Force, ARC, Postman, RAML,XML, HTML,UNIX,JSON, Drupal(CMS),Splunk
- Worked with Business Analysts to define testing requirements to satisfy the business objectives.
- Responsible for creating complete test cases, test plans, test data and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements, Use case document and business process.
- Interacted with Test Leads and Software Team regarding issues in the test plans and application which are being tested.
- Used WinSCP for FTP and Deployed build using UNIX commands in Putty.
- Extensively worked on power center tools like Designer, workflow monitor and workflow manager to monitor and schedule sessions and workflows.
- Tested the ETL mappings from Source to Target.
- Executed SQL test queries in TOAD to validate transformation rules used in source to target mappings and verify the data in target tables. Verified column mapping between source and target.
- Used SQL Developer and SQL Server Management studio for testing execution ofPL/SQL procedures for business rules.
- Executed automated test scenarios using QTP scripts for Regression testing.
- Experience in mobile testing includes Device, Tablets and Apptesting. Tested the application on various generations of Android and iPhone.
- Performed browser compatibility testing (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Opera mini)of a web based application with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Performed load test for Batch process application and worked with respective teams to tune the hardware and software for improved performance of the applications.
- Generated reports for the load testing, analyzed results, communicated the load levels of the application and identified bottlenecks if any and retested after system and application tuning to ensure the enhanced load of the application.
- Designed individual load tests for each test scenario with varying mix of virtual users. Designed group scenarios with different mix of test scenarios to emulate the real time loads on the application.
- Used Microsoft Message Queue Services for Batch Process.
- Carried out end to end integration testing of service built on SOA architecture.
- Extensive use of XML files in consuming web service response.
- Involved in Sales Force integration testing.
- Tested functionality of application in smoke environment which is a pre-production environment prior to production release.
- Extracted customer data from database and set it to fulfillment for printed collaterals and validated them with database and samples provided by business.
- Using HP ALM for storing, maintaining the test repository, bug tracking and reporting and provided clear and concise status reports of testing to the QA Manager.
- Preparing documentation for some of the recurring defects and resolutions and business comments for those defects.
- Developed Test Summary Reports and participated in GO / NO-GO meetings.
Environment: HP ALM 11.0, QTP10.0, Informatica Power Center 8.1, Oracle10g, Sales Force.com, SQL Server 2008, TOAD,SQL Developer, SQL server Management Studio, Share Point,WindowsXP, Windows7,.Net 4.0, UNIX, XML, Putty, WinSCP.
- Worked extensively on web based testing and involved in UAT Environment and Pre-production environment.
- Analyzed the BRD, Use cases, functional design docs, business process flows and screen design documents for creating the test cases, test data and test scenarios for UAT testing.
- Analyzed the requirements thoroughly by interacting with system architect, developers and business analysts.
- Performed a gap analysis to ensure the scope of the project is met.
- Performed Functionalitytesting, Regressiontesting andSmoketesting.
- Responsible for full testing life cycle, system testing and validating the Informatica mappings against the pre-defined ETL design standards.
- Executed Test Cases with respect to Source and Target database tables.
- Played major role in identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives in the area of Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Have a good understanding of development environment using AGILE methodologies with SCRUM process.
- Tested customized and OBIEE reports with Metrics and Filters for Business analysis using Desktop intelligence with features of Drilling options drill up, drill down and drill anywhere .
- Participated in Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Tested Web services using Soap UI tool.
- Extensively used SQLto retrieve the data from databases to perform data validationsand comparisons for regression testing
- Using TFS(Team Foundation Server) for storing, maintaining the test repository, bug tracking, reporting and provided clear and concise status reports of testing to the QA Manager.
- Used UNIX to execute Shell scripts.
- AnalyzedLOG files for debugging after executing scripts.
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines and have taken the initiative to learn job-related skills on my own. Capable of prioritizing task, also work with minimal supervision with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Environment: TFS, MS Test Manager, XML, Windows 7, Visual Studio 2012,Informatica 8.1, OBIEE 10.3.1, Soap UI 3.0, UNIX, MS-OFFICE 2010, MS SQL, SQL SERVER Management Stuido, .Net 4.0+, Microsoft Visio, Soap UI.
Confidential, Morris Plains, NJ
- Created Functional Test Cases by reviewing the process flow and BRD documents.
- Analyzed the test scenarios and created the test cases in Excel and Quality Center
- Performed different types of testing like smoke, functional, system integration and regression testing
- Used Quality Centerfor tracking the requirements, creating test cases and reporting defects
- Worked in an Agile Methodology with Scrum
- Used to attend the daily scrum meeting, stand up discussions on defect resolution with the development team.
- Worked on different database like Oracle to check the data consistency.
- Involved in Backend, Regression, Integration, Functional, Smoke, End to End Testing of the applications
- Tested database contents Using SQL Queries.
- Backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases using TOAD.
- Maintained log of test results using Quality Centre as per the rating and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Performed End-to-End testing after bug fixes and modifications.
- Interacted with Business Analysts for UAT (User Acceptance Testing), and tested the possibilities of system failure with UAT.
- Extensively used HP Quality Center for automation scripts execution.
- Reported the status report to Test Lead and QA Manger.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0,QTP 10.0, Java, Unix, Oracle 10g, SQL, SQL Developer, Windows 2003, DB2 MS Excel,HIPAA.