- Over 5 years of QA experience in Manual/Automation testing of Web Applications and client with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based Applications.
- Proficient in requirement analysis, coding and testing various modules in a software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in Software Quality Assurance including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/Web Driver/IDE/Grid, JUnit/TestNG, ANT/Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins and Soap UI.
- Strong Experience in automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with Junit/TestNG framework.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like ANT, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Experienced using Web - debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Proficient in black box testing, performance testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Integration Testing and white box testing.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing.
- Experienced with API testing using Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience using JIRA, Quality Center and HP ALM for defect and sprint management.
- Experience in using Quality Center to manage defect lifecycle for the various test efforts, review and analyze the results & utilized its reporting feature to generate detailed defect report.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment. A proactive team player with proven interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Languages: Java, HTML, Python.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit/TestNG, Soap UI.
Version Controls: SVN, GITHub
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
CI/BDD Tools: Jenkins, Cucumber
Methodology: Agile, Waterfall
Defect Reporting Tools: Quality Center, Jira, HP ALM
Database Testing: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, Mac, Linux
Confidential, Fenton, MI
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Analyzed application business requirements, technical specification and Installation guidelines.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Java client driver.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Performed BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Continuous Integration is done by Jenkins to ensure web application is automatically tested via scripts.
- Used GIT as the version control tool for the source code. Performed merge conflicts and fork using Git repository.
- Performed different types of testing like smoke, functional, system integration, black box, gray box, positive, negative and regression testing.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Performed the testing of Restful Web service for mobile apps for the bank of west Using SOAP UI.
- Performed SOA / Web service testing using Soap UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke Web service.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Jira a test management tool.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Analyzed Test Result under Agile Methodology and attended all agile meeting.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, Sales and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Cucumber, Gherkins, Eclipse, Soap UI, XML, XPath, Jira, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Harleysville, PA
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Participated in requirements review and design walkthrough meetings with Business Analysts and Developers.
- Involved in Selenium Data-Driven Framework with C ore Java programming and TestNG annotations.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Responsible for creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Created new API's in Selenium with JAVA, Web driver libraries using TestNG Framework.
- Configured and Maintained dependencies required for the module in Maven Configuration file.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber framework.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Used Maven, GIT, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using Firebug and Fire path to identify web elements.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Validated SOAP responses by using assertions like XPath match, schema compliance, contains, SOAP fault etc.
- Analyzed and imported test data from spreadsheets into Quality Center.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Reviewed test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Actively participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings and daily bug triage meetings and interacted with developers and business analysts to ensure high quality of the application under test.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, Jenkins, Git, Ruby, Cucumber, Soap UI, Firebug, FirePath, XPath, XML, Quality Center, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods, and Test Suites using TestNG annotations.
- Performed Cross Browser testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Implemented Maven Build tool by configuring the POM file with all required Jars and maintained the POM file.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Created test suites to perform Functional, Data Driven and Load Testing for Web services.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Used Xpath, CSS and DOM (Document Object Model) to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and REST Web Services using SOAP UI Tool and assertions on request and response XML on both SOAP and REST Web services.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using HP ALM.
- Planned and executed Backend testing using numerous SQL Queries to verify the dataflow from the database.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse, Soap UI, XPath, XML, CSS, DOM, HP ALM, SQL and Windows.