- Over 5+ years of experience in IT, extended expertise in QA in Manual and Automated Software testing using, SOA architecture SOAP UI, Quality Center, Web, and Client - Server Systems.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Expert in developing Selenium WebDriver test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG, MAVEN build tools.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing TestNG test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit and Functional testing, Maven for Project building, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experienced in using Jenkin s as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Proficient in creating business based functional Test Scenarios, Test plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test Specifications and Traceability Matrix including both Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Specialized in GUI and Functionality Testing, White Box testing, Black box Testing, System testing, including Integration, Performance, Stress, Load and Regression Testing of Web and Client/Server based applications.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Good knowledge in testing APIs in SOA test Automation
- Well acquainted with the TDLC ( Test Data Life Cycle)
- Working knowledge of Selenium web driver
- Hands on experience in Manhattan WMS application.
- Knowledge of Mainframe vision plus credit card testing tool.
- Experience in working in Agile Development Methodology and participated heavily in Scrum meetings and Sprint planning meetings.
- Excellent working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycles.
- Experience in creation of test data using different tools like SOA test, IBM Mainframe (Comm.) and XML Spy
- Expertise in Writing, Executing and Maintaining Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Procedures, Use Cases, Test cases.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and using Quality Center.Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Expertise in QA Testing in distributed Unix/Windows Environment and Oracle databases as back end, Performed end-to-end testing.
- Expertise in handling on-site/offshore deployment activities. Worked on all key aspects of project management and planning, project proposal etc.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, TestNG, HP Quality Center/ALM, JMeter, Cucumber, SOAP UI
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall & Agile
Technology: SQL Server, Web services, Telnet, Java
Scripting: UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Java Script.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Data- Driven Development
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center/ALM, Teanforge
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, GitHub
Application: SOA, Manhattan WMS2012
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX, LINUX, Sun Solaris, Mac OSX, iOS, Android
Confidential, Columbus, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Created test cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for simultaneous and combined Trade testing.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Involved in Designing & Developing data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations .
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Validated web services using Groovy Scripts in Soap UI.
- Involved in validating Sanity, functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the WebServices (SOA) through SOAP UI.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involve d in We b Se r v ice s Te s ti ng us ing SOAP UI to c re a te a nd e x e c ute a uto ma t e d fu nc tional, reg r e s s ion, co mp lia nc e, a nd loa d te s ts .
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
- Worked on Manhattan WMS system for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a retail online ecommerce chain.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing.
- Involved in understanding of the business logic and acquiring application knowledge required for the project.
- Preparation of the Test summary report and daily status report and other adhoc reports.
- Reporting, tracking the status of the bugs and assigning severity ratings to them using Quality Center/ALM.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing SQL queries.
- Developed and documented complete testing process with well-written test cases related to cross dock, Bulk transfer, loading, shipment, pick pack and delivery to end stores
- Reviewing of base lined project artifacts such as BR's, FR’s.
- Involved in working with the client along with Business Analysts, for capturing the business requirements during the requirement gathering sessions
- Performed Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing of retail and commercial Banking application
- Involved in testing the Web Services using SOAPUI
- Preparation and Execution of test scripts.
- Interacted with development team to resolve the identified defects/ issues.
- Involved in defect management process using to closure
- Maintaining the status and deliverables for test data life cycle starting from requirement analysis, test data preparation, tweaking, test bed updating and maintenance, test data delivery.
- Raising the appropriate defects in QC and tracking them to closure when the test data preparation gets affected
- Account creation on DB2 Platform.
- Executing SQL through QMF.
- Mainframe tweaking for updating on existing data like CTEST team.
- Handling Data issues after delivery of data like Change or adhoc Request.