- A result oriented individual with diversified experience in Quality Assurance and Software testing of web - based and client-server applications.
- Responsible for overall testing, including creation of detailed test plan, test cases per application module, Functional, Regression Testing, User-Acceptance Testing, defect tracking, reporting and interaction with client for better performance of the software.
- Excellent skills in manual testing as well as automated testing using QTP, Quality Center, TFS, JIRA, Rally, Rational Clear Case
- Hands on experience in Insurance, Finance, POS, Airline, Credit Card, Mobile, Ecommerce and WMS application
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and transition between projects.
- Ability to think outside the box when writing test plans/test cases
- Steadfast focus on digging for software defects, and producing highest quality deliverables
- Experience generating Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Hands on experience with Agile (Scrum), SDLC and Waterfall methodology
- Hands on experience working with Offshore team
- Effectively work with Agile Scrum/Dev teams, acting as Scrum Master when called upon
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel from technical to high-level executive management.
- Excellent organizational, technical and problem solving skills with a special talent for team oriented assignments, communication, inter-personal skills and can multitask various projects.
- Self-motivated and ability to master new technologies.
- Team player with excellent time management skills having profound insight to determine priorities, schedule work, and meet critical deadline
- Experience in diversified industries such as Retail, Airline, Finance, Health Insurance and Food and Beverage Industry.
Methodologies: AGILE (SCRUM), SDLC, WATERFALL
Tracking Tools: Azure DevOps, JIRA, VSTS, TFS, CLEAR QUEST, RALLY, RATIONAL CLEAR CASE, QUALITY CENTER
Testing Tools: SOAP UI, BROWSER STACK, QUICKTEST PRO
Operating Systems: OS390, AS400, WINDOWS9x/NT/2000/XP, UNIX, MS-DOS
Database: SQL Server, ORACLE, DB2, MS ACCESS
Web Servers: WEB LOGIC, IBM WEB SPHERE, APACHE
Browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox
Programming Languages: Dot Net, UNIFACE, SQL, COBOL, REXX, VISUAL BASIC, JAVAJSP
Others: IVR, IBM UTILITIES, JCL, FILE-AID, NDM,, CA-7, VSAM, TSO/ ISPF, DB VISUALIZER, TOAD,SHARE PONT, TIDAL, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS- POWER POINT
- Planning, deploying, and managing the testing effort for the assigned project
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery
- Risk analysis and management
- Perform Manual Testing activities
- Perform Exploratory Testing
- Responsible for Defect Management process
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Facilitate daily stand-up meetings
- Provide a risk assessment during Go/No-Go Meetings to determine if a Build is ready to release
Environment: Azure DevOps, Scrum, Dot Net, MVC, SQL Server
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyze current applications and assess business requirements
- Develop test plans and cases based on business requirements
- Execute functional, system and regression testing
- Analyze results and document defects
- Coordinate defect resolution with appropriate user and development resources
- Identify and recommend usability improvements
- Lead user acceptance testing by scheduling and conducting product demonstrations for mobile apps
Environment: POS, SQL Server, Browser Stack, VSTS
Functional Test Lead
- Lead team of System and Automation testers in an on-shore/off-shore model
- Review user stories with Business Analysts and Development
- Provide inputs during Agile User Stories Refinements along with Development Lead Oct
- Provide story points during to Agile User Stories during Estimation process
- Mentors resources, staying current in and maintaining demonstrable knowledge of the business domains, business processes, advanced verification and validation techniques
- Reviews and approve Test cases developed by the testing team
- Effectively work with Agile Scrum/Dev teams
- Supports and where require develop test cases and perform Integration, Regression and End to end validation in conjunction with core groups (Developers, Manual and Automation)
- Verifying back end logs and SQL database for errors
- Prepare Weekly Status Report to the Client
- Facilitate Sign off meetings for User Stories
- Facilitate Client Facing Demos
- Analysis and Testing of Production Issue's which involves user replication of issue, logging defect working with developer assigned to defect, retesting/validation of fix upon release and closing defect
Environment: Agile (Scrum), TIBCO, EMS Message Queue, Oracle12c DB, JMSViewer, SQL Developer, Sonar Validation, Java 1.8, XML, JIRA, Confluence and QC
Sr. QA Analyst
- Scope of testing included Functional, System, Regression, Integration and End to End for Confidential POS and Kiosk systems included Pawn Loan Origination, Loan Servicing, Layaways, Sales, Vendors, Cash and Safe Management and Customer Management modules
- Ran Payment Terminal and Credit Card Testing
- Provided hour estimates for entire QA team
- Test case creation from Requirements and Change Requests
- Testing involved creating, running scripts and checking the back end logs and SQL database for errors
- Document testing for Reports, Tags, Receipts and Pawn Loan Documentation
- Identified & tracked defects and closely worked with the development team to ensure the defects are fixed.
- Lead Test Case Review meetings and represented QA for Shop visits and interaction with Pawn Shop Employees (End User)
- Used Agile and Waterfall methodologies for testing
Environment: POS, TOAD, Rally, TFS, HP ALM, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Sr. QA Analyst/Business Analyst
- Responsible for requirement analysis and providing QA estimations for the project
- Developed Test Cases, Test conditions based on the Functional Specifications and Technical Design Document
- Responsible for defect management, defect reporting and test management using Target process application
- Coordinated testing activities with testing team members.
- Properly documented the testing procedures.
- Coordinated with the development team on a daily basis regarding bugs and issues.
- Conducted daily test status meetings with offshore and onshore teams
Environment: Agile, Java, SQL Server, SOAP UI, IVR, JIRA
QA/ Business Analyst
- Develop and execute test cases for both new and existing feature and for the new mobile service testing
- Create Requirement Traceability Matrix by Identifying and Documenting functional requirements and mapped them to individual test case requirements.
- Perform manual testing like Integration testing, Regression testing during various phases of testing
- Validation of Payment Cards in terminal
- Data Validation using SQL Queries
- Identify, analyze, and report test results
- Report, track, and monitor defects in the defect tracking system
- Share concerns/ issues and progress during daily scrum meeting
- Provide technical assistance and to the Clients and Customer Service
Environment: Java, JSP, .NET, DB2, SQL, SQL Developer, Rally, POS, Mobile Web Service, Agile Scrum
- Analyze System Development Specification, Functional Requirement Documents and Screen notes.
- Participate in Requirement Reviews and Project team meetings.
- Create Test Plans and Test cases for the migration project
- Perform System and Functional Testing for the POS application
- Performed card validation testing
- Perform database integrity testing using DB Visualizer
- Manage and track defects using Quality Center until closed
- Coordinate between multiple teams for issue resolution and escalation for any valid defects
- Evaluate and report Test Results, Project status, and milestones achieved on day to day basis to the manager
Environment: Quality Center, .Net, Uniface, SQL Server, DB Visualizer
- Involved in the Design Review meetings and walkthroughs to understand the process flows
- Involved in preparation of Test Plans, Created Test Cases in Quality Center
- Estimating and scheduling the test case writing and test execution phases of the application
- Data Validation using SQL Queries
- Performed Functional and System testing of the application
- Traceability Matrix was used to trace business requirements to test cases and test results
- Test Management was done using Quality Center
- Coordinated with developers in resolving defects
Environment: Quality Center, .Net, QTP, Visual Basic, Oracle, DB Visualizer
- Develop Test Plans for projects of low to moderate complexity.
- Prepare and design test cases of moderate to high complexity based on customer and system requirements.
- Ensure Traceability of test cases to requirements.
- Develop and maintain project test deliverables in adherence to SDM.
- Participate in reviews of requirement specifications with Business Analyst and Users.
- Execute testing in accordance with approved Test Plans and Test Cases, using appropriate testing types and tools including defect reporting and management.
- Develop, maintain, and execute manual test cases
- Used Clear Quest as Defect tracking tool.
- Effectively and consistently, communicate updates to Project teams, Leads, Supervisors and Managers as needed.
Environment: Java, HTML, SQL Server, QTP, Clear Quest, IE, SQL, MS office, Windows XP