- About 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience in QE Automation Engineering in Insurance, Digital Marketing, Financial, Banking Domain, E - commerce, Healthcare and Cruises Industries
- Worked in process improvement projects to reduce test times, integrate new tools, manage key tasks coordinate activities of a project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Proven ability to manage test automation developing in both testing and Ruby best practices as well as manual testing to develop test automation skillset by participating in Knowledge Transfer Sessions, pair-programming, training and understand the project, workflow, automation architecture and testing tools
- Led, mentored, and trained multiple testers helping in their professional development and promotion.
- Experienced with resource planning, scope assessment, testing framework, communication plan, reporting metrics template, defect reports, change management.
- Experienced in writing & executing test cases, reporting & tracking defect, preparing test report and build test automation suite automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Ruby Cucumber.
- Experienced in reviewing and analyzing business requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix, project testing requirements and other quality assurance considerations
- Experienced in SDLC and STLC, Black box testing, Functional testing, Integration testing UAT, User Interface, System testing, Regression test and Release validation of Application Software
- Hands on experience in various software development methodologies like Agile and Waterfall
- Proficient in both Manual and Automation Testing with ability to manage the automation of the entire testing cycles.
- Experienced in managing project by creating, assigning & tracking story using Version One, RTC and RRC
- Performed Project Administration utilizing HP ALM/Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Developed automated scripts for Regression testing, debug and enhance the scripts, run scripts, wrote user-defined functions etc.
- Involved and managed project planning, auditing of system requirements, tracking progress metrics and defects.
- Involved in phases like Requirement analysis, Estimation, 3 Amigo, Test planning, Test case design and reviews, daily stand-ups, Show and Tell, Retrospective, Status meetings, defects review and so on.
- Experienced preparing status reports and defect reports for daily status meetings and reporting them to Project Manager and Stakeholders of the project
- Collaboration in a team environment and coordination with business partners throughout development and testing phases
- Experience creating and implementing test plans for all phases of development, including Master Test strategies, test data management strategies, risk & dependency mitigation strategies and Regression and Release Test Planning
- Strong knowledge on Core Java, Ruby, PHP and Object Oriented Concepts
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing customized test automation frameworks like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Page Object Model using Java or Ruby, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Watir, Cucumber, TestNg, YMAL, Junit, Extent Reports, Jenkins, Git and Apache POI in BDD and ATDD/TDD environment
- Strong experience in developing cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing test automation framework.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency of front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the relational databases per business logic for data validation
- Strong knowledge on Web Service & Hands on experience in validating Web Services using SOAP-UI Pro, Postman and automated using rest-assured.
- Experienced in using Version Control Tools like SVN & GIT.
Sr. Software Quality Engineering
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- L ed the team to test and developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing and developed custom libraries for automation using Selenium .
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium, Java in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator
- Performed SeeTest on various mobile device simulators using the native and web properties of the objects.
- Analysis and preparation of Regression Testing Plan and Test Cycle for every release.
- Crated Automation scripts following Acceptance Criteria and also thinking out of box.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Migrating Automation scripts repository from Bitbucket to Azure DevOp.
- Implemented automated testing platforms and unit tests using Java.
- Proficient in using requirements and project management/defect management tool: Jira and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, reported bug using Project Tracking tool JIRA.
- As well as performance testing using JMeter .
- Develop test plans, test cases & QA processes for Android/IOS .
- Performed REST API service testing using tools such as Postman .
- Performed API testing using Postman to ensure data is being transmitted accordingly.
- Created selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG framework and page object model (POM) and Configured Web Driver , Maven tool.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing and developed custom libraries for automation using Selenium, Java, Cucumber .
- Worked with developers for complete overview of the issues, updates on application to meet the goals on time.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the back-end SQL Server.
- Worked on React Native Debugger to test developers APK .
- Worked on Visual studios to build Android application to test from developer’s code.
- Used Xcode IDE for macOS containing a suite of software development tools for developing software for iOS .
- Followed Agile testing methodology, actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
- Participated in Sprint demos, demoing new features and enhancements of application.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix's tracking entire CI/CD process.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Participated in Day visit to Cruises to test Application on secured Networks.
Test Automation Developer
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided test status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports
- Participated in different types of meetings and walkthroughs, discussed the outstanding defects, informed the QA manager, project manager and stakeholders with the updated test status
- Designed, developed and maintained the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Defined automation test strategy, test plan for GUI, API test automation and implemented BDD framework where created Junit based test steps from Gherkin using Cucumber and developed Page Object Model and Data Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Ruby, Gems, TestNG, Apache POI, Rest-assured, Splunk, Jenkins, Watir, SVN, GIT, CSV and YMAL for better maintenance
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium, Java in both IOS and Android banking applications.
- Executing the test plans on mobile (Android and IOS) as per requirements and Conducted native app testing running on Android and environments.
- Managed automated test activities of multiple projects through all life cycle phases including requirements review and analysis, project and test planning, test execution, test reporting and project assessment
- Coordinated automation efforts to achieve high quality standards , meet project deadlines while integrating tightly with development teams, project management and test teams
- Perform documentation for all test automation projects and share testing reports and results with the stakeholders
- Evaluated the functional and non-functional requirements for testability and suitability for automation by conducting a return on investment evaluation
- Assisted developers in the resolution of issues
- Reported status, provided daily updates to management, and identified alternatives , approaches and new development requirements to continually improve the application development and testing process
- Resolved testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation while conferring with engineering and technical personnel
- Developed and executed a full regression test suite for multiple project parallelly
- Troubleshoot , debugged problems and analyzed root causes in conjunction with development teams.
- Created and executed test plans for new functionality for the project to include Unit , Regression , Integration , System and User Acceptance Testing
- Participated in product design review meetings to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems
- Calculated project effort estimation and approved test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Identified test risks and planned risk mitigation efforts. Assessed product ability to meet specifications based on test results
- Identified and implemented process and test infrastructure improvements to increase test quality , improve test productivity , and streamline processes
- Conducted Built to Run Session to educate run team about the project and automation framework and provide warranty support after product release
- Working closely with TADs team to identify opportunities for improvement and aligning with the IT standards at Nationwide
- Participated in IT, ST, UAT, Release Validation, Warranty Support and supported the end users during testing session
Sr. Software Quality Engineering
- Design, develop and execute Test Plan, Test Methodology, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix to verify Reliability, Accuracy and Compatibility of application
- Cooperate business analysts and developers and participate in risk analysis & gap analysis based on the requirements
- Analyze business flow of the application as well as review business manuals and requirement document (BRD) to summarize system-specific business rules and other operating conditions
- Participated in Daily Agile Scrum "Stand-up", Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and updated the team on the status of upcoming User Stories in Version One
- Facilitate meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the outstanding defects and informed the QA manager with the updated test status
- Created detailed periodic status reports for senior management to keep them updated on the progress of implementation
- Supervise testing of different modules of the web-based/Internet application as well as the entire testing life cycle for the various modules of the application
- Thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE, FireFox, Safari, Opera and Chrome
- Expertise in designing and developing customized hybrid framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg, Apache POI, Page Object Model, Java, Ruby and Cucumber
- Automation of Android and iOS native app using Appium , Java .
- Conduct Functionality, GUI, integration and regression testing when necessary and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by coordinating and supporting the end users during testing session
- Design and build automation framework for different web-based software products using Page Object Model (POM) Design Pattern to reduce code and for better maintenance
- Co-ordinate with Development team for resolution of any outstanding issues and assisted Development team in Unit Testing and defect resolution
- Actively writing and executing the SQL Queries for test reference data, Data Validation, Record Counting, Non-Duplication Testing, detect data caching issues and ensure data consistency
- Proficient in creating Web Service Test suite using SoapUI Pro, Postman and automated Web Service projects using rest-assured
- Mentoring QA Testers and Test Analysts on creating Gherkin features and execution of BDD scripts through Gherkin feature files.
- Developed single and multiple web sampler scripts using JMeter.
- Analyzed the results and disseminated information to the clients and made recommendations to make appropriate decisions regarding the application’s readiness for deployment
- Prepared and developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Traceability Matrix based on the functional specification documents
- Interacted closely with the development team to discuss the design and testing aspects of the application to design the test plans
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports
- Implemented SDLC, which included requirements, specifications, design, analysis and testing
- Analyzed business flow of the application and reviewed business manuals and requirement document (BRD) to summarize system-specific business rules and other operating conditions
- Interacted with business analysts and developers in Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project
- Tested the application manually and developed Automated Test Regression Suite using UFT/QTP, VBScript, Data Table, Excel & Descriptive Programming during the development phase
- Involved in Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-Hoc Testing End-to-End, Black box and backend testing
- Used Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking and reporting defects
- Wrote SQL queries per business logic in order to obtain test reference data, data validation, detect data caching issues and ensure data consistency
- Involved in the documentation of the whole QA process