- Over 5 Years in Information Technology as a QA Engineer/Analyst with experience in analysis, design, development and testing of Client/Server and Web Based Applications.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Experience on working on Health Exchange Module.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/Web Driver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional, Junit / TestNG, Quality Center, JMeter, JIRA, SOAP UI, EggPlant and Cucumber.
- Good experience on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, Junit, UFT, TestNG.
- Experience in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG unit testing framework.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Good knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java and Ruby for test case automation.
- Experience in bug reporting tools like HP ALM, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, and JIRA.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perfo rm as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, Soap UI/PostMan, ALM, Cucumber, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, Eggplant, Jenkins.
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, UFT, MVC
Project Methodologies: Agile - Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, HP ALM, Quality Center.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Albany, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Gathered requirements and application information from Business Area Managers ( BAM ) and Subject Matter Experts ( SME’s ) and developed test cases.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like EggPlant and Cucumber .
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Developed automated tests for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, UFT and Maven .
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS .
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using SOA test.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Conceptualized, designed, and implemented automated functional API test cases using Java, SOAtest, and SoupUI .
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Actively involved in QA Testing ( UI and API ), and collaborating with off-shore QA personnel on current projects and documenting and reporting defects and test results in JIRA .
- Coordinated with upper management daily regarding status on the execution of Test Cases ( How many Test Cases failed/pass, status of the site ).
Confidential, Irving, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Use Cucumber extensively for business stake holders.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium .
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver .
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API and Flash Monkey API to write automation script and run Flex designed site.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using , Selenium and WebDriver .
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using UFT, TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java ).
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center .
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC .
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Defect logging and tracking using Mercury Quality Center (QC) and updated the test defects status with results.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Used Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases .