- Quality Assurance Engineer/Tester with 10 years of experience in Manual and Automation testing. Domains experience Ecommerce, Health Care, Banking, Financial, Communications and Sales in Agile and Waterfall models. Experienced in the field of IT with focus on Testing various web based and Client/Server applications with functional and technical experience.
- Created, Modified and updated the Business requirements specifications (BRS), Functional requirement specifications (FRS), Design documents in order to formulate Test Plans,Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Smoke, Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, Usability, Compatibility, System, Performance, Load and User Acceptance (UAT) testing, UI Testing, functional test (negative, positive), Security, exploratory testing.
- Good exposure and experience using and developing automated test scripts using VB Script in HPE UFT(QTP) and Load Testing by creating Vuser scripts.
- Identified areas for improving efficiency, shortening of test cycles, and automation of test scripts and recommended solutions for improvement
- Proficient in developing automated test code, test data creation, test code execution, test result documentation, logging defects, Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) and test summary creation
Management: AgileBoard, Backlogs, Test Metrics, User Stories, Requirements Gatherings, Project Timelines, Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, AGILE Methodologies, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle/Defect Tracking, Production Issues, RTM
Testing Tools: HPE UFT, Load Runner, Selenium
Test Management Tools: MF ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Rally, Bugzilla, Jira
Database & Browsers: SQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7, XP Professional, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java Script and VBScript
Languages: Java, Microsoft .NET, Open Source Tools
Tools: Toad, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, PUTTY, SOAP UI, MS Office, MS Excel, Zoom Plus, Color Detector, Calipers, Outlook, Google Hangout, GoToMeeting, Coded UI testing
Sr. QA Tester
- Participated in Daily Standup Meetings of Agile/Scrum Team to understand the progress in work and matched efforts to the changing needs depending on the current status of the updates in the meeting.
- Involved in daily Scrum meetings, Planning Sprint, Sprint Review, and Retrospective meetings.
- Generated, Developed and automated User Interface(UI)Tests Scenarios in an Agile environment using Selenium Web Driver in Java framework
- Created and implemented a testing process for Agile methodology
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver (TestNg, JUnit) automated test cases for regression test cases
- Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium Web Driver & created a Data - Driven framework using JUnit.
- Automated applications using Cucumber.
- Testing the individual web pages, modules, CRM flow, and integration between them to Identify and Report defects based on business rules, logic, use case, severity and priority.
- Manually tested new features on the web, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Worked on web applications, Oracle forms (Payroll, HR)
- Performed functional testing of Restful Web Services using RESTful API Tool
- Worked with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects
- Gathered existing manual test cases in the project and automate them to achieve efficiency
- Automated the manual steps using Coded UI tool and performed coded UI Testing using Microsoft .net to record a set of actions, created the code and played back the recording for testing the application
- Interacted with end users for creating the UAT documents.
- Performed manual and automated test procedures for functional testing of web services using SoapUI 4.5
- Developed and automated Web Services API testing using SoapUI frameworks
- Supported and maintained existing production Web Services, providing support for issues
- Implemented the whole life cycle of QA methodology by using Agile Scrum methodology. lead a team of 4-5 junior testers in issue-finding techniques, positive interactions with development studios, and writing skills while advising them in daily tasks
- Used GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints in QTP scripts for validations.
- Used Sync points to ensure QTP Script execution waits until the transaction in the application completes.
- Created QTP-QC integration and executed all the QTP scripts from Quality Center.
- Loaded data in the database and run SQL queries to ensure data migration and database integrity using TOAD
- Worked with Performance team to develop the VuGen scripts
- Performed accessibility testing using different tools like Zoom plus, Color detector, Calipers.
- Planning the analysis and testing timelines of a release for the various SDLC testing phases and managing a team onsite and Offshore.