- Driver of laboratory productivity to achieve goals through focus on continuous improvement and quality gains via implementation of new technologies and definition of standard operating procedures.
- Proven project manager, working cross - departmentally identifying opportunities, researching solutions, and solving problems reducing turnaround time.
- Experience in ground-up leadership, guiding design, construction, and policy development for new laboratory facilities.
- Inspirational towards team success cultivating a positive, supportive, and respectful work environment to drive collaboration towards company goals.
- Transformational focus, skilled in managing change to drive improvement through continuous adaptability.
Protocols: Gas Chromatography, Kinematic /Brookfield Viscosity, Wet Chemistries, Auto Titration, Database Development -LIMS, SPC Statistics, ISO 9001, TCEQ- Waste reporting, Inventory Management.
Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel -VBA, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) - Labware, WinLIMS, Labvantage, SPC Statistical software.
Equipment: Agilent- GC/HPLC, Fixed Gas, FOSS-NIR, Bruker-FTIR, HACH-UV-Vis, AA, Mettler-Karl Fisher Parker- Calorimeter, HunterLab- Colorimeter, Metrohm System, Brinkmann System, Anton Parr- Density, Analytical Balances- various.
QA / QC LABORATORY MANAGER
- Proactively stepped up to assist the plant manager in meeting of daily objectives, resulting in my designation as back-up plant manager and resulting in a promotion to Interim Plant Manager.
- Lowered customer complaints 80%, contributing to high rates of customer retention by building positive experiences, offering on-going technical and analytical laboratory support via establishment of effective corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Targeted waste reduction and championed cost-saving initiatives, reducing annual operational costs while reducing off-spec product waste 30%, and dropping test analysis turnaround from 18-24 to one-to-three hours.
- Reduced QA/QC reporting turnaround time to allow more on-demand reporting supporting data-based decision making by establishing streamline reporting software providing direct access to the unit operators and implementing new technology that significantly reduced analysis time.
- Recognized for excellence in housekeeping and lab safety management.
- Host for internal and external audits to verify regulatory and organizational compliance.
- Upheld company and industry safety expectations through development of emergency response team, utilizing knowledge as Licensed Paramedic.
- Increased sampling productivity exploiting new technology options that reduce turnaround time and implementing software allowing direct unit operator access.
- Eliminated safety risk and provided substantial cost savings, conducting a drum lining study that identified decomposition of coating material being considered for purchase and use in drummed products.