- An accomplished ITprofessional with 8+ years of experiencein SDLC, Requirement analysis, Data analysis, Release management, Risk Management, System analysis, Business Analysis, Process Management, Project Management, Software Testing and Analysis of Client/Server, Back - end, Windows and Web based applications.
- Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM I).
- Hands-on manager with extensive knowledge of all phases of SDLC with proven ability to direct and improve quality programs, reducing defects and improving overall efficiency and productivity.
- Managed a team of highly skilled QA analysts and directed the project to a successful path.
- Highly adept at developing and implementing test strategies, operational procedures and quality methodologies to support development and release of business applications.
- Ability to train, lead and motivate effective cross functional teams.
- Experience in working in an onshore/offshore environment.
- Experience in designing high level design documents and participating in design reviews.
- Performed complex functional, application, and regression tests, planned and implemented automated testing along with timely releases of product and production escalation patches.
- In-depth knowledge of all QA Phases that include Functional, System Integration, End-to-End and UAT testing.
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test cases based on product release features, client’s requirements and related technical documents.
- Profound experience in testing Web and Client Server applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Retail and Pharmaceutical domains.
- Experience in testing Order Management Systems with Manhattan and JDA retail systems.
- Expertise in manual testing and automation testing tools like Quick Test Professional, Cucumber and Selenium.
- Extensive use of defect tracking tools like Quality Center, Team Foundation Server and JIRA.
- Expertise in coordinating and tracking projects for seamless releases using Microsoft Project, JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence and Team Foundation Server.
- Hands on experience with SQL Queries, Excel, Word, Power point.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive and analytical skills with proven ability to work/manage multiple projects/tasks with successful completion.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro 9.5/9.2, Quality Center 9.0, ALM, Rational Tools, Team Foundation Server,Selenium, Cucumber, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence.
Operating Systems: Windows 95,98,2000, XP,2003, Vista 7,2010, Windows Sever003,2008,2012,2016
Mobile OS: Android OS, iPhone OS
Languages: SQL, C, C++, Perl, XML, HTML, Ajax, Java, Visual Basic, .Net, PL/SQL
Database Technologies: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/, SQL Server 2000/2005, PL/SQL, Teradata, MS Access
Others: MS-Office, MS- Visio,MS- Project
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
- Built, managed a highly successful QA team that consistently exceeded in deliveringhigh quality applications in US, Hong Kong and Japan markets.
- Established, implemented, and improved QA infrastructure, test procedures, process, and quality standards in accordance with overall development and product releases.
- Led process improvement projects to reduce test times, integrate new tools and manage key tasks.
- Led the team in successful validation of the large scaled projects like EMV implementation, Manhattan Order Management System, Gift card authorization changes, Credit card applications and integration of Webstore.
- Managed the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Performed resource and project trade off analysis to meet schedule, product life-cycle and QA requirements.
- Planned and coordinated resources needed to implement new test strategies resulting in development of best practice models.
- Managed Continuous Process Improvement to build team and enhance project life cycle, from analysis to production implementation, with emphasis on data analysis, system testing, and documentation of results.
- Responsible for project budgeting and resource management for each project. Created and maintained project schedules, involved in design reviews, mentored QA team, prioritized the tasks for QA team members working on different projects and ensure the test deliverables are met as per the projected timelines.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Business, Project Management team, QA Team, Development team, Production Support Team and others to design and develop effective solutions, troubleshoot issues and resolve bugs.
- Work with cross functional teams to streamline operations and coordinate testing efforts and troubleshooting any issues identified during testing including production issues.
- Established a proactive and creative working relationship with developers.
- Mitigated QA risks including escalation to senior management and collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure testing quality.
- Assisted business in setting up environment for performing User Acceptance testing.
- Responsible for, verification, releases, and customer technical supports.
QA Lead/ Business Analyst
- Involved in Requirement analysis, System Impact Analysis and Data Analysis.
- Gathered requirements and created the Business Requirement document for the new features/enhancements.
- Worked with the business, project manager, developers and QA team to ensure successful roll out of high-quality application.
- Setup the QA Lab, Defect Tracking and test case management Tools.
- Planned and Performed complex functional, system integration, and regression testing along with timely releases of the application into production.
- Responsible for all test planning and execution strategies are implemented and executed for each required initiative to ensure complete testing coverage and to meet defined application requirement standards.
- Validated changes related to Order Management System integration with JDA retail system and integration with Point of Sale.
- Lead team for integration testing during various enhancements and upgrade projects and ensure the test deliverables are met as per the timelines.
- Worked on validating the application for multiple migration projects which includes end to end testing and testing.
- Developed and documented test plans and test cases in accordance to the Business Requirement Document and Functional Specifications and executing them.
- Interaction with Business Analysts and Developers to resolve the issues that rose during the testing phase.
- Testing Frontend POS application which is developed in .Net and reporting results to the development team for debugging the defects.
- Validated changes related to Registry, Rewards,E-Receipts, Apparel, Campaign and integration with Point of sale system and Webstore.
- Document QA process standards and procedures including master test plan using MS Word, MS EXCEL.
- Responsible for executing the Regression testing with automated scripts and reporting the defects in Issue tracker and JIRA.
- Attend meetings to discuss on status of defects and projects.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Executed test cases before and after bug fixes for each build for User acceptance testing.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Basic,.NET, Java, Oracle, WebSphere, JBoss, Teradata, SharePoint, SQL, DB2, NCR, Verifone, Manhattan, JDA, MS Office.Sr. QA Analyst
- Prepared Test Plans based on analyzing the use cases, Business process specification documents and UI documents.
- Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the project.
- Prepared Test Cases and detailed test procedures using Quality Center for testing the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Worked with multiple QA teams working on different application modules and ensure that integrated product is working as per all requirements.
- Worked with offshore testing teams and provided daily updates to the higher management.
- Worked with offshore vendor teams to ensure the deliverables are delivered on time and make sure the project met the timelines.
- Tested GUI results and compared with database values using SQL Queries.
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application, along with User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Attended the Review and Project Meetings and discussed the Test cases results through verification and validation.
- Involved in weekly meeting with Development team to walk through the bug’s open status and verification.
- Responsible in providing regular testing status updates and test reports to the management.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve test data from the database.
Environment: Quality Center, JIRA, Java, Team Foundation Server, Cucumber, Selenium, .Net, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL, MSOffice.Sr. QA Analyst
- Involved in Review meetings and Project meeting with business users and Technical departments.
- Wrote Test Cases based on business requirements and executed those test cases.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Used Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements during the QA Testing Phase using Quality Center.
- Performed data validation to meet all test condition requirements.
- Working experience in HP Quality Center, by calling QTP scripts, tracking and reporting defects.
- Developed automated scripts using Quick Test Professional to perform Functional and Regression testing.
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application using QTP.
- Inserted Check Points to Check for the broken Links, Text, and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Enhancing QTP scripts with checkpoints, parameterization and synchronization points.
- Involved in created User Defined Functions in QTP by working on both Expert view and Keyword View.
- Verified and Validated the Automated Test scripts.
- Participating in Computer Systems Validation (CSV) effectiveness, improvement initiatives,
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract thedata from the database.
Environment: Quality Center9.2, QTP 9.5, MS Office, J2EE, XML, VBScript, ASP. Net, SQL, UNIX.