- IT Professional with more than ten years of experience in Quality Engineering of large and complex software systems.
- Proficient with various automated test tools like Eggplant, Selenium Webdriver, TestComplete, and Quality Center for functional and Integration Tests - -
- Seven plus years of specialized experience in Software Engineering including experience in developing requirements / specification document, System Design, Test Plan, Procedure and Test Administration.
- Proficient in using LINUX/UNIX servers for back end testing of application servers.
- Worked with various relational database systems like Oracle, MS SQL servers and MS Access.
- Experience in various GUI based tools and all phases of structured software life-cycle methodology.
- Experienced in Networking and Trading Protocols like FIX, SNMP, SIP, TCP/IP, and various Network Management tools.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr QA Consultant
- Sr QA Engineer for Compliance Risk Assessment project. Responsible for designing test cases for individual sprint releases and regression cycle.
- Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to understand business requirements and meet the customer expectations.
- Verify Data import to Compliance DB from external sources and execute SQL query to validate data.
- Perform rebalancing and enhancement of Compliance data for various risk parameters and validate the results.
- Used ALM for test case planning and execution and defect tracking.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Lead Test Engineer
- Lead Test Engineer for Union Pacific Yard System automation project located in Omaha, NE. Responsible for performing functional testing and reporting of new yard system optimization software release.
- Analyzed system requirements using Visure Requirement Management tool. Work with the project team to come up with Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Automated test cases using Python scripting tool PyWinAuto and EggPlant functional test tool.
- Develop test framework using TestNG, Java and Selenium Webdriver. Created and executed Automation Test Scripts. Performed analysis of nightly execution and preparation of Test Report.
- Written SQL queries to validate database tables update as a part of test case execution.
- Installed / Upgraded application server in Red Hat Linux O/S machine. Tracked CPU and Memory usage of server during backend testing. Used ‘tcpdump’ to verify data across the system.
- Used JIRA to track use cases and track development progress and software release schedule.
- Software release version control and configuration handled using Tortoise SVN.
- Presented test summary report for software release and test progress charts using HP ALM Dashboard facility.
- Participated in daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective meeting and presented task status and updated project team of any issues.
- Part of project team that successfully handled implementation process control software to Kansas City Yard of Union Pacific Railroad improving throughput and reducing manpower demand.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Quality Analyst for NYSE exchange of Confidential Group.
- Responsible for software testing, FIX Protocol Conformance for customer gateways, and test case automation.
- Verified FIX tags for customer order requests and gateway responses in a simulated test environment.
- Created python scripts for scanning application log files and outputs for warning / error messages as well as verifying XML data.
- Exposure to Over the Counter matching engine and national marketing system for price quotation of trading engine. Projects scheduled and managed using AGILE methodology using JIRA Scrum Board.
- Prepared QA test plans and test summary report for the software under test. Responsibility included writing Functional Test cases for different order types including Limit Order, Day Order, IOC and Reserve orders etc with FIX messages.
- Validate Database update during testing with SQL queries. Performed queries to join tables and verify data updates as per test plan.
- Automated GUI screen verification using ‘TestComplete’ software. Verified Trade Reports sent to FINRA as per published specs.
- Prepared weekly test execution status and defect analysis report for release under test. Software release version control and configuration and rollback details handled using Perforce Software package.
- Configured and upgraded Matching Engine software and verified failover functionality from Primary to Stand By server.
- Test Environment setup using both LINUX and Windows environment.
Confidential, Barrington, IL
Product Systems Engineer
- Product Systems Engineer for Medical Diagnostic Application Product. Responsible for analysis and preparing software defect report and Co-ordinate with defect resolution board to review and classify defects for universal viewer project.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and provided updated status and managed work backlog. Helped in maintaining project schedule along with the remaining SCRUM team members.
- Used HP ALM / Quality Center software to track Requirements / Test Cases and defects found during the test cycle. Worked with development team to prioritize and assign the defects to reach successful resolution.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Sr. Software Test Engineer responsible for Gateway Server products used for Futures Trading market. Working with a team of test engineers to create test plans and achieve product quality level.
- Review specifications / Requirements / Use Cases to create test plan and test cases and track product conformance to standards.
- Identify software defects and co-ordinate resolutions with development and client teams. Test FIX messaging / OMX API / NYSE-LIFFE standards and perform Gateway functional and regression tests.
- Design and create automated test cases.
- Perform comparative analysis of automated test tools best suited for test environment.
- Review and update requirements for gateway software release
- Plan and execute test cases for gateway software product
- Configure and install gateway servers for different exchanges like NYSE, SGX etc.
- Verify requirements / test cases / defects using HP ALM / Quality Center software.
- Co-ordinate with various exchanges for product conformance tests
- Automate regression test using Python language
- Prepare and present test execution summary report to Product Management
- Handle software issues faced by customers after product release.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Sr. Software Integration & Test Engineer responsible for Confidential product release to market.
- Automation of test process to verify FIX protocol confirmation and error detection
- Tested proper integration of various Confidential components for forward electronic trading system.
- Create Test Cases and Test Plans for link QA team
- Automated tests using BRIO test tool
- Write SQL query to extract database records to verify test results
- Verify the test results and Database updates with TOAD
- Check FIX protocol compliance by sniffing on the network traffic
- Used Rational Clear Quest to keep track of defects and resolutions of defects.
- Update Traceability Matrix and track specifications against software release.