- Strong aptitude and practical experience in managing and implementing continuous software quality process improvement.
- Have 10 years of experience in Health Care domain in provider, Pharmacy and member applications (Have 5 years of onshore experience).
- Currently leading & coordinating a team of 10 members in onshore - offshore model.
- Grooming the Product Backlog, Creating and updating user stories, building acceptance criteria to meet the client requirements
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of requirements and Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems.
- Conduct dry runs and review the scripts before the demo with PO’s and Business owners.
- Proficient in various phases of the testing i.e. Requirement Analysis, planning and development of robust test scenarios, validation and verification, Defect reporting.
- Expertise in utilizing quality assurance practices, including project plan development, test strategy development, test plan development, test case verification and validation and test data review, and test automation when required.
- Documented system functional and technical requirements.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of healthcare Domain claims management process, Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare Services, HL7, NCPDP, EDI files such as 850, 855 and 855 for pharmacy inventory and 835 and 837 for claims processing.
- Participate in design, Requirement gathering meetings with multiple external vendors.
- Proficient in Functional, Smoke, Integration, Regression and API testing in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Defined, designed and created initial specifications for SharePoint website to be used as project data repository for project. Possess strong Technical, Analytical, and Communication skills.
- Conducted UAT with the cross-functional business teams to ensure the system was aligned with the vision of the business teams.
- ASDA (Accenture Solutions Deliver Academy) Certified Test Professional.
- ISTQB Foundation level Certified.
Technology: Windows XP/Vista/ Win 7, Unix, Linux
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, XML
RDBMS: PL\SQL, Oracle
Testing Techniques: Black box, System Testing, Grey box Testing, Integration Testing
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum
Testing Tools: Rally, QC ALM, Rational Manual Tester, Rational Quality manager, Selenium, SOAP UI, JMeter, JIRA, Load Runner, QTP, Cucumber, TestNG
Others: Understanding of cloud computing Salesforce, Service Now testing.
Confidential, New Carrollton, MD
Business Analyst /QA Test Lead
- Working as an Onshore Test Lead managing the team of 10.
- Managed testing cycles, including test plan creation, development of scripts, test execution, test summary, co-ordination of user acceptance testing and post release activities.
- Collaborated with business, Vendors, developers and product owners to stay current on product features and intended functionality and prioritized and updated User Stories.
- Evaluated results against design and customer standards, Perform UAT.
- Collaborated with management and external stakeholders to identify and implement changes to systems and processes to increase the efficiency.
- Track daily execution progress, collect cumulative results from team and report them to development, business and project management teams.
- Built library of models and reusable knowledge-based assets to produce consistent and streamlined business intelligence results.
- Conduct Review calls with offshore team to explain functionality and mapping document design for the pertaining release.
- Created Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and managed User stories.
- Implemented user acceptance testing with focus on documenting defects, identifying bottlenecks and executing test cases.
- Lead Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- As Business Analyst in Agile team participating in connectivity establishment meetings, Providing Mapping document inputs, Review of Demo Scripts, SIT test cases, Conducted dry runs for all the User stories before actual products owner demo.
- Demonstrated the User Stories to Product Owners for Acceptance and Assisted in testing associated Sprint Stories for Acceptance Signoff.
- Updating Epics, Stories, and Tasks onto Rally and JIRA.
- Tracked and Reported daily QA status to Scrum Master/Project Manager.
- Perform post release activities and preparing RCA.
Environment : SIT (System Integration Testing), Smoke Test in DEV
Applications/Modules : EPIC and Pharmacy Modules that include KPHC Prelude, KPHC Cadence, Willow Inventory, Pyxis, KPHC ADT, Claims Processing, Ambulatory, ED Admission, Op time supply chain, ASC, Beacon, ePIMS, KP.org, Radiology, Lab Scanning, device testing that includes Kiosk, Scanners, Print Labels and Mobile testing
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Test Analyst/Jr BA
- Worked as an Agile testing analyst as part of a 10-member team.
- Worked on applications that deal with Reporting, Medication prescriber and conversion management system.
- Conduct Test Plan walk-through meetings with the Stake holders.
- Assisted in entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories, and Tasks) onto JIRA Agile application.
- Involved in collaborating with clients from the requirement definition stage, analyzing testing scope and building QA strategy for testing process.
- To get involved in daily stand up meetings, attending sprint planning sessions, participating in sprint retrospective.
- Modifying SOAP UI requests and verifying corresponding responses and DB validations.
- Proficient with Waterfall Model and Agile Methodologies.
- Validate NCPDP, XML, HL7 and X12 message conversions as per the requirements.
- Conduct status calls daily during Execution with Development, BA and QA teams to review test execution / defect status.
- Preparation of Demo scripts and providing demo to the product owners for the acceptance of user stories.
- Maintained the Risk and Issue trackers.
- Adhering to SLA and perform testing within the stipulated timelines.
- Identify automation areas and build plan for regression suite creation to leverage automation scripts.
- Used Linux commands for validating the Scheduled jobs and Update/Modify the configuration files for testing using WINSCP.
- Assist QA Manager in developing competitive strategies and plans to build the QA frameworks.
- Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis) at the end of every sprint to learn the gaps and solution to overcome them in future releases.
- As a BA, Elicitation of requirements and using those requirements to get IT Dev, test team understand what the client really wants.
- Planned, facilitated and reported on quality assurance testing efforts.
- Translated business user concepts and ideas into comprehensive business requirements, design documents and understand documents.
- Actively participated / arranged with number of iterations between team and product owners on domain related tasks
- Reviewed all test cases and test scripts for quality and identified additional areas to review.
Environment : Middle Ware Testing/API Testing in DEV Env, UAT
Applications/Modules : EPIC, OPPR, Sure scripts, eCIMS, Log tracer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
QA Tester (Software Engineer - offshore)
- Handled a team of 9 members.
- Worked on following Health care applications: Member, Provider, Facets.
- Interacting with SME's & Client to acquire the Application Knowledge.
- Acquiring domain Knowledge in Health care and technical knowledge.
- Analyzing the scope of initiatives - BRD, High-and Low-level Design documents. Prepared estimates for the project.
- Attend walkthrough calls and explain project scope and requirements to the team.
- Identify bugs and track the defect fixes using Clear Quest and maintain reports on resolved defects.
- Responsible for analyzing documents providing level of estimation for Enhancements and change requests.
- Prepare the regression bed by identifying the core test scripts.
- Building PL/SQL queries wherever required to test database as per the BRD.
- Sending Status Mails to Onshore and Offshore Leads on the status of the projects in execution on daily basis
- Provide sign off for SIT Phase. Provide UAT and Production testing support.
- Defined and documented the vision and scope of the project and preparing understanding documents.
- Gathered requirements, developed Process Model and detailed Business Policies.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the test plan, and various test cases for UAT.
Environment: System Integration Testing
Applications: Member, Facets, Provider