- A results - oriented QA professional with over five years of experience in manual and automated testing of multi-tiered and web-based applications.
- Expert in gathering and analyzing requirements, writing test plans, building test cases, setting up test environments, executing test cases, creating bug documentation, and analyzing test results.
- Comfortable in customer-facing roles.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in working with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Expertise in defining and developing quality assurance test plans and test cases by analyzing business/technical requirements, system design documents and use case documents
- Expertise in developing test scenarios, preparing test data, executing test scripts, linking requirements to test cases, creating bug documentation, and reporting test summary.
- Experience in manual and automation testing using industry standard testing tools such as HP Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional, JIRA, and LoadRunner
- Specialized in Integration, Smoke, Functional, System, Positive, Negative, Regression, Performance, Load, Stress, Endurance/Soak, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong leadership, self-starter, positive attitude, personable, great organizational skills, attentive to detail, and self-motivated.
- Versatile team player with excellent interpersonal and technical documentation skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of interpreting and transforming data models, business use case diagrams, environment and data needs into testing deliverables
- Effective in using QA tools including bug/defect tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in effectively presenting technical information to various audiences including the client, developer, and project manager.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently as well as collaboratively with team members in testing complex projects.
- Ability to prioritize to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
SDLC Practices: Agile, Waterfall
Roles Performed: QA Analyst, UAT Tester
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Windows Vista/XP/NT/2000, LINUX, UNIX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, Safari
Applications: MS Office Professional, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, Postman, Eclipse, SQL Server Management Studio
Testing Tools: ALM (HPQC), Quality Center, TestRail, Load Runner, Selenium WebDriver
Bug Tracking Tool: ALM(HPQC), JIRA
Languages: SQL, HTML, Java, Oracle
Reporting Tools: SQL Queries
RDBMS: DB2, SQL Server, MS-Access, iMIS
SDLC Practices: Agile, Waterfall
Confidential — Bethesda, MD
- Participated in Scrum meeting, standup meeting, and created flowcharts for planning and test purposes.
- Created Test Plans, Test cases and Test Data. Performed Front End and Back End Testing using SQL.
- Participated in all aspects of Quality Assurance from Planning to Execution
- Created and maintained testing schedule and managed testing of User Stories for the Sprint.
- Logged and Tracked defects using Jira. Produced Test Metrics for daily status report
- Actively participated in automation design, code reviews, and solution development
- Executed test cases using Test Rail, identified, and communicated defects.
- Worked with software developers and partners to troubleshoot issues
- Performed manual testing: functional testing, sanity testing, integration testing and regression testing.
- Created automation Scripts using Selenium Webdriver for Smoke and Regression Testing.
- Perform Front End and Back End Testing, using SQL.
- Participated in Backlog Grooming Sessions, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review.
- Conducted Demo Sessions for each Sprint.
- Downloading, Installing and troubleshooting application for testing IOS and Android devices.
- Worked closely with developers to review bugs and tracked them till they are resolved.
- Performed Manual Testing to test the usability of the application.
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix to map Test Cases to the User Stories
- Maintained central repository to determine the readiness of the application by combining Planning, Execution and Defect Tracking.
- Participated in daily scrums to effectively communicate the progress and road blocks to deal with the constantly changing requirements.
- Importing requirements, create Test Cases, validate requirements with test cases and generate reports using JIRA.
- Manage the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using JIRA.
- Participate in review meetings to resolve bug related issues with developers.
- Communicate/Update team with best practices that they can implement to thoroughly test the application but reduce the amount of testing time required.
- Participated in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management and users.
- Created new material for new QA module team as well as trained them on application and bringing them up to speed.
- Answered and troubleshoot customer and UAT issues, questions, and problems.
- Conducted smoke, functionality, system, and regression testing by using Selenium Webdriver Automation scripts
- Performed Back end Testing-using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate
- Supported UAT Testing