- Total 9 years of experience of which 6+ years of experience is in IT Industry into software quality assurance and testing.
- Hold strong knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC).
- Experience in analyzing business requirement, functional requirement and review design specifications with having primary responsibility of developing test plan and test scenarios.
- Expertise in building QA test strategy, testing scripts, testing execution plan and also coordinated UAT testing.
- Extensive experience in all testing methods including waterfall, agile and scrum.
- Expertise in writing simple and complex SQL queries using TOAD.
- Experienced in functional or system, integration, regression and automation testing.
- Experience working with quality center/ ALM / Jira to store business requirements, test Cases, test runs, test results for every iteration and store defects and link them back to the requirements.
- Experience in testing/validation of business standard and ad hoc reports.
- Experience in end - to-end testing of an application/process. Performed back end testing using SQL queries and UNIX.
- Strong knowledge in selenium.
- Thorough knowledge of requirements induction and analysis techniques in order to define and document requirements and translating business requirements to functional test-cases and technical specifications.
- Experienced in interacting with clients, business analysts and leads.
- Expertise in defect management, bug tracking, bug reports and generating the graphs using test management tools such as HP quality center (ALM).
- Coordinated with all the team representatives and downstream users who were involved in testing for sign off approvals.
- On-time and quality delivery of the testing results for the modules/projects.
- Leading, mentoring and monitoring offshore delivery management team for project deliverables.
- Understanding and coordinating client’s needs /enhancements and customization.
- Team player with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Good communication skills and flexible to learn advancements in the IT industry.
- Sound analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
Database Used: MS Access, Oracle, Toad, MYSQL
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux / UNIX
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center, HP (ALM), Jira
Project Processes: Waterfall Model, Agile
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, SQL, HTML
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari
Others: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint
Automation Tools: Selenium
Environment: OS: Windows
Database: SQL, Oracle
Scripting Languages: Java Script
Automation Tool: Selenium 3.13.0
- Developing test plans and evaluating requirements for automation.
- Designing test cases, strategies and test scripts for corresponding user stories.
- Reviewing the test scripts and executes the same in selenium.
- Story points are estimated and task are broken out and estimated by hours when necessary.
- Road blocks are reported as soon as possible.
- Develop QA process by using test management tools and techniques.
- Tracking and reporting bugs by utilizing standard defect tracking system.
- Providing directions in peer review to ensure that the product deliverables meet the deadlines.
- Identifying the test data for automation.
- Involved with test coverage metrics and defect metrics such as defects by severity, number of defects, defects per build, test effort and various other measurements.
- Interact with end users and investigate issues related to the QA.
- Used Jira and confluence to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, defect tracking & reporting.
- Participated in status meetings to report issues. Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using Jira.
- Prepared and presented weekly and monthly QA defect and status reports to the different stake holders of the project using Jira.
Environment: Application Type: Web Application
Web Server: Tomcat
Web Page Design: JSP
Database: MS SQL Server
- Understand the requirements (both functional and non-functional) by going through the specifications and inputs from business analysts.
- Identifying the automation scenarios from functional requirements.
- Creation of automation scripts for regression testing.
- Executing the regression suites through selenium.
- Create manual test scripts based on the defined test strategy for the assigned module.
- Prepare scripts (SQL, etc.) to create test data as required and populate test data to ensure that the test environment is setup for the assigned module in a timely manner.
- Execute test script as planned for the assigned modules.
- Prepare and submit daily status reports to client and provide timely updates on the tasks assigned.
- Perform specific tasks as per the ""Go-live"" implementation plan with guidance from supervisor.
- Document and share own learning’s from the project.
- Participate in manual test script preparation on a need-basis.
- Understand the test script/ scenarios, design and develop simple scripts using specialized testing tools.
- Use specialized testing tools to execute the respective scripts and modify the scripts as required.
- Create test analysis report for the assigned modules.
- Involved in test case walkthrough, providing estimates and test result walkthrough to stakeholders.
- Interacting with development team and business analyst team to baseline the requirement specifications.
Environment: Application Type: Desktop Application
Database: MS SQL Server
- Analyzing requirement specifications mentioned by client. This includes the requirement specification documents, LDM, PDM, etc.
- Analyze and communicate potential risks during project execution and propose appropriate moderations.
- Communicate with development team in design phase and review requirement mapping documents.
- Track testing progress and share status reports to all stake holders.
- Perform reviews of testing artifacts, SQL scripts prepared by the team.
- Performing system, functional, regression, sanity & smoke testing.
- Reporting and tracking bugs in quality center & JIRA.
- Preparing data dump for testing.
- Hands on experience with designing, writing and executing test cases as well as covering all the test conditions and defect management.
- Running SQL scripts (Database Testing) and UNIX commands as per project requirement.
- Updating project status on QA calendar on weekly basis.
- Closely following up with development team for all the open defects/concerns.
- Tracking and scheduling day to day activities and updating daily status report to the client.
Environment: Application Type: Web Application
Test Management Tool: HP Quality Center
Browser: Internet Explorer
- Developed QA process by using test management tools and techniques.
- Conducted tests and prepared reports for future reference.
- Created bug reports by coordinating with software testers and developers.
- Supported senior QA manual tester in the development and execution of QA continuous process.
- Performed first level system testing by coordinating with QA team and business analyst.
- Handled responsibilities of regression testing to ensure efficiency in product delivery.
- Involved in review meetings and weekly status meetings.
- Find the bugs in the application.
- Involved in preparing test plans, test cases, test strategy, test case specifications, test scenarios, test data, test log and defect reports.
- Work with development team to create test plans for enhancements and fixes on applications.
- Experience with the SDLC in an AGILE testing environment.
- Experience with lifecycle defect management.