- More than Six years of professional experience in Software Testing using Selenium.
- Highly proficient in creating and implementing test plans and test cases based on user requirements and functional specifications.
- Experienced in formulating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Approach and set up testing environment.
- Expert in both Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Experienced in using JIRA for issue tracking and Git and GitHub for version control.
- Proficient in writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Proficient all types SQL queries like select, insert, update, delete and joining multiple tables based on business requirement.
- Good Knowledge in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Proficient in using Web - debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experienced in set up Selenium tools from scratch and configuring various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium Test.
- Experienced in performing Regression testing, System testing and Functional testing using Selenium.
- Expertise in implementing cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium IDE and WebDriver.
- Good Knowledge in designing and implementing different automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for a number of projects using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Experienced in Performance/Load/Stress testing with JMeter.
- Experienced in using Junit and TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Experienced in developing and implementing Data Driven and Keyword Driven automation testing framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in testing web based applications using JMeter and SOAPUI, as well as performance benchmarking validations.
- Expertise in setting up and carrying out browser compatibility testing environment with different browsers and versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome on different OS like windows and MAC.
- Experienced in creating User Guides, Documentation & Presentations.
- Good communication interpersonal skills, committed, result oriented, hard working with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies.
Languages: Java, C/C++, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Script
Repository System: GitHub, Subversion
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX/Linux
MS Tools: MS Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint MS Visio, MS Excel
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, HP ALM, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Soap UI, Postman, RestAssured, Maven
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM, HP Quality Center
Databases: Microsoft SQL, DB2, MS Access, Oracle
Testing Framework: JUnit, TestNG
Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache
Software Methodologies: AGILE SCRUM, Waterfall, V-models
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Test Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Designed, developed and executed the Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Attended daily scrum calls as part of agile methodology.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Developed an integrated Test Plan covering the main functions of the designated parts of the application.
- Involved in gathering requirements from the business analyst and creating test plans.
- Performed Smoke, Integration, Functional, Regression, System, Acceptance and Usability testing during different stages of the application development.
- Performed various types of process evaluations during each phase of the software development life cycle, including review, walk through and system testing.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using JIRA.
- Mapped the developed Test cases to the system requirements in JIRA for requirements coverage and traceability completion.
- Designed and executed SQL queries on both Source and Target databases to validate the data.
- Developed and maintained unit tests using JUnit.
- Developed Hybrid Framework using Java, WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify elements on the page.
- Wrote JUnit Test Cases for REST web service Java API.
- Executed Automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing used Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated the regression test cases using Selenium & TestNG.
- Created scenarios to test API's for various functionalities and modules of the application using SOAP UI.
- Involved in Testing the REST calls (POST, GET, PUT, DELETE methods) using SOAPUI Tool.
- Involved in the test case walkthroughs, assessment meetings.
- Cooperated and performed with development group to resolve the difficulties came across in a test execution.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, JIRA, Web Services, Java, Java Script, Windows, Agile Methodology, MS Office tools, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, XML, VSS, UNIX.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed the Business requirement documents, Functional specification documents to prepare Test cases and effort estimation.
- Performed manual testing for the entire application by executing the Test scripts.
- Performed regression testing of the application manually.
- Maintained versions for System testing, Data driven and Regression testing.
- Worked with bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Generated different type of graphs, analyzed the result, created the report and published the report by using JIRA.
- Scheduled the script execution, published results and reported defects as required in JIRA.
- Performed Database Validation to check the updated data in the database using SQL quires.
- Created and implemented Page Object Model automation framework using Selenium, TestNg and Maven.
- Responsible for developing automated test cases with Selenium and custom scripting as appropriate to the test case.
- Developed and maintained custom libraries for the common automation framework using JAVA in Selenium.
- Involved in Black box, Negative, Compatibility testing; also, involved in patch and upgrade testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Smoke Test and Sanity Test using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities using Selenium.
- Involved in validating Sanity, Functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and testing the request and response of the Web Services through SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to manually test REST API.
- Performed browser compatibility testing (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Opera mini) of a web based application to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Involved in Preparation of Defect Summary report, Test execution report and Daily Status reports.