- IT Professional with proven track record of QA work that has successfully contributed to the overall success of projects.
- 10 years of IT industry experience with 6 years dedicated to quality assurance, automation, administration, and support of information systems.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP and UNIX Operating System.
Programming/Scripting: SQL, VB Script, HTML, XML, CSS, PHP, Java, Python programming language
Tools: /Packages: Jira, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Visual Studio Team Foundation Server(TFS), HP Quality Center (HPQC), Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT), Done Done, Microsoft Azure, SoapUI, REST Webservices, Goldmine Business Contact Manager (CRM Application), SnagIt, Gold Wave, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), WAPT Performance Testing Tool & HP Load Runner.
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL & MS Access Selenium Webdriver.
Software QA Engineer
- Review product design to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Design, execute and analyze comprehensive test plans for AI systems
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to developers throughout the development process
- Hands on experience with developing/maintaining/automating regression test suites/programs
- Find bugs and issues in pre - production and post-production release scenarios and perform exploratory testing when required.
- Work in an interdisciplinary Agile team environment and interact with/leverage Business Analysts, Product Owners, and other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Train Co-Op students to QA methodologies and processes.
- Created test - strategy, test-plan and acceptance criteria from backlog stories/requirements.
- Created test scripts/test cases from acceptance criteria for functional modules and Integration points.
- Executed functional testing, mobile testing, data testing, API testing, SIT testing and multi-browser testing for the application
- Kept the defect tracking tool (DoneDone) up to date by retesting and closing tickets in a timely manner.
- Acted as the key point of contact for all QA related issues and problems during releases and testing phases.
- Provided real time reports to core team and steering committee
- Lead the UAT kick off meeting
- Trained defect management and QA process to core team
- Coordinated defect triage meetings with vendor and core team
- Lead the UAT and the regression phase
- Created and executed performance test scripts using WAPT Pro
- Worked closely with Project Manager, IT Management and Vendor to support UAT testers, IT and core team.
- Participated in backlog grooming sessions to add/prioritize new items to the sprint
- Participated in all sprint ceremonies including sprint planning, sprint review, daily scrum and sprint retrospective meeting.
- Created acceptance criteria & filled details to backlog stories.
- Used Microsoft Test Manager to create, maintain and prioritize test cases/scripts.
- Used MTM to create and manage defects.
- Responsible for retesting and closing defects in a timely manner.
- Conducted exploratory testing and regression when required to make sure no new bug has been generated through continuous integration process and the build is still stable.
- Lead the Sprint Demo during the Sprint Review Meeting
- Executed mobile, tablets and multiple browsers testing
- Trained new QA’s to the QA process & methodology including defect management.